aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034937 times)

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2295 on: May 17, 2020, 01:18:47 am »
what's the recommended strat for taking down the ninja seeker ship?
four gauss cannons on a barracuda seem too much....

I think that should work.  IIRC, I used a barracuda with 4 lascannons.  But sometimes the ninja seeker fights to the death instead of crash landing at greater than 50% damage.  In general so long as you aren't blowing a ship up on the first couple of hits, your weapons aren't too OP for that ship.  Also, I don't think save scumming works to try to crash it instead of blowing it up just in case you might have tried that.

Now for my question:
 Can the spector do any mission that the starting airbus could do?  I still have the airbus gathering dust in a spare hanger but can build the spector.  I'm assuming I can sell the airbus and replace it with the spector without having future mission problems.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: May 17, 2020, 02:35:51 am »
It can do everything that airbus can, and even has "sea" tag on top.
Albeit the only mission where airbus/spector is the top ship is prison of dr.x, which you already did to get it.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: May 17, 2020, 03:10:21 pm »
I think that should work.

well, it didn't :(

But sometimes the ninja seeker fights to the death instead of crash landing at greater than 50% damage.

okay that's annoying. nobody likes suicide girls.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: May 17, 2020, 11:53:45 pm »
Just let the ship retreat for a few seconds then engage it again, that will make it stop fighting to the death.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: May 19, 2020, 10:01:21 pm »
Just let the ship retreat for a few seconds then engage it again, that will make it stop fighting to the death.

I didn't realize they retreated.  Or do you mean the player, using a faster ship, has to disengage after damaging the seeker, and then reintercept and finish it off if it isn't in hunter killer mode?

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: May 19, 2020, 10:46:24 pm »
When a ship is a hunter-killer, send a faster ship after it, fight it for a while, then once it gets low, most HK's will start trying to get away(you can tell by a "Them Scurvy dogs trying to get away") in the bottom of the intercept screen where hits appear.

Let them run away out of the intercept window, that makes them stop being a Hunter-killer and engage them again, after that they'll crash normally.

By the way, other people have found that you don't even have to leave the interception window, but to be certain, I recommend that you do.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:50:02 pm by vadracas »

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: May 23, 2020, 02:27:42 am »
Can you unload the exterminator's autocannon? I couldn't figure out how, though there might be something I was overlooking.

Offline CPLT-K2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: May 23, 2020, 10:12:15 am »
Shift+LMB.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: May 24, 2020, 05:34:07 pm »
Will an enemy ship destroy my Spy Zeppelin if the SZ is only anchored?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: May 24, 2020, 07:52:21 pm »
hunter killers will go after them. and usually quite effectively since the zep is both slow and weak in Air to air combat.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: May 24, 2020, 09:06:16 pm »
I think that should work.  IIRC, I used a barracuda with 4 lascannons.  But sometimes the ninja seeker fights to the death instead of crash landing at greater than 50% damage.  In general so long as you aren't blowing a ship up on the first couple of hits, your weapons aren't too OP for that ship.  Also, I don't think save scumming works to try to crash it instead of blowing it up just in case you might have tried that.

Now for my question:
 Can the spector do any mission that the starting airbus could do?  I still have the airbus gathering dust in a spare hanger but can build the spector.  I'm assuming I can sell the airbus and replace it with the spector without having future mission problems.

Aye you can - the spector is a beautiful craft.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 31, 2020, 02:31:45 pm »
Every time I go at a Science Ship with a twin Tesla cannons, it gets blown to pieces. What do I do?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: May 31, 2020, 08:47:04 pm »
Unless things have changed in the newer versions, tesla cannons should be fine.  If the ship was in hunter killer mode, read vadracas post (about 7 posts above) and try his approach.

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 31, 2020, 09:18:39 pm »
Is there any way to regain founding form states that cut me of by adopting zero tolerance policy?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: May 31, 2020, 10:04:17 pm »
I don't think so, short of hacking your savefile of course.  But there is a research topic that will put end to the zero tolerance missions eventually.