aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033415 times)

Offline DaEMon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1740 on: June 09, 2019, 02:39:16 am »
TYVM.
I have some from the Marsec Colonials. Good fighters, 2 bad we can't recruit them. I need this for the Meridians Special Autogun. We'll see how mind blowing it is, ha ha har.
Meridian, I think you just got yaself some fans over here:)
Cheers:)

We all know about an empty inbox, but howzabouta empty BRAINbox? Guess we'll see soon enough, hehehe:)

PS: Can some1 post a screenshot of a manufacturing-dedicated base, which can produce anything, even the late game stuff? Why? I need to make a layout for one. I already built such a base with 2x Printer, 2x Large barracks, power building and stuff, and I want to know how many fields do I keep for... Fusion something, Armory Tower..?

Yea, why don't u experienced ppl post some screenies of yer dedicated bases as some inspiration for us (not-so-much-anymore) rookies? Any type of base.

Question: Would a Bossar or Meridian's Autogun be any good vs a Merc / Marsec Colonial / Marsec Bodyguard / Star God? Yers, Star god! I do plan or fighting those SOB regularly. And am already gathering info on how to. There's an armor that protects against their mind-blowing:)

I am a warrior. Words such as "impossible enemy" or "too tough" do not exist. Would I eventually have to fight them? Aye. So, the sooner I devise the means and ways how to, the better.

THIS GAME IS INSANELY LOVELY AND I LOVE IT ALL THE MORE!  ;D

Cheers!

For late game production you will need one 3x3 factory, one 2x2 printer, then a fusion thingie, a rifinery, a power plant, armory tower and tons of luxury barracks. Of course you need support stuff like hyper-wave decoder, extractors, etc.

Don't build large barracks, they are not as efficient as the luxury ones. Houses 40 people in a 1x1 building.

For the star gods I use mostly armor piercing lasers. They work like a charm. You can use gauss or plasma weapons as well. If you want them alive you can use the neural whip.

Does anyone knows where you get the GOLDEN STATUE??

I really want to unlock the fairy outfit.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 02:51:42 am by DaEMon »

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 09, 2019, 11:02:57 am »
TYVM:)

So, AP lasers, eh? I have some 4-5 Autolasers, guess that will be their job. Comes to mind, if it goes for SGs, It'll go 4 anything else that is shielded.

Question: Dr Wangs explosive weapons are NOT for SGs and the like, I guess. Seem more like AOE KABOOOM and means to find one's way into the center of the Earth? Also for dresdenising of towns and villages?
What do you use this Good Doctor's medicine against? Zombos? Godzillas? King-Kongs?

To dresdenise > to bash, smash, trash, mash something like UASAAF and RAF did it to Dresden in 1945.
Wanna see a non-nuke oblitero-annihilation? Just utube that. Or Tokio bombing in 1945. That was a real horrendous one.

Offline DaEMon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 09, 2019, 12:21:15 pm »
AP autolasers work really well on star gods and pretty much any other foe including sectopods. You should work on unlocking stellar empire weapons so you con start using plasma weaponry. Once you do that you have the fire power to kill any enemy.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: June 10, 2019, 12:35:03 pm »
TYVM once again:)
On Sectopods as well, eh? They did in the original UFO as well, remember? We could spend 5 Heavy Plasma clips on one and do nuthin, while a guy with laser gun would take care of it immediately.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 10, 2019, 07:03:56 pm »
All a part of the "right tool for the job" scheme of gameplay.

Offline Nefandi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: June 11, 2019, 09:48:59 am »
I'm experiencing the bug where I can't recruit/research gnomes as soldiers. Is there an edit I can make to a savefile that will fix this?

Offline Morrandir

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 11, 2019, 05:35:32 pm »
I'm experiencing the bug where I can't recruit/research gnomes as soldiers. Is there an edit I can make to a savefile that will fix this?

Yes, delete the "needItem: true" from STR_SOLDIER_TYPE_GNOME in Piratez.rul and you're good to go.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 12, 2019, 10:29:23 am »
I can't find any use for the Silver Bars - are they just to be sold? I have searched everywhere ingame, all the possibilities.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 12, 2019, 11:13:04 am »
Just right click them in the sell menu. It'll tell you if they are used for anything in the workshop.

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 13, 2019, 12:28:53 am »
Is there a way to manually edit "blocked"options in the advanced setting tab?
I've tried manually editing the config file, but it auto resets to default values.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: June 13, 2019, 04:34:50 pm »
You can remove the blocks in the appropriate section of the Piratez.rul file. The blocked options are the way Dioxine intended this game to be played - don't bother complaining if your gameplay is ruined because you changed some options you weren't meant to be changed.

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 13, 2019, 09:53:52 pm »
Nah, I just want to change the UFO landing alert; everything else is great for me.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 13, 2019, 10:07:11 pm »
Hint - look for the line:
fixedUserOptions:

Either delete the offending line to allow changing it in options or change the value to whatever you want it to be fixed at.

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: June 14, 2019, 12:39:21 am »
already did, thanks!

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: June 16, 2019, 03:06:42 pm »
Is it neccessary to have a factory AND a printer in the same base? Or does a factory count when about the "needs printer to manufacture" items?