Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034782 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2017, 08:37:11 pm »
Will eurosyndicate be eventually remade from its current incarnation into a regular customer? Their currenmt missions would make njice high level bounty hunts.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2017, 04:56:01 pm »
If those get integrated into the bounty-hunting game they should be optional in terms of thier prices and favors.
The current favors of Zaxx, Mutant Alliance and the other dude give you crucial research topics to advance the techtree.

Eurosyndicate deal shouldn't be mandatory to advance the game due to how double-edged the 'reward' can be.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #482 on: July 30, 2017, 12:04:57 pm »
Eurosyndicate deal is in no way mandatory, and never will be.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 30, 2017, 01:25:28 pm »
Are bows worthwhile? It's the start of a new game (new version) and I already have musket rifles and shotguns, makes me wonder what a bow can bring to the table when it's a more primitive tech

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 30, 2017, 02:28:17 pm »
Are bows worthwhile? It's the start of a new game (new version) and I already have musket rifles and shotguns, makes me wonder what a bow can bring to the table when it's a more primitive tech

Bows are excellent. Their ability to fire over walls and cause high damage at great distances makes them invaluable. You'll need moonshine or rum to keep your archer's energy up.

I kept an archer until I unlocked grenade launchers and mortars

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 30, 2017, 03:05:47 pm »
What are those very small flying object that don't look like ship, and are destroyed to shreds after even the weakest shot?

Offline sinisteragent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 30, 2017, 04:34:02 pm »

The smallest bow (not the others, but they're much more powerful in exchange) can also launch fire arrows, which have a good chance of setting targets on fire. This tends to panic them, and illuminating an area at range is really useful at night.

Plus some of your people will have naturally high throwing skill and poor shooting skill, so bows help make them useful. Bows are also quick to fire and don't need you to kneel to get decent accuracy, so they're very mobile units who can often fire at a large area of the map. And even once bows lose some of their edge, they remain useful against some weaker targets, and having a few people who can chuck grenades well is always handy.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 30, 2017, 04:34:43 pm »
What are those very small flying object that don't look like ship, and are destroyed to shreds after even the weakest shot?

Imperial Probes? You are supposed to follow them to a landing point.

Offline sinisteragent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 30, 2017, 04:36:25 pm »

You can find this out if you catch one that lands, or eventually through researching/interrogating enough people in the world in general. Don't spoil every mystery for yourself!  These ships aren't a sign you're going to lose or need to prepare for anything big, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2017, 07:16:25 pm »
Thanks for the reply

I don`t get the hit percentages. I`ve missed 100%+ shots and hit 0% shots. Does anyone have a link to something that explains it in detail please?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #490 on: July 30, 2017, 07:19:51 pm »
Thanks for the reply

I don`t get the hit percentages. I`ve missed 100%+ shots and hit 0% shots. Does anyone have a link to something that explains it in detail please?

In short, it's not really % chance, it's a value. You can always hit or miss virtually every viable shot.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 30, 2017, 07:37:38 pm »
So does the number really mean anything? Is there a way to work out how likely I really am to hit?

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 30, 2017, 08:33:40 pm »

Bows have a long range and decent accuracy in a stage of the game where long-range firearms are rare. One gal using a bow can be really useful ratmen village maps. They have pretty low damage so gainst anything tougher than an unarmored human you're probably better off using javelins or grenades or mortars to fill the same niche.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 30, 2017, 09:46:18 pm »

Round grey things are probes, if you follow them with your dropship you will get a hard-ish mission with rare-ish enemies.
Something that looks like a bunch of matches is ratmen patrol, if you let those live you will get a hideout attack soon. With dogs and blood hounds.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 31, 2017, 12:30:26 am »
So does the number really mean anything? Is there a way to work out how likely I really am to hit?

Think of the number as representing a cone of deviation. The higher the value the tighter the cone. Anything past 100% has minimal impact. Also something to keep in mind is that the game calculates line of sight from character's head, but line of fire is from the weapon at a lower height.