aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033557 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #435 on: July 02, 2017, 08:58:10 pm »
Just give sniper-rifles 50-150% dmg formula to make them valuable. If that leads to abuse just remove the snap-shot feature and make them 'aimed' only or even code a whole new firemode called 'snipe' that counts like 'aimed' BUT doesn't feel like wasting TU like it's the case currently.

Offline kayelgee

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 04, 2017, 12:48:56 pm »
I think I'm blind. I can't find a way to sell(or kill) my brainers so I can lower my maintenance costs.
Did I miss some button somewhere or is it not possible to sell brainers after you've bought them?

Offline Serpentium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 04, 2017, 01:19:08 pm »
I think I'm blind. I can't find a way to sell(or kill) my brainers so I can lower my maintenance costs.
Did I miss some button somewhere or is it not possible to sell brainers after you've bought them?

I had that same problem too! You need to remove brainers from research topics before you can sell them off. The same applies for runts with manufacturing.

Offline kayelgee

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 04, 2017, 02:47:52 pm »
I had that same problem too! You need to remove brainers from research topics before you can sell them off. The same applies for runts with manufacturing.
Now I feel dumb. Thanks

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 06, 2017, 06:27:34 pm »
Before I drop 200 million on a couple of provosts, I have to ask something.  On top of all the needed materials (with 500(!) hellerium fuel capsules among them), just how much money does it cost to manufacture the Conqueror?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 06, 2017, 07:35:16 pm »
Before I drop 200 million on a couple of provosts, I have to ask something.  On top of all the needed materials (with 500(!) hellerium fuel capsules among them), just how much money does it cost to manufacture the Conqueror?

Lots, but nothing compared to the hellerium and getting fuel capsules cost.  If you have the economy to get the 500 fuel capsules, you don't really need to worry about the rest.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 06, 2017, 07:41:47 pm »
Not particularly much. By the time you have amassed the requisite thousands of hellurim the cost should be trivial if you have anything resembling a substantial production capacity. 

Seriously expect to be sitting on your hands for months gathering. Hell with the BS fest of implosion bomb launchers needed for gravity physics on top the hellerium, i venture there is about 1-2 years where most of your production capacity has bugger all to do. If you already have the factory needed for assembling the conqueror that's a huge amount of workshop space to make money with. Even with simple products.

My most recently finished campaign i ended up buying 2/3 of the hellrium outright. And that was neither with optimal workshop production, nor could a really give an arse about going on missions for anything but the score to stay positive.

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 07, 2017, 03:14:11 am »
Is keeping the original gals alive hopeless without savescumming or keeping them parking in the base?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 07, 2017, 07:02:10 am »
No, but the odds are definitively not in your favor.

Offline breaker52

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 07, 2017, 05:56:33 pm »
Hey, Me again, so i have a question about oxygen tanks, are they equipped like shawls to keep your girls(and slave divers) breathing? would a gasmask help as a breath mask?

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 07, 2017, 07:26:36 pm »
no, they're consumables like beer and bandages. you have to use them. no equipment can change the amount of stun you take underwater; it is completely dependent on the armour you're wearing.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 08, 2017, 01:15:29 am »
Is keeping the original gals alive hopeless without savescumming or keeping them parking in the base?

The original 6 offer quite a boost in (wo)manpower due to thier far superior starting stats compared to recruitable hands (lowest tier recruits)
Losing all of them can increase your difficulty by a lot, keeping them alive will pay out later once you've the tools to keep ahead of your opponents.

Save-scumming is never an option unless you're playing the mod at the current state for the very first time (or second/want to have fun).
The mod forces alot of knowledge to handle (mission-structure, knowledge of opponents strength/weakness and geoscape-tactics).

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 08, 2017, 06:51:40 am »
Well, it's been a year and I only have two of the originals left. One died from being shot through a wall by an armored car, one got one-shot by a werewolf and two died from not knowing that unconscious gals will eventually die of stun damage now (I don't know if that was possible in last year's version but it never happened).

Since everything is a roll of the dice, I guess it's inevitable that all of them will have their numbers come up eventually.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 08, 2017, 07:02:03 am »
Snip
(I don't know if that was possible in last year's version but it never happened).
snip
It's a fairly recent addition.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2017, 11:15:09 am »
Since everything is a roll of the dice, I guess it's inevitable that all of them will have their numbers come up eventually.

Later in the game the starting stats doesn't matter much anymore (maybe bravery) since the strength of your squad will come from the awesome equipment later, making bad swabbies into strong amazons just by using good guns. Losing soldiers is much more forgiving in X-Piratez than losing any veteran soldier in X-Com 20xx or X-Com 2.

Just take care that your voodoo-soldiers (those with 58+ voodoo power) don't die. No fair possible to increase this stat anymore.