aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033459 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 06:55:32 pm »
Armor Resistance works by reducing or increasing damage by a percentage. Values above 100% increase damage taken, values below 100% reduce. In the case of protective gear items they modify armors native resist by a multiplier.

Offline sectopod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 07:49:00 pm »
so, when it says "choking 400%", then this means choking dmg is multiplied by 4? eg the rope does lets say 6 dmg, so then against all basic outfits with "choking 400%" it does 6x4=24 dmg ? is this the way to calculate it?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 07:55:20 pm »
Yes. 400% is base x4. It should also be noted that resistance comes before armor but after a weapon rolls damage. So high resist, middling armor value outfits are actually quite sturdy particularly against high rolls from big guns.

Offline kutchinka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 10:48:38 pm »
armor. what items?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 10:51:52 pm »
New things like gas masks and warm clothing for cold weather, or just so you can accessorize :P

Offline kutchinka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 10:56:39 pm »
OK thx everyone that helped a lot.

Offline sectopod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2017, 06:39:04 am »
Yes. 400% is base x4. It should also be noted that resistance comes before armor but after a weapon rolls damage. So high resist, middling armor value outfits are actually quite sturdy particularly against high rolls from big guns.

this leads to the more interesting questions, why all basic outfits for the gals have 400% choking? because with these outfits, they wear this collar? is this one of dioxines phantasies? ::)

why are there so little stats available about the enemies, also after being researched? do the sky ninjas also have 400% choking? >:( does/did any enemy ever do choking damage to you? the most kinky that ever happened to me was getting whipped by a shrine maiden.
there are far too many guns in this mod.

also my gf sometimes has high resist. like against everything.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:42:20 am by sectopod »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 07:14:36 am »
Smoke damage is hardcoded to be 1-3 per turn. Hence 400% is neccessary to make the time-honored abuse of smoke camping less easy.

there are far too many not enough guns in this mod.

Here, fixed that for you. No thanks needed.

why are there so little stats available about the enemies, also after being researched articles about every fucking enemy in the game with tons of flavour?

Fixed that for you as well. Because I spent a metric fuckton of time on writing them.

Offline sectopod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 07:23:30 am »
 ;D

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 10:58:00 am »
there are far too many guns in this mod.

Most of them, suprisingly, aren't worthless ;D

Sadly some early game favourites (more due to being fun than for being effective) such as spitfire, quad launcher and blizzard launcher  never really get a later game upgrade.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 03:25:55 am »
Smoke camping is not that effective in this mod due to the abundance of thermal vision enemies. However, if I were to use it I wouldnt find it hard, because canteen of refreshment is easy to mass produce. Before I had power armour I used to bring like 60 in the dropship so I could camp the dropship in hot weather

Offline sinisteragent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2017, 04:17:01 am »
Does anyone ever use the shiv, bamboo spear, stone axe or bone club? 

Also curious about the pipe, although I occasionally find myself tooling someone up with a pipe for backup. The other four though, I've basically never used.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2017, 05:01:53 am »
I've used spear and axe some during the early game but not all that much. 

Nothing wrong with the weapons at all, but captives are just worth more to early progress.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2017, 05:37:32 am »

I can give my thumbs up for the stone axe. They came in very useful for the very early game, allowing freshly hired hands to land solid hits, even on underwater missions. I guess the same could be said for the bamboo spear in theory.

I'm not sure what niche the bone club fills, apart from being a lethal weapon to counter enemies with bad daze resistance: I'm not sure what enemies those are.

The shiv is a 1x1 item with low weight, which is about its only advantage. I think there's a new mission that forces the player to use them, but I don't know the specifics.

Offline sectopod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2017, 05:57:14 am »

Also curious about the pipe, although I occasionally find myself tooling someone up with a pipe for backup. The other four though, I've basically never used.

No I did never use them really. Tired Bamboo Spear once, before there was Spear. For me there always were superior alternatives. For me the most important thing is the acc of the melee weapon. If I run up close to an enemy, I want to be sure a gal hits when striking, not to stand in front of an enemy without or with little TU. This is even more important to me than the power bonus.

So naturally Spear with 160% acc rocks for me among the early game melee weapons. The Fuso Sword I like even more. But there is just one or so in every mission with Sky Ninjas to be looted. The Saber is great, 100% acc, decent damage and ONE-handed but also loot only. These three always hit. And can be used to make very reliable melee fighters.

And I almost forgot, the Spear does piercing damage, thus can be used to kill osiron operatives, marsec securities and lightly armored enemies in general, in 2, sometimes in one strike. If you get that close. Taking into account, that only explosives like HE-Grenades are effective against them in early game, this property of the spear is a great gain.