aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034192 times)

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2310 on: May 31, 2020, 10:11:55 pm »
But there is a research topic that will put end to the zero tolerance missions eventually.

So I need to rush that tech. Thanks.

BTW can someone tell me the name of that tech?

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 31, 2020, 10:18:04 pm »
"Zero Tolerance to Zero Tolerance"

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: June 05, 2020, 02:30:13 pm »
When intercepting a radar equipped ship, enter their range and lurk them, staying in their radar radar range, to the place where you wanna fight. Anchor and wait. This way ya can chose desert, jungle...

Offline trucane

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: June 06, 2020, 01:03:01 am »
How the heck do you deal with the "Zombie Panic" mission?

Been tearing my hair off with this mission several times.
The pyramid obelisks wreck me and seem to take insane punishment and the ever spawning hoards of zombies keep doing me in.

What am I missing?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: June 06, 2020, 03:40:09 am »
How the heck do you deal with the "Zombie Panic" mission?

Been tearing my hair off with this mission several times.
The pyramid obelisks wreck me and seem to take insane punishment and the ever spawning hoards of zombies keep doing me in.

What am I missing?

The pyramids are are very resistant to most types of damage, your best bet is chem, laser, and plasma weapons. Also bring as much powerful aoe as you can. Things like acid cannonballs do both.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: June 06, 2020, 10:10:01 am »
Last time I played it they were still spawing after destroying the portals, but maybe less? Those things are made out of high grade explodium, so be careful. I had a Thunderhorse by the time I got that mission, so I had a lot of gals, and it still took about 1 1/2 turns to kill a pyramid thingy (they weren't all in one place, of course.
I am not sure if melee works but I had some of my gals working on them with their swords.

Offline trucane

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: June 06, 2020, 07:26:56 pm »
Last time I played it they were still spawing after destroying the portals, but maybe less? Those things are made out of high grade explodium, so be careful. I had a Thunderhorse by the time I got that mission, so I had a lot of gals, and it still took about 1 1/2 turns to kill a pyramid thingy (they weren't all in one place, of course.
I am not sure if melee works but I had some of my gals working on them with their swords.

Thanks! I guess I'm gonna wait a little bit longer with it since It's honestly the most infuriating mission I've encountered so far.

Offline trucane

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: June 06, 2020, 07:31:59 pm »
One more quicky if anyone is willing to help. Where can I get my hands on a smuggler negotiator?

I thought I could find one in a smuggling lair but already done two of those without any success. Maybe I've just been unlucky?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: June 07, 2020, 12:58:09 am »
Maybe you just shot them with reactionshots? They look like Leia. They aren't very beefy.

They are mentioned in the description of the mission though, so maybe it is not the correct one? I am not sure about the mission name, smuggler hideout/lair, whatever. They also have a golden saint.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: June 07, 2020, 10:19:39 am »
Did my 1st Zombie Panic yesterday. Pyramids are acidable, yessir. Wanted to ask, what type of weapon do they sport? Still they shoot like a drunken Zulu from the 19th CCE.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: June 09, 2020, 12:57:03 pm »
Make sure you KEEP at least some from your original crew, because
Spoiler:
when Dr X challenges you, only such a gal can go kick her ass.

Regarding Dr X:
Spoiler:
If ya wanna Biotech Lab, then HIRE Dr X, which you WILL NOT regret, and  DO NOT loot her SPECTOR car. You will need Dr X (hired) and her car for your Biotech. I realized that only after ordering the Runts to butcher the car and now I'm returning some 10 in-game days to make it up. So wut?

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: June 09, 2020, 05:21:57 pm »
There is also this thread discussing the choices with Dr. X:  https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6409.msg99000.html#msg99000

It will get out of date as more content gets added by Dioxine.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: June 10, 2020, 01:54:54 am »
Have there been changes to how one gets access to the Ye Olde Magic Shop? The tech tree viewer says I'm missing "VooDoo: Initiation" but I don't see any way to research that topic.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: June 10, 2020, 10:33:27 am »
This comes from the random event chain (wasteland priestess and others). They have a large chance of firing each month so shouldn't be long till you have access. You might check your savegame if the event is scheduled already. I can't give you the names off the top of my head, but it will be named something obvious.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: June 10, 2020, 04:39:03 pm »
I will also point out that the event chain will not fire on lowest difficulty. You can still win the campaign but lots of options are blocked off.