Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034855 times)

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2017, 11:06:47 am »
I would like an explanation of arcanistic/arcane rounds (which seem to be only for the handcannon and autogun as of .99F5).

The 'pedia states: "Their power is augmented by user's Voodoo Power (*0.1 per each 7 base damage)".

There are two interpretations I have considered:

1. The damage is the listed damage of the arcane round x + 0.1(x%7)(VPOW). If the autogun arcane round is Plasma 14 (dmg), and the wielder has VPower of 50, then damage with bonus is 14 + 0.1*2*50 = 14 + 10 = 24.
2. The damage is the listed damage of the arcane round x + 0.1(x)(VPOW%7). If the autogun arcane round is Plasma 14 (dmg), and the wielder has VPower of 50, then damage with bonus is 14 + 0.1*14*7 = 14 + 10 = 24.

Well, the formulas should always converge around the same result for the game, but I would like to know which is the formula in-use.

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2017, 11:51:54 am »
Interpretation 1 is correct.  I too found the sentence difficult to understand.

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2017, 12:46:17 pm »
Hey guys, had a little question that I can't seem to find out through the search function: where do I find the damaged syns? Or is that even what I need to do? I've been through two full playthroughs with F.5 and haven't found one. What am I missing?

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2017, 01:09:46 pm »
damaged syns are found on a certain orbital mission. I think the chances of getting the right one are 1 in 5

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2017, 07:45:21 pm »
Thanks Juff! Appreciate the quick reply! That explains why I never see them, I rarely do orbital missions. I wasn't aware of anything worthwhile in them, other than a few hellerium capsules to sell. I also don't do Organ Grinder missions beyond the first or so. Am I missing anything else by not doing those mission types often?

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2017, 08:24:57 pm »
I also don't do Organ Grinder missions beyond the first or so. Am I missing anything else by not doing those mission types often?

It's mostly Castaway Gals you're missing by not doing the grinders.

Btw, space, underwater and mansions tend to be ignored just because of all the tedium of reequipping every last one gal in the response squad. I think it's time to do something about the per-vehicle equipment templates and persistent gal equipment templates, or maybe come up with some entirely different solution. I'd code it myself, but I'm kinda lost on what an acceptable design would be. Maybe we can come to at least a whiff of what's really needed discussing this here?

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2017, 08:59:25 pm »
What do I  need  to be able to use Gauss technology? I've alreaddy reaserched Pistol/Rifle/Sniper/Heavy Gauss weapon but stillno luck. I see "Gauss (Basic)" on tech tree but it isnt shown on my avaible reaserch screen. Any idea?

Thanks for all help.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2017, 09:31:28 pm »
What do I  need  to be able to use Gauss technology?

You need "Unlocking Gauss Weapons" to use them.

Offline Haggashed

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2017, 12:46:13 am »
ok i seems to be blind or stupid but i can't find fusion batteries for building ships. is it a research just me having bad luck with landed and shot down ships or am i missing something very important that i may need to reset my campaign for?

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2017, 12:53:46 am »
ok i seems to be blind or stupid but i can't find fusion batteries for building ships. is it a research just me having bad luck with landed and shot down ships or am i missing something very important that i may need to reset my campaign for?

Fusion batteries. Obtained at the black market. Check it out, if you researched building ships, they should be there.

Offline Haggashed

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2017, 01:06:49 am »
Fusion batteries. Obtained at the black market. Check it out, if you researched building ships, they should be there.
:-\ they are freaking ammo no wonder why i didn't find them.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2017, 01:45:33 am »
:-\ they are freaking ammo no wonder why i didn't find them.

Be grateful you don't have to source duct tape for the ships ;).

Although I'd count that one as an oversight.

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2017, 07:38:40 am »
It's mostly Castaway Gals you're missing by not doing the grinders.

Btw, space, underwater and mansions tend to be ignored just because of all the tedium of reequipping every last one gal in the response squad. I think it's time to do something about the per-vehicle equipment templates and persistent gal equipment templates, or maybe come up with some entirely different solution. I'd code it myself, but I'm kinda lost on what an acceptable design would be. Maybe we can come to at least a whiff of what's really needed discussing this here?

Always worth repeating this.

In midgame its easier, when almost every vessel can do both of undersea/0G, or at least one. Templates are actually useful here, since its the same ship inventory.

There is nothing good to be said about the design and concept of Mansion missions.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2017, 02:20:55 pm »
How does the demotion of hands really work? The bootypedia says I have to hold down cntrl whilst in the hands menu. I must be doing something wrong because nothing happens.

Currently that particular issue can be worked around by having a transport dedicated to each mission type, so the player will need 3 or so transports altogether (and that is something I do in my games, once I can afford the luxury of it). So for maximum quality of life, we'd want a transport template that can recall the crew, equipment and the armour they wear at the push of a button?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2017, 02:53:51 pm »
The bit about​ demotion is old and should be removed from the bootypedia.  Ever since the gals' salary started increasing by rank, demotion has been disabled. Just put unwanted officers on the front lines or fire them.