aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033439 times)

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3600 on: November 21, 2022, 02:28:56 pm »
Is it possible to crash the Ninja Mobile Fortress, or they are always set to be blown to pieces?

EDIT:

The Hyper-Wave Decoder told that one of Guild Ships had a mission 'Guild Hideout'.

Does this means it creates a new Hideout, or merely supplies an existing one?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 09:47:27 am by shinr »

Offline breaker52

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: November 22, 2022, 08:19:48 pm »
in the discription for the sheperds staff it says at the bottom: 
protective gear type: Weapon
RF: cut 85/80

what does that last part mean? thanks in advanced. Using most recent version.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: November 23, 2022, 10:00:47 pm »
Resistance Factor, Increases resistance to cut damage by 85%, up to 80 minimum. Since most armors have 100 or better, effect is very weak.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: November 25, 2022, 06:51:00 pm »
Is it possible to edit code to remove lowest level of hideout defence map (tunnels with green slime)? so that the lowest level is the rooms beneath the main level.
I generally enjoy the base defence scenario, but seeking out the last few enemies who get lost in the sludge is ruining my enjoyment of it every damn time.
If removing the level is not possible, maybe I can change it's code to make it impassable terrain, so that it exists but no-one can go there?

Offline breaker52

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: November 25, 2022, 10:06:39 pm »
Resistance Factor, Increases resistance to cut damage by 85%, up to 80 minimum. Since most armors have 100 or better, effect is very weak.
Ah thanks! I just relized that today, saw something in the bootypedia about it. Something about deminishing returns though. So thats what the two values are for.

Offline breaker52

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: November 25, 2022, 11:13:05 pm »
Each time my gals show up at sight they seem to grab the same set of weapons. Never did any loadouts, but they always pick up the same things, and I always have to make them ditch the ropes and pointy sticks they want to use by default. Natrually this is tiresome, any way to fix?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: November 25, 2022, 11:31:19 pm »
Each time my gals show up at sight they seem to grab the same set of weapons. Never did any loadouts, but they always pick up the same things, and I always have to make them ditch the ropes and pointy sticks they want to use by default. Natrually this is tiresome, any way to fix?

It should be in advanced options "Disable auto-equip: YARR!"

Is it possible to edit code to remove lowest level of hideout defence map (tunnels with green slime)? so that the lowest level is the rooms beneath the main level.
I generally enjoy the base defence scenario, but seeking out the last few enemies who get lost in the sludge is ruining my enjoyment of it every damn time.
If removing the level is not possible, maybe I can change it's code to make it impassable terrain, so that it exists but no-one can go there?

It is mapping, so I don't think a simple code would do much for it. There is however ingame solution and that is building your bases smart and using smart tactics. Security corridors block sewers for example.
If most of the enemies are either dead, or stuned, after around turn 16 "bug hunt" mode should activate which shows you remaining enemies on your map (there is a special button for that map, just like in normal X-COM).

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: November 27, 2022, 07:52:28 pm »
If most of the enemies are either dead, or stuned, after around turn 16 "bug hunt" mode should activate which shows you remaining enemies on your map (there is a special button for that map, just like in normal X-COM).
What special button is it?

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: November 28, 2022, 03:12:53 am »
I know it's OpenXCom related and not mod related but....

.... I start the game and I get ALL texts outlined within boxes, its very distracting. Running the game in Linux

Ed: Like in the screenshot attached to this post
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 11:18:29 am by Fugazza »

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: November 28, 2022, 11:29:39 am »
It looks like your config has both `debug: true` and `debugUi: true` set.

You can get rid of the latter one (which shows the outlines) by pressing: CTRL + U.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: November 28, 2022, 04:55:01 pm »

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: November 28, 2022, 09:48:20 pm »
It looks like your config has both `debug: true` and `debugUi: true` set.

You can get rid of the latter one (which shows the outlines) by pressing: CTRL + U.

It was exactly that! Fixed and TYVM!  :D

Offline breaker52

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: November 29, 2022, 03:07:47 am »
So on the new faust vessel, where is the inventory kept on the vehicle? As In, if I want to pick up a new gun after I deployed, where do I find the pile of items laying on the ground?

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: November 29, 2022, 11:40:35 am »
Bottom floor, near the exit.

Offline breaker52

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: November 29, 2022, 03:18:21 pm »
So on the gyrocopter craft. in the description it says: "Can strafe" and "Turn 1/16" what do these mean exactly?