aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033785 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2805 on: February 20, 2021, 10:37:18 pm »
Your missing haveing the right type of craft to go to Cydonia. Like in vanilla where only the avenger could do the mission. here you need either the Zubrin(shit low tech rocket that seats 8) or the Conqueror that holds 36.

To find out what unlocks your missing to build them hit Q on geoscape and bring of the tech tree viewer and search for those craft and work backwards till you find what your missing. Mind that it could just be not having the correct buildings built, some tech need certain buildings to unlock critical gates.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 11:00:27 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 21, 2021, 09:15:17 am »
Why do my dudes dies in Zubrin? Is there a way to avoid it?

I got the ship and some random amount of people dies when it lands. My favourite is when last one survives and the ship explodes. It also has "Universe respects only strenght" card in it.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 21, 2021, 11:28:16 am »
I DIDITDIDIT YEEEEHAAWWW!
ATTN all my Shoot-the-Big-Fat-Ones-Down bros and siss's here.
Ascolta bene, per favore.
I've shot down a BATTLESHIP! Like this:
Spoiler:
A Shark Jetbike to draw its attention, piloted by the best reactions gal. This one attacked first. Then I've sent my Drakkar with all Medusas, and two Whalers with all Fusion Balls.
The Battletrashcan fell flat on its fancy-schmancy fat armored ass. And the LOOOOOT. YUUUMMYYY!! Of course, the fight was very hard. The kind you expect from the crew. All that lasery-phasery roasty-toasty, kaBOOMbo- wa-DOOMbo stuff. DON'T think ya aint gonna have casualties when fighting these, ppl. And it was only the Academy. I am looking forward to some Mercs laden B-Ship... Oh, boy...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:45:36 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Gals

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 21, 2021, 12:29:39 pm »
Your missing haveing the right type of craft to go to Cydonia. Like in vanilla where only the avenger could do the mission. here you need either the Zubrin(shit low tech rocket that seats 8) or the Conqueror that holds 36.

To find out what unlocks your missing to build them hit Q on geoscape and bring of the tech tree viewer and search for those craft and work backwards till you find what your missing. Mind that it could just be not having the correct buildings built, some tech need certain buildings to unlock critical gates.

Many thanks, I tried that (it isn't an area of interface I'd been able to work out). It says I have 76% research done.

There were two items under Mars Attack Vessel that were in red (which I think implies I haven't researched them).

The first was Mars Lander - but, weirdly, when I click on that all the dependencies are purple, implying I have researched them all. So no idea why the heading isn't done (maybe I misunderstood the interface)? So maybe there is something I need to do there.

The second is Warp Drive - which says I haven't completed Other Dimensions. When I click on that it suggests I haven't done Imp Corpse (but I am pretty sure I remember doing autopsies on them, they are really common, but I can double check that). The other thing it says I need is a Cacodemon Corpse. Where are they? I have fought the Doom monsters lots of times - in farms, in Terror missions, and following Imperial Probes to their bases, but I have never encountered a Cacodemon. Is it just a super rare occurrence? Thanks!

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 21, 2021, 01:04:50 pm »
Why do my dudes dies in Zubrin? Is there a way to avoid it?

I got the ship and some random amount of people dies when it lands. My favourite is when last one survives and the ship explodes. It also has "Universe respects only strenght" card in it.

It the nature of the ship, shit poor space ship kills passengers. It's not really meant to be the optimal way you end the game or something you take to normal missions. It's a speed run tool, since it allows you to skip higher studies and still do the final mission.

Many thanks, I tried that (it isn't an area of interface I'd been able to work out). It says I have 76% research done.

There were two items under Mars Attack Vessel that were in red (which I think implies I haven't researched them).

The first was Mars Lander - but, weirdly, when I click on that all the dependencies are purple, implying I have researched them all. So no idea why the heading isn't done (maybe I misunderstood the interface)? So maybe there is something I need to do there.

The second is Warp Drive - which says I haven't completed Other Dimensions. When I click on that it suggests I haven't done Imp Corpse (but I am pretty sure I remember doing autopsies on them, they are really common, but I can double check that). The other thing it says I need is a Cacodemon Corpse. Where are they? I have fought the Doom monsters lots of times - in farms, in Terror missions, and following Imperial Probes to their bases, but I have never encountered a Cacodemon. Is it just a super rare occurrence? Thanks!

Not sure about mars lander without more info, screenshots or just the save would help.

As to cacodeamons, 2 of the imperial probes landed missions have them, also B rank wiz biz bounty has them too. Probably some others i can't recall, but those for sure

Offline Gals

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 21, 2021, 01:12:32 pm »
Not sure about mars lander without more info, screenshots or just the save would help.

As to cacodeamons, 2 of the imperial probes landed missions have them, also B rank wiz biz bounty has them too. Probably some others i can't recall, but those for sure

Thanks! Maybe I don't need the Mars Lander bit (especially as I have everything to build a Conqueror once I "discover" it). I'll follow all Imperial Probes and do all those missions again and see if I can find a Cacodemon. I'm not sure what the B wiz biz is (I don't seem to get any more bounty missions so maybe have unlocked them all - the only one with a wizard mentioned I think is Escape Tower, where I have to blow open a shuttle full of enemies at the top of a tower?)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: February 21, 2021, 01:50:03 pm »
one of the B rank wiz biz bounty is a deamon tower, with at least one caco, and a hell baron.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: February 21, 2021, 07:04:31 pm »
Arcane tomes are a really good source of dark ones and zombie tech if you just need to fill in some gaps.  50 wiz tokens isn't much, one liber occultus will get you 10 of 'em.

Noted:  If you're playing captain kidd/ don't have voodoo you won't get wiz biz in your game at all.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:07:53 pm by Greep »

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: February 22, 2021, 10:44:20 am »
I don't get Dr.X graviball invite anymore. Is it finite? Is there a way for me to spawn it?

It did appear before, but I had no decent stat girl to win it.

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: February 22, 2021, 11:47:52 am »
According to bootypedia I seem to research everything for the Conqueror. But I don't have the "Mars Attack Vessel" availible. Is there something I have to do to get the research?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: February 22, 2021, 03:41:07 pm »
I don't get Dr.X graviball invite anymore. Is it finite? Is there a way for me to spawn it?

It did appear before, but I had no decent stat girl to win it.

It spawns 3 times, after that your out of luck unless you cheat it in.

According to bootypedia I seem to research everything for the Conqueror. But I don't have the "Mars Attack Vessel" available. Is there something I have to do to get the research?
Please don't double post, the forum has an edit button. As to why you don't have mars vessel as a topic, i will need more info to say why. Please post a save.

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: February 22, 2021, 06:34:33 pm »
It spawns 3 times, after that your out of luck unless you cheat it in.
Please don't double post, the forum has an edit button. As to why you don't have mars vessel as a topic, i will need more info to say why. Please post a save.

I play on version .1a1l on my phone with android. So, I just inspect my game by version .k2 and it gave me the ability to research the ship and "Martyrdom". I guess it was a version issue or something. Maybe the Conqueror was not availible in my old game install.

Here is the save
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:42:50 pm by BlorkTheOrk »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: February 22, 2021, 07:45:11 pm »
Zoom, 88 miles per hour, time travel.
Why does it do this streaking pattern and doesn't hit everything in the radius necessarily?

(in other news figured out higher studies needed a computer core, and its only on my auxiliary research base that only has 12 brainers. I started it not knowing it was that extreme of a research cost)

Does the Zubrin actually kill your interlopers itself? Or is it just the Aura stuff on cydonia that you're not shielding properly against (a morale only effect I believe?)

Also anyone have an interest in a shotgun rebalancing mod?
Would narrow the blast and reduce total damage, make them less of a "you use this tool" type of weapon. Just irks me IRL the spread of a shotgun is really small and you actually need to aim the thing.

Just in general I really hate rock-paper-scissors dynamics like C&C3 where its literally the only ways to take things down. I like resistances and stuff but it should only hint at what you should do and not force it.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: February 22, 2021, 08:23:43 pm »
"set on fire threshold" for a weapon sets at what damage roll fire is made.  This basically confirms that every tile a separate damage roll is made for an explosion, and some of them don't hit the fire limit.

Harzarding a guess: the zigzag effect is caused by the ice floor tiles being hard to set on fire or something since you're setting those on fire less.  Totally wild guess, though.

For some, the threshold is low, so you'll basically always see it with fire bombs/willie pete

Re: shotguns.  Honestly they're only uberpowered early game anyways.  Plenty of things deal large amounts of damage to softies later by back to school or with high experience gals (ninja stars, e-pulse, slayer (although who even makes slayer bullets) etc).  Also what would peasants even use if the shotgun required aiming? XD  Besides:  The mod follows anime rules more than IRL rules :P

Edit: nvm on the fire thing, I've no idea.  I'm assuming those are hell mortars in which case it should set everything on fire :/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 08:41:46 pm by Greep »

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: February 22, 2021, 09:48:43 pm »

Also anyone have an interest in a shotgun rebalancing mod?
Would narrow the blast and reduce total damage, make them less of a "you use this tool" type of weapon. Just irks me IRL the spread of a shotgun is really small and you actually need to aim the thing.

Are you asking about nerfing them or buff them? I am using shotguns on pretty much any stage of the game? Flachette Multicanon probably will be my Mars waifu when I get there.

About Zubrin: it kills your dudes at random because its supposed to be bad. It is possible to lose nobody after some amount of rerols. There is other ship which is way better in game.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 10:01:26 pm by BlorkTheOrk »