aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1056931 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2190 on: March 02, 2020, 03:19:46 pm »
The fuego isn't the best in the early game due to the weapons slots. Missiles are expensive early game, and your unlikely to have a heavy besides the flame cannon, which has it's own issues in the early game.

Until you have more choices for the slots it will be of limited value in the air. It is however a decent transport with 12 slots, HWP and aux options. It does take some getting used to the menace class semi open floor plan, but it is not nearly as bad as say the skyranger.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 02, 2020, 10:13:38 pm »
Well, it feels like transport-wise its like a mix between the turtle and shadowbat but not as good as either, although it is fast.  I think I'll just go with my gut and sell it then, seems to not have any dire consequences.

Thinking about it more:  could be useful for landed ships, since shadowbat is slow and doesn't have an aux slot.  But honestly landed mediums are pretty terrifying at this point anyways.  Gold is all about bling anyways, building a giant, unique menacing ship and just cashing in feels appropriate :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:49:01 pm by Greep »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 02, 2020, 11:09:25 pm »
I like the Fuego as a secondary troop transport, because of the speed. I have a turtle in the same base for dangerous missions where I want to have a door. If the mission does not need doors or I don't get the craft on battlescape anyway (bandit caves for example), I rather send the Fuego.
I have one loadout of items that I switch between Fuego and turtle (F5 to save, F9 to load, x to empty everything). I have lots of toys that I only have a limited amount of, so I rather have them come back to base fast if possible (armours most of all). You never know when the next difficult mission pops up. So yeah, the Fuego is great to keep readyness up. Put in a different way, it allows you to send valuable equipment on less dangerous missions. No need to wait for the slow turtle to come back to base. Of course, the Shadowbat can be used in a similar fashion, just with less speed and 3 less hands that get xp.
Other than that, the Fuego is a good interceptor because of the speed. Saves you hangar space if you want to have interceptor and troop transport in the same base. Damage output of the Fuego becomes beastly once you have naval gun bounty prize unlocked. Important to note is that I have naval gun unlocked but not yet researched the swordfish, so the Fuego is my best ship for the naval guns at the moment.

Is 300K upkeep that much money to you that you would sell it just because of that? That's only the profit of one average mission. I would think if that amount of money is a concern, you built the Fuego too early.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:11:29 pm by Eddie »

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 02, 2020, 11:42:17 pm »
Yeah I think I'd keep it if it was even slightly better, like a single soldier more, I'd keep it.  I just like the money more atm.  I guess it doesn't help that I just unlocked decoders, so selling the thing gets me another hyperwave up and running xD

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 03, 2020, 07:50:42 am »
The menace class are good tanks as well, I still use mine in the endgame, because it is not as slow as something like a kraken.
A Menace with 3 Interceptors can down pretty much everything.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 03, 2020, 06:21:20 pm »
Out of the menace class ships, the red codex one is the only one that stands out combat wise, all others are better used as troop transports, with the best dedicated transport being the bonaventura, followed closely by the fortuna, being the only one that can go out into space. The El Fuego is far from useless in combat though, but its very maintenance intensive due to missile slots and helerium for both fuel and ammo for the flame cannon, so until you have the dosh to finance it, its best to relegate it to troop transport duty.

The hawk is a pretty decent interceptor if you use a skilled pilot and mount the flame cannon on it, though, people just never use it for that because the hawk is so goddamn expensive and because of the risk of losing the flame canon. It can chase down and destroy pretty much any fast non hunter-killer ships, though. You can kind of offset part of all that expensive maintenance with the turtle, which is battery powered (AFAIK), can go underwater, and is a pretty damn good transport.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:23:25 pm by Dakkdakk »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 03, 2020, 09:58:33 pm »
Oh, I forgot the shadowtech slot on the Fuego. That makes the Fuego the best weapon plattform of the gold codex. All top tier aircraft weapons are heavy. The shadowtech slot can give you massive shield and speed boosts. The menace class is the only hellerium fueled craft that has a shadowtech slot.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 05, 2020, 06:50:44 pm »
Can I actually use the Magical Girl myself if I revive her? Or is that just so I could interrogate her?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 06, 2020, 05:56:39 am »
magical girls are not hireable units. They are however components to certain outfits. Also can be rendered into healing cake.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 06, 2020, 02:17:15 pm »
Thanks.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 07, 2020, 10:51:48 pm »
Is the armor reduction from chem affected by chem resistance or existing armor?  Was wondering if I'd be wasting my time using shotgun chem rounds/toxigun on power armor and tanks or not. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:26:05 pm by Greep »

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 08, 2020, 11:09:59 am »
In short, yes. Here's how damage is resolved, to my knowledge:

1. Check for shields - if there's a shield up and it can absorb the damage type, multiply by shield's resistance and reduce shield strength by damage number. If there's more damage than shields left, continue
2. Apply percentage damage resistance from armor and protective accessories. Things that apply like Lobstermen benefit a lot here which is why they're so tough in TFTD.
3. If weapon has a 'ToArmorPre' value, like chem or plasma, damage armor by remaining damage * ToArmorPre
4. Multiply defender's effective armor strength by attackers armor effectiveness. For example, 60 armor is effectively ~40 armor against lasers.
5. Subtract effective armor from damage. Continue if remaining damage > 0
6. If there's damage left, subtract from HP and apply secondary damage - stun damage from system shock, morale damage, additional armor damage, if net damage is above set-on-fire threshold set defender on fire
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 09:45:14 am by Torchwood »

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 08, 2020, 12:59:48 pm »
That makes a lot of sense.  So the chem resistance percentage is effectively their corrosion resistance, but the flat armor value has no effect.  So pretty effective against most power armor but not so much against a tank.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 08, 2020, 02:02:07 pm »
5 should be the other way round, I think. :D

For fun I attacked the humanist battle tank with chem loaded deathblossoms. It works ( I checked with ... well the thing you can check enemies with, I forgot the name), but it takes a while.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 09, 2020, 12:59:20 am »
Yeah i think torchwood just made a typo. Subtract remaining armor from damage.