aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033798 times)

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3165 on: August 31, 2021, 06:32:44 pm »
Thanks!
Tell me what you need to do to prevent the shields from discharging themselves? I do not want to be constantly urged on by the time. Found a Rulset, what needs to be changed here?

type: STR_ENERGY_SHIELD_SMALL
    categories: [STR_BAT_CAT_ONE_HANDED, STR_BAT_CAT_STUNWEAPON, STR_BAT_CAT_SHIELD, STR_BAT_CAT_UNDERWATER, STR_BAT_CAT_0G]
    size: 0.3
    weight: 6
    costSell: 50000
    bigSprite: 1184
    floorSprite: 379
    handSprite: 1960
    meleeHitSound: 79
    meleeAnimation: 0
#this block to set shield being lost after burnout
    fuseType: 16 #set time
    isExplodingInHands: true
    isConsumable: false
    primeActionName: STR_PRIME_ENERGY_SHIELD
    primeActionMessage: STR_ENERGY_SHIELD_IS_ACTIVE_BURNOUT16
#end of block
    damageType: 6
    damageBonus:
      strength: 0.3
      melee: 0.2
    damageAlter:
      RandomType: 2
      FixRadius: 0
      IgnoreDirection: false
      ArmorEffectiveness: 1.0
      ToHealth: 0.3
      ToTile: 0.2
    accuracyMelee: 80
    meleeMultiplier:
      melee: 0.5
      bravery: 0.5
    costMelee:
      time: 12
      energy: 4
    costThrow:
      energy: 12
      time: 40
    costPrime:
      time: 20
    flatRate: true
    battleType: 3
    clipSize: -1
    experienceTrainingMode: 13
    armor: 100
    invWidth: 2
    invHeight: 2
    attraction: 12
    listOrder: 14996

(I don't have much time digging into each meaning on my own as I usually do).
Thank you.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: September 01, 2021, 11:52:34 pm »
snip
#this block to set shield being lost after burnout
    fuseType: 16 #set time
    isExplodingInHands: true
    isConsumable: false
    primeActionName: STR_PRIME_ENERGY_SHIELD
    primeActionMessage: STR_ENERGY_SHIELD_IS_ACTIVE_BURNOUT16
#end of block
snip
This block controls the decay if i understand the comments rightly.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: September 03, 2021, 12:33:21 am »
Hi I have a few questions:

I have a reduced difficulty mod on the mod.io platform which should work with version L10.3 (but dunno about version M). Its called "Nerfed".

But yeah the Eridian Terror missions are supposed to really bite you, hence the 2000 points penalty if you dont go to them. I suggest going to the missions wearing as many Heavy Suit / Power Armor as possible and kill as many enemies as you feel comfortable with, and then Abort. You will get like -800 points or something nasty like that but thats a full 1200 points better than not going, and if you do fine at everything else this probably wont bother you much.

These armor options should prevent most of what the snakemen shoot at you. And if you want to Abort I suggest doing it before the map totally fogs up from the gas munitions. There will be Chrysallids in the fog.

The Motion Scanner (Aye Phone/Dog) functionality was always a nod to the Motion Tracker in the "Aliens" movies. To show only unfriendly units wait until the start of a new turn and do not move any of your units. Pull out your Aye-Phones and check them, all motion blobs are NPCs either badguys or civilians.
This is balanced because it provides you a return on whether there is any Movement going on in a given map area where you may be wondering if it had been cleared or not.

Oddly it doesn't register Berserking units which are opening fire but not actually moving laterally.

It also does not show Vertical orientation which is a nod to the original "Alien" movie where the captain was killed because of misjudging which floor the Alien was actually on. This can be a real pain on Mansion Robbery missions but at least you can know if there's enemy units there (who could even be in the basement).

The burnout times for the handheld shields are a game balance thingy to encourage using the Armor versions which require wearing a dedicated suit. But the Armor versions regenerate.

One goal of the game is to get you to finish missions very fast - within 8 Turns - so if it takes longer than that (a bughunt) you actually lose more than just handheld shields. You lose some of the Glamour rewards too because Glamour is a map item which often has fuse timers as well.

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: September 04, 2021, 12:25:23 am »
It says in the patch notes there are like over 12 new missions, but I'm now nearing end of first year and haven't seen anything new. When do they start appearing? Or maybe they have a trigger that I've missed like some research or something?

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: September 04, 2021, 01:20:08 am »
I like that you added a little from the Fallout universe, I saw when studying power armor a picture from a fallout, but not power armor from this game. Can you add a power game with a fallout or is there a mod for that? I would be very grateful.

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: September 04, 2021, 08:10:11 pm »
Early on, I keep encountering a brown ship that engages in an unavoidable "ramming" maneuver against my puny airbus. The ramming is inescapable and results in the complete destruction of every hand and equipment on the ship. There doesn't seem to be a way to know exactly what ship does this. Is this really intended behavior or is this a bug? How would someone playing on Ironman supposed to identify and deal with this?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: September 04, 2021, 11:44:16 pm »
Avoid ships that have a circle around them. And while the equipment is lost, your hands are not, but they need a couple days to get home. I think.

Offline magitsu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: September 05, 2021, 02:31:39 pm »
Is the Air Car Race victory mission supposed to spawn Bystanders? I just got 714 points total due to 14 of them (+550) on top of the usual 150 + 10 Academy Student capped.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: September 05, 2021, 10:02:10 pm »
yes, its intended, thou it sounds like you got rather lucky with how many.

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: September 06, 2021, 04:23:57 pm »
Started a new game to try the new patch, and on the easiest difficulty, ntoiced i got a message about the difficulty level being limited in content, anyone know what you are missing out on? Not sure if i should restart or not.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: September 06, 2021, 08:31:37 pm »
The lowest difficulty cuts-out a lot of the voodoo tech, and I believe you loose some armour-types as well although I'm not certain of that because I didn;t get that far before I discovered the voodoo thing and started a new game on John Silver.

You don't need to start again though, just edit the difficulty in your saved game from '0' to '1'.  Another thing I didn't learn you could do until after I'd started again!

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: September 06, 2021, 10:15:47 pm »
Thanks Jimboman

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: September 08, 2021, 07:29:48 pm »
Avoid ships that have a circle around them. And while the equipment is lost, your hands are not, but they need a couple days to get home. I think.

Is this hinted at anywhere? Curious because it seems like a catastrophic event anyone could accidentally run into.

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: September 15, 2021, 12:53:02 pm »
Is there any point in keeping hunting party around after doing all primal hunts? It appears they are all one time missions.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: September 16, 2021, 09:33:16 pm »
hunting part is immune to interception so if there are still ninja bases around it might be handy.