Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033768 times)

Offline DaEMon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1725 on: June 03, 2019, 08:27:28 pm »
Anyone knows where to get the golden statue? That's the only thing I'm missing to get my magical girl outfit.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1726 on: June 03, 2019, 11:29:49 pm »
Is there a website, or a thread dedicated to the
X-piratez lore? Possibly the loveliest of them all?

Right now, the closest thing I know is the TV Tropes page.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 04, 2019, 12:51:39 pm »
TYVM, Scorch.
And how do we trash the stronger shields on humanoid (2 legged) enemies? Someone, I think you, or legionofone, gave here and earlier instructions for destroying Merc Hovertank shields with a shotgun. A Mammoth or a Street Sweeper would do best, right? Maybe I shouldn't use the incendiary ammo with a Sweeper when against shields? But a Sweeper with  incendiary ammowould do perfectly against Zombos, I bet. Didn't use it yet like that. Cheers:)

And what do I need to get the chem, poison and boom (and electro?) ammo for the Minilauncher?

What is the Solar Courier for? Smalltalk?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 12:55:27 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 04, 2019, 01:10:19 pm »
Shotguns are only good for the shields themselves, for the tank underneath you'll need something stronger.

Solar Courier ist just lore.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 04, 2019, 03:34:06 pm »
TYVM, Rince Wind, but I asked about the infantry enemies. So, shotguns, OK. 1st for the shields, and then for the shielded. And as for H-Tanks -  EMP from Minilaunchers. Generous portion.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 04, 2019, 05:25:26 pm »
For Type 2 or 3 shields the usual EMP grenade works nice, assuming you have one or two on hand. Other than that - massive firepower, preferably of the shotgun (or other multi-projectile - not the Aqua ammo though) variety. Weapons which have a +armor malus are surprisingly good (Reaper Rifle comes to mind, among others) because armor is not taken into account for shield damage. Same reason makes lasers (and other specialized AP weapons) almost useless - their "ignore 1/3 armor" special is wasted, while their sup-par power is often not enough to chew through the shields. Explosives are so-so - there's no weak under armour to attack, but even partial hits inflict damage on the shield. Good melee is the usual can opener.
When the shields are down - it depends on the target. Many of the shield-equipped enemies are of the 'take alive at all costs' kind, so apply copious amounts of daze. The kill on sight type will most likely be killed by whatever you used to take down the shield (unless you try to use a sawed-off on a hovertank).

Offline Novice apprentice

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: June 05, 2019, 05:25:44 am »
Anyone knows where to get the golden statue? That's the only thing I'm missing to get my magical girl outfit.
Follow the smuggler mission story arc and you'll find it.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: June 06, 2019, 10:10:53 pm »
EDITED: What goes better for a Cruiser? A Naval Gun, or a Basilisk? Clearly NOT Hammermites. I just got one with Naval Guns. Before that, Nightmares with Hammermites and Medusas didn't do BS. Someone wrote that a flight of craft with Naval Guns brings down a Cruiser. He was right. It took me 2 craft with 4 guns. But again, I play on easiest. And, for the future, are Beam Lasers and Gatling Lasers better than guns?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 02:39:14 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #1733 on: June 06, 2019, 11:46:09 pm »
Basilisk? ?

Offline Warface

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: June 07, 2019, 02:38:31 am »
TYVM ALL, PPL:)

For Marsecs, the R-Rifle sounds like a deal to me. I have these in all of my bases and assault ships (with a lot of ammo - mandatory for all weapons in my case) Yao can carry this one and a SuperMagnum or an EuroSyn Laspistol plus grenades and a Shokafist... Yea, this looks nice enough. I suppose that an Autolaser could also be used? Hit from behind? Dunno. I always face them frontally. Dunno why, maybe my tactics is just like that. I could change it no prob - I like changes. Could a Recoilles Rifle also punch through a Merc?, BTW?

My default mid-game loadout is anti-armor. It includes 3-5 frontline Junkmasters with ES laspistols and either axes or pikes, backed up by 3-5 in Tactical, Hover, or Sniper with ES laspistols and RRs with 3 shots each. I also currently have a Freak Gal in Hover with 97 strength and an anchor (easily over 200 damage) which she can carry with an ES pistol.

The axe inflicts more raw damage, but the pike has 60% armor reduction, a 3 tile range, and snap shots allowing it to destroy terrain. The RR obv kills armor reliably. Nothing survives the anchor. ES Laspistols can whittle Bodyguards down but should be applied to the rear armor if possible. Two of the hovers (or snipers) usually also have fireball launchers, which leaves them a bit overweight until they get to sniper positions and drop either their RR or fireball launcher. Everyone carries a Smoke, a Hallucinogen, and a WP grenade. 1-2 Tactical or Snipers can carry Surgery Kits (hovers lose the extra RR shells). Junkmasters carry water and the anchor-gal carries beer for energy.

I keep plenty of other equipment on board: Hand cannons, rocket launchers, M-Lasers, and so on, but at this stage in the game, the above loadout works everywhere (on Earth, above water). Its main weaknesses are that the ammo is expensive and you aren't stunning much. Remember, though, that the RR can be used to bash some skulls in a pinch, and the Junkmaster gauntlet does great damage.

I found other heavy weapons like the LC and LACC to be more cumbersome than I prefer. Everything listed above was an evolution of pragmatism, trying lots of things and applying Occam's Razor. It works in Jack Sparrow.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 03:07:29 am by Warface »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: June 07, 2019, 02:44:02 pm »
TYVM.

Can some1 tell me how to get the Force Circuits? What do you take apart for those? I went through my Disassemble and probably missed something?

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: June 07, 2019, 04:19:41 pm »
TYVM.

Can some1 tell me how to get the Force Circuits? What do you take apart for those? I went through my Disassemble and probably missed something?

You can commonly get them by robbing (or killing) church priests, zealots, etc.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: June 07, 2019, 06:10:56 pm »
You can commonly get them by robbing (or killing) church priests, zealots, etc.

TYVM.
And the Magischen-Motors? The Pedia says by robbing the Marsec Colonial Marines. Only like that? These flyby lately. Never seem to reach their target, though. Maybe my 10+ combat crafts have something to do with that, hm:) ?

Ah, old Marsec... When I just remember that good-for-suicide-only Marsec Pistol from Ye olde Laser Squad... :)

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: June 07, 2019, 06:47:06 pm »
TYVM.
And the Magischen-Motors? The Pedia says by robbing the Marsec Colonial Marines. Only like that? These flyby lately. Never seem to reach their target, though. Maybe my 10+ combat crafts have something to do with that, hm:) ?

Ah, old Marsec... When I just remember that good-for-suicide-only Marsec Pistol from Ye olde Laser Squad... :)
You can also get them from disassembling "magical" plasma weapons (pistols, rifle, heavy) and also from the Church Exalt forces.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: June 08, 2019, 01:22:14 pm »
TYVM.
I have some from the Marsec Colonials. Good fighters, 2 bad we can't recruit them. I need this for the Meridians Special Autogun. We'll see how mind blowing it is, ha ha har.
Meridian, I think you just got yaself some fans over here:)
Cheers:)

We all know about an empty inbox, but howzabouta empty BRAINbox? Guess we'll see soon enough, hehehe:)

PS: Can some1 post a screenshot of a manufacturing-dedicated base, which can produce anything, even the late game stuff? Why? I need to make a layout for one. I already built such a base with 2x Printer, 2x Large barracks, power building and stuff, and I want to know how many fields do I keep for... Fusion something, Armory Tower..?

Yea, why don't u experienced ppl post some screenies of yer dedicated bases as some inspiration for us (not-so-much-anymore) rookies? Any type of base.

Question: Would a Bossar or Meridian's Autogun be any good vs a Merc / Marsec Colonial / Marsec Bodyguard / Star God? Yers, Star god! I do plan or fighting those SOB regularly. And am already gathering info on how to. There's an armor that protects against their mind-blowing:)

I am a warrior. Words such as "impossible enemy" or "too tough" do not exist. Would I eventually have to fight them? Aye. So, the sooner I devise the means and ways how to, the better.

THIS GAME IS INSANELY LOVELY AND I LOVE IT ALL THE MORE!  ;D

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 01:30:54 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »