aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1066083 times)

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3795 on: January 30, 2024, 12:39:00 am »
Depends on difficulty but they are not as scary as people make them. Strength in numbers. Hallucinoids are considered "zombies" so they do not bleed. High resistance to stabbing, little to cutting. Do not play carefully with them. Rush them quickly with two gals against one. Whirlwind attack of barbarian sword does wonders. Anchors are good too. Use javelins to soften them a bit. Again, you want numbers and 8 gals is barely enough. It's better to use expedition if you have nothing else. But again, do not fear the jelly. Those poisonous tentacles are worth a casualty here and there.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: January 30, 2024, 01:56:30 am »
i guess you mean the "stapler"? it's an almost guaranteed drop on warehouse war missions (wrench too) - those missions unlock by building the mess hall.

yes, also looting the "excavator" ship and doing the "standed govt agent mission" are good sources.

I'd like also to ask:

1) as for the lost UAC technology, only sources are looting dark ones corpses, recovering "data reel" from uac vaults missions and  decripting data discs. There are also other sources or that is all?

2) in countless hours of playing, i never catched a guild navigator, how i do get one?

3) 8 never managed to trigger "assault on winter place "  mission, nor never engaged rcf troopers and veterans. How fo i unlock that mission?

Offline John___Doe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: January 30, 2024, 04:40:47 am »
yes, also looting the "excavator" ship and doing the "standed govt agent mission" are good sources.

I'd like also to ask:

1) as for the lost UAC technology, only sources are looting dark ones corpses, recovering "data reel" from uac vaults missions and  decripting data discs. There are also other sources or that is all?

2) in countless hours of playing, i never catched a guild navigator, how i do get one?

3) 8 never managed to trigger "assault on winter place "  mission, nor never engaged rcf troopers and veterans. How fo i unlock that mission?

1. There are a few other underground UAC missions.
2. Space freighter.
3. Complete the disruptive transmissions space mission and you will get to it eventually.

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: January 30, 2024, 07:35:14 pm »
"True sniper rifle are almost useless to warriors of Firing below criteria 75, because they use they use Firing UP 2 * 0,01"
What does UP ^ mean?

Ninja's jetbike intercepted and destroyed my Convoy vehicle. Apparently 3 rotoguns are not enough, I usually don't save scam but this! Can 14mm chaingun shoot down a jetbike? What about a light machine gun? What does it take to shoot down a jetbike?

Is it possible to use Oxygen Tank or canteen on unconscious person?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 08:27:12 pm by minimen »

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: January 30, 2024, 09:16:27 pm »
1. squared up. 75^2 = 5625. so you get 56% to hit point blank.
2. well, technically it can win, but you got unlucky with the dodge rolls on the bike.
3. yes, stand over them.

Offline Fe-li-ne

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: January 30, 2024, 10:18:21 pm »
How exactly does one get the red mage to unlock costumer:wiz biz? is it just a random event? i already got two Wasteland Sorceress events iirc, but that was like two or three ingame months ago.   

Offline John___Doe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: January 31, 2024, 02:20:03 am »
Ninja's jetbike intercepted and destroyed my Convoy vehicle. Apparently 3 rotoguns are not enough, I usually don't save scam but this! Can 14mm chaingun shoot down a jetbike? What about a light machine gun? What does it take to shoot down a jetbike?
Jetbikes are very fragile but hard to hit. Rotoguns have terrible accuracy as craft weapons and you probably didnt have your best shooters assigned as pilots.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: January 31, 2024, 02:41:33 am »
Use weapons with high to hit rate like missiles.

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: January 31, 2024, 08:03:49 am »
2. well, technically it can win, but you got unlucky with the dodge rolls on the bike.
It's 180*3 =540 bullets were fired during encounter, not a single hit. Can we call it unlucky?

3. yes, stand over them.
I tried to save "over stunned" enemy by standing over him and treating him a drink, but instead Gal downed it herself. I guess enemy units can be saved only by advanced medkit?

Use weapons with high to hit rate like missiles.
Thanks, It's worth a try. It just, for example, Spike Rocket has a hit chance of 40% but there are only few of them per weapon slot. Logically speaking Rotogun with almost two hundreds ammo per weapon slot and hitrate 20% had to have better chances to hit a target.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 08:08:39 am by minimen »

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: January 31, 2024, 09:25:25 am »
It's 180*3 =540 bullets were fired during encounter, not a single hit. Can we call it unlucky?
I don't have a complete understanding of the mechanics of craft weapon accuracy vs UFO dodge, but to my knowledge it is entirely possible you had a -% chance to hit the jetbike with a rotogun.
The rotogun has a base 20% chance to hit. This is modified by the craft bonus and whatever the pilot bonus is, let's assume +0. Jetbikes are very small UFOs so that is modified to 20*0.75 = 15%. I don't know exactly how UFO dodge works, if it's a flat reduction to the weapon accuracy or a separate roll, but I think it's a flat reduction to accuracy. Under that assumption, the jetbike's 50 dodge gives you a final accuracy of -35%. I.e. it is impossible for the rotogun to ever hit the jetbike.
I tried to save "over stunned" enemy by standing over him and treating him a drink, but instead Gal downed it herself. I guess enemy units can be saved only by advanced medkit?
The canteens can be used on unconscious enemies, but it might take a few drinks to get them out of overstun, depending on how much health they've lost and how much stun damage they have. I believe medikit targeting priority (which canteens and the like are considered as by the game) is:
1. Valid standing target the user is facing;
2. Valid unconscious target the user is standing on;
3. The user themself.
Thanks, It's worth a try. It just, for example, Spike Rocket has a hit chance of 40% but there are only few of them per weapon slot. Logically speaking Rotogun with almost two hundreds ammo per weapon slot and hitrate 20% had to have better chances to hit a target.
I think that until you can start making/finding higher tech craft weapons, one of your best options for jetbikes are Seagull missiles. They have probably the highest base accuracy (85%) that you'll see for a while, and you can just buy more as needed. They're behind Contacts: Authorized Dealers, of which the main blocker is probably Prize: Bank Favors.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 09:27:32 am by zombieguy223 »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: January 31, 2024, 03:27:38 pm »
Your assumptions about how dogfighting works is wrong.

The pilot and hull aim bonuses are flat bonuses, they are not impacted by the gun accuracy, nor the enemy size. Enemy size comes into play only when it comes to gun accuracy.

Anyway, it should be definetly possibly to nail jetbikes with a convoy with 14mm chaingun. I do it all the time, BUT the pilots have to be decently good, meaning firing over 110, iirc? Smth like that. All 4 of them.

Also, the piloting accuracy bonus can go into negative. An 80 firing , as far as I remember will not do.

As far as I remember, convoy cannot mount missiles, but you can use Rattlesnakes...though I would still go with the 14mm.

Offline BT000

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: February 01, 2024, 06:05:53 pm »
Could you teach me how to use brainers efficiently?
Captain's Log said my progress is slow.
So I want to restart and play more efficiently.
I heard about putting all brainers to one project is waste of research points, So I put brainers until progress says "Excellent".
Is this efficient way?

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: February 01, 2024, 06:27:48 pm »
Could you teach me how to use brainers efficiently?
If you do things efficiently you will be quickly promoted to Boss rank. Govt will get jealous and send enforcers your way which are not only tough but give negative score when killed. So I wonder if too much efficiency is a good thing?

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: February 01, 2024, 07:12:24 pm »
Just be ready to wrestle/wrench/stun Govt and it'll be fine. Capitalize on your melee gals. More money, more loot, no deaths, no score hit.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3809 on: February 01, 2024, 07:24:41 pm »
Or just shoot them. Yes, this will hit your Infamy, and I don't recommend harassing govt people in other situations, but if they attack your home, well, it's violence time.