aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033811 times)

Offline TTRTT

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1935 on: September 24, 2019, 02:42:51 am »
Need help form my melee fighters.

My best fighter always used fuso sword since the first month in my current playthrough. I got lucky and got it from a sky ninja but it took a while before I could buy them.

Now I'm 3 years later fighting enemies much stronger and the fuso sword just doesnt cut it anymore, specially against tanks and highly armoured enemies. Any refommendation for melee weapons I should have mid-game ?

On the same topic, I'm still using stun sticks to try to capture high rank enemies. I mostly rely on luck to knock them inconscious and I heal them before they bleed out, but Commando Captains still melee after rising up and I have a hard time stunning star gods or guildmaster. What do you guys use to capture enemies ? I cant always rely on luck and wont do F5/F9 to capture.

Thanks !

Offline Gyvon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: September 24, 2019, 06:02:52 am »
For Melee, look up what it takes to unlock the Vibro-Sword.  It does a bit less damage , but it ignores 30% armor, whereas the Fuso sword is hindered by armor.  It's also a one-handed weapon so you could use a pistol as well.

Alternatively, you could farm Academy Espers for Medical Slicers.  It does laser damage.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 24, 2019, 10:33:18 am »
Need help form my melee fighters.

My best fighter always used fuso sword since the first month in my current playthrough. I got lucky and got it from a sky ninja but it took a while before I could buy them.

Now I'm 3 years later fighting enemies much stronger and the fuso sword just doesnt cut it anymore, specially against tanks and highly armoured enemies. Any refommendation for melee weapons I should have mid-game ?

On the same topic, I'm still using stun sticks to try to capture high rank enemies. I mostly rely on luck to knock them inconscious and I heal them before they bleed out, but Commando Captains still melee after rising up and I have a hard time stunning star gods or guildmaster. What do you guys use to capture enemies ? I cant always rely on luck and wont do F5/F9 to capture.

Thanks !

What I recommend instead is to read bootypedia ASAP. Read everything as you clearly didn't noticed that Fuso Sword sucks at beating armor and it doesn't take strenght into power bonus.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1938 on: September 24, 2019, 03:06:39 pm »
If you like swords, get the Electro Sword. Or if you don't have it, a Tech Blade (not Tech Cleaver).

Offline TTRTT

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 24, 2019, 09:25:41 pm »
If you like swords, get the Electro Sword. Or if you don't have it, a Tech Blade (not Tech Cleaver).

I just unlocked last night that research. Cant wait to try it out.

What do you guys use to capture enemies mid game ?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #1940 on: September 24, 2019, 09:55:07 pm »
^^ ..that magic-tech blacky staff ~~ Impaler rod

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: September 24, 2019, 10:35:01 pm »
In my current campaign, for melee, IIRC nothing beats the Vibro Axe. If something compact is needed, then the shockafist is very useful.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: October 02, 2019, 03:57:25 am »
Vibro axe is good one size fits all solution. Not super weighty for its power, armor shred and ignore, and 3x1 in inventory is easy to manage. Downside it is reasonably deep in the tree, and to a great degree the engine mechanics allow you to get by on raw power in many situations.

Offline esto7

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: October 02, 2019, 11:10:38 am »
Hi gals. I have some Questionsss

1. I can't shoot science Vessel down. I already have nightmare and avalanche missiles, but They never work... I also have medusas, but It's too weak to break shields. Any solutions for them?

2. Narlocks are just planned features? I read articles about narlock and Jill, but I can't fight with them right?

3. Best armor in this game is harbinger? But It can't protect me from stargod...

4. Gals can't be immune from Stargod's MC? It's too powerful and Stargods are toooo many. I have to make a team of Syn or another soulutions?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: October 02, 2019, 09:27:40 pm »
1) try to use more than 1 craft to fight it. Bring up to 4 at once and throw your mightiest guns at it.
2) Planned and/or just fluff.
3) "Best" armor is Annihilator. Harbinger tends to have the largest armor-value but it's very vurnable to piercing (110%).
4) Your units are not immune to MC but they can become very "resistant" to it if you train voodoo-skill and bring only gals with high voodoo-power (a skill you cannot improve).

Voodoo-defence is calculated by voodoo-power and voodoo-skill, the power of the voodoo-attack and the distance between caster and target.
Bring cake to cure nasty wounds. Stargods are no joke in this mod.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: October 02, 2019, 10:20:18 pm »
Other than a cruiser (battleship in Vanilla), my typical strike craft wing consist of 02 Barracudas each with:
- 02 lascannon
- 01 tesla gun (or another lascannon)
- 01 small shield (or another lascannon).

They pretty much take care of everything and don't use a lot of resources, unlike other light guns that use ammo.

Later in the game I replace or build Sabres, and use meteor missiles to handle even the largest ships.

Offline Gyvon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: October 03, 2019, 06:24:40 pm »
Hi gals. I have some Questionsss

1. I can't shoot science Vessel down. I already have nightmare and avalanche missiles, but They never work... I also have medusas, but It's too weak to break shields. Any solutions for them?

The hard part's knocking out the shields.  Once you do that, you're golden.

3. Best armor in this game is harbinger? But It can't protect me from stargod...

It's really not that good.  It slows your gals down too much to be useful.  It's only good for carrying heavy stuff, like a Tornado Rocket Mortar.

But other than my Designated Artillery Support gal, all mine use either Assault Marine or Annihilator armor

4. Gals can't be immune from Stargod's MC? It's too powerful and Stargods are toooo many. I have to make a team of Syn or another soulutions?

Honestly, the Ben and Lewis Strategy is the best way to deal with MC.  The AI almost always goes for the lowest VooDOo defense on your squad, so bring one or two low-VooDoo sponges to absorb the MC if you're expecting Star Gods.

Offline esto7

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: October 03, 2019, 09:56:46 pm »
Thnxxxxxxx! I'll try it now

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: October 04, 2019, 12:25:32 pm »
The MC-bait strategy works good because the A.I. "cheats".
If they spot one of your units, they can target the entire squad with MC-Attacks.

If you bring voodoo-bait they'll waste MC-Attacks onto them. Make sure to give the bait no grenades or guns which can harm your more worthy gals.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: October 04, 2019, 01:42:44 pm »
Although it sometimes feels like it, the next statement is not entirely true.

If they spot one of your units, they can target the entire squad with MC-Attacks.

The AI can only target units it *knows* of, eg:
* Spotted soldiers up to # turns ago (not sure what the exact number is).
* (Any?) alien got hit by a soldier

What can happen is that the first soldier that got Mind controlled does a 360 turn, revealing all nearby squadmates. Causing the assumption that the AI sees your entire squad.