Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1055532 times)

Offline Kevlar Bullfrog

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2355 on: June 19, 2020, 11:46:51 am »
You don't, at least not with the hit log. Shields will lose health with any hit, but the hit log only records damage to unit HP. As to the types of damage that are most effective there are pedia pages for each type. If your really interested and don't mind the spoiler let me know via PM.

Thanks, good to know my shots are doing something.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: June 19, 2020, 01:24:46 pm »
Can someone tell me more about the... Deep Ones Eliminator? The stuff I need 250 Deep Ones Corpses for?

xcomfan

« Reply #2357 on: June 19, 2020, 01:32:59 pm »
Can someone tell me more about the... Deep Ones Eliminator? The stuff I need 250 Deep Ones Corpses for?

It's Deep One Destroyer if i remember well, i think it's a goblin zaxx bounty prize, at leadt 300 or more corpses are needed.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 01:48:15 pm by xcomfan »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: June 20, 2020, 12:17:25 am »
Hey, guys,

it`s 2 years, since I played and finished Piratez last time.

I completely forgot, how to find out, what`s the correct ammunition of a weapon. Could someone please help me out?

Offline stax77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: June 20, 2020, 09:27:57 am »
Hey, guys,

it`s 2 years, since I played and finished Piratez last time.

I completely forgot, how to find out, what`s the correct ammunition of a weapon. Could someone please help me out?

When buying from a store, the correct ammo is one line below the weapon(same when loading a craft). When you find it on the field, it is usually loaded so you can just look at the clip in the inventory.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: June 20, 2020, 01:42:59 pm »
When buying from a store, the correct ammo is one line below the weapon(same when loading a craft). When you find it on the field, it is usually loaded so you can just look at the clip in the inventory.

Thanks, I remember, that was one possibility, yes. But iirc, there was one way more, about a screen showing some statistics about that weapon. You know, what I mean?

And some weapons shared ammo, I think: How do you know, "that" ammo is for weapon 1 + 2?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 01:44:57 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline stax77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: June 20, 2020, 02:10:34 pm »
Thanks, I remember, that was one possibility, yes. But iirc, there was one way more, about a screen showing some statistics about that weapon. You know, what I mean?

And some weapons shared ammo, I think: How do you know, "that" ammo is for weapon 1 + 2?

Ah i see. Weapon info is accessed through clicking it with the middle mouse button(at least i think that's the default) on the craft equip screen.

Also, if weapons share ammo, they are grouped together on craft equip screen followed by the ammo, for example

Scorpion SMG
Lynx SMG
    Scorpion clip/API

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: June 20, 2020, 04:34:53 pm »
Scorpion SMG
Lynx SMG
    Scorpion clip/API

Exactly. But then you must be lucky to have at least ONE Scorpion Clip to have it displayed. Or you won`t know, what Ammo type to get.

But I will experiment with middle mouse button and see what I can :-)

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: June 20, 2020, 05:35:34 pm »
But iirc, there was one way more, about a screen showing some statistics about that weapon. You know, what I mean?

You are probably thinking of the bootypedia page for that weapon which will show the ammo it uses.  But if you haven't researched the weapon yet, this won't be available.  Many of the weapons, especially lower tiers, you will still be able to use without researching.  It's just that the weapon statistics aren't available until researched.

Edit:  --- Double post prevented ---

How do you know if you're doing damage to shields? And what are the best weapons for getting through them?

To expand a bit on Legionof1's answer:
Unlike armor, shields will always take damage from hits unless it is a damage type that ignores or passes straight through shields.  Shields resistance varies with damage type.  Damage types which pass straight through the shield will not drain it and will hit the armor as if the unit had no shield.   Most shields will regenerate each turn if not at full strength.  Typically shown in bootypedia as a shield type which defines how well it protects (if any) against each damage type followed by full strength value/regenerate value.  For example 150/50 will absorb 150 points damage assuming 100% resistance level before being drained and will regenerate 50 points each turn until fully recharged at 150.  So long as shield resistance level isn't 0%, the shield will take damage from hits.  This means that even low power weapons that couldn't penetrate a unit's armor but generate a lot of hits per firing may rapidly drain the unit's shields.  Once the shield is down, you will not see the periodic shield flash animation.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:45:58 pm by Rubber Cannonball »

Offline ZephyrWindstar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: June 22, 2020, 10:36:36 pm »
I'm having some difficulty progressing. Got all the way up to Harbinger armour, running around with five bases and can bring down Marsec Vipers with a little planning, but I'm stuck unable to research things.

A couple of questions:
Voodoo Initiation, how where why when?

Scented Messages, same as above.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: June 22, 2020, 11:00:45 pm »
What difficulty are you playing at?  The easiest one locks out a few things, Voodoo being one of them.

Edit

If there are problems beyond that, or if that isn't a problem, I'm not really equipped to answer, but that is a common one.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 11:05:46 pm by khade »

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: June 22, 2020, 11:42:16 pm »
It's based on events now which means it's very easy for voodoo initiation to take a while.

Offline Nefandi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: June 23, 2020, 09:27:15 am »
Does anyone know where to get an EM Jammer? I'm up to the endgame on a gold codex run and have done almost every mission, but the space freighter raid.

Offline FiendishDrWu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: June 23, 2020, 05:56:17 pm »
I seem to recall getting an EM Jammer from a landed Humanist ship I assaulted.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: June 24, 2020, 12:56:12 pm »
Does anyone know where to get an EM Jammer? I'm up to the endgame on a gold codex run and have done almost every mission, but the space freighter raid.

You get Shadowtech (the Jammer, Orbs...) as your loot on your missions, so don't NUKE/Plasma a ship too much - always QS before you do. ONE plasma/nuke usually evaporates (a portion of ) the enemy ship's bulkhead (outer wall). Another hit would go INTO the ship, very probably destroying (a part of) the loot inside. I KNOW, it's a great feeling to go Sado on the enemy, but the LOOT is so important for your Research. NUKEM outside of the ship.