Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033532 times)

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1710 on: May 29, 2019, 02:10:22 pm »

Also the grenade/bomb actually has to hit something. In vanilla just throwing it was sufficient, in OXCE you actually have to hit an enemy (or neutral?) to get EXP. That's what makes the Red Barn simultaneously one of the coolest and lamest missions. :)

Just enemies from my understanding, hitting allied or neutral will not grant EXP.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 29, 2019, 05:14:35 pm »
TYVM ALL, you rock, ppl.
ATTN JamTheDane, ya can't have 90+ carry weight. I am 3rd ingame year now and my Spetznaz (SAS... ) have cw 80, Shooting 120, throwing 90, bravery 100, reactions 100. Their stats are unchanged for a year or so and they battle constantly, so I guess that's it.
 If ya wanna actually stay in biz here, ya gotto DO stuff, amigo. Tu es un pirato. So act as one. Attack ANYTHING except Mercs (very dangerous), don't go laser against the Churchers, certainly stuff yer attack craft with weps that deal all kinds of damage, have your bases well defended, RESEARCH, make, sell. Blahblah... ACT! Like in X-com, the game will send at you all the more serious enemies to fight, so ya gotto stay tuned.
Be like Captain Morgan. He lived to become a Governor, he was a real muchacho. So become one yaself. Ask yer questions here, and ppl will answer.
Ya can ask brick questions, too. I did. And it didn't hurt.

As for bravery, one of the of the ways is to take a rookie to a serious fight so that she goes insane. You'll get that stat increased like that. Just be ready to cover her - I got one run off in the middle of a turn.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 11:56:10 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 30, 2019, 01:05:05 am »
I think using healing items also has a chance of training bravery, as well as using a few certain items like ropes.

Just tested on rope, and got a 10 bravery increase after a VERY tense mission, so can confirm that works :).

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 30, 2019, 02:30:58 am »
Like I said.  It'll usually be mentioned on their Bootypedia article if a non-healing item can train bravery.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1714 on: May 30, 2019, 11:23:03 am »
Like I said.  It'll usually be mentioned on their Bootypedia article if a non-healing item can train bravery.

Yes. And even if it's not, ANAL will reveal the truth.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 01, 2019, 07:16:07 pm »
Hmmm... I see some yummy SG ships out there. Would shooting some down trigger immediate retaliation, or not just yet.? Them hombres come for Supervision lately, quite often. I even saw a Silver Towers.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 07:19:48 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 02, 2019, 12:20:19 am »
I'm not entirely sure, but I think ethereals come knocking at your door as quickly as mercs do if you shoot down their craft.  And let me warn you, ethereals here are much more difficult than their vanilla counterparts.

Also, the silver towers are the ultimate troll UFO.  It never lands (not even in the battlescape, so I hope you can fly), it's extremely hard to take down (possibly harder than a battleship), and there's not really much to loot from it.  On the other hand, it has a guaranteed coordinator so I consider it a last resort for capturing one if all the other options refuse to be available.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 02, 2019, 02:39:06 am »
Hmmm... I see some yummy SG ships out there. Would shooting some down trigger immediate retaliation, or not just yet.? Them hombres come for Supervision lately, quite often. I even saw a Silver Towers.

As far as I understand it, shooting down any Star God ship means rolling for a potential retaliation. And if any other group has located one of your bases previously and not yet acted upon that knowledge, they can sell that knowledge to the Star Gods and they can just hit you with no warning. So, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 02, 2019, 05:59:45 am »
Devon is mostly correct, any faction can spot your base for any attack wave. it's binary flag per base.

Likewise every faction craft you shoot down rolls a chance to trigger a crackdown. The chance is variable but mostly quite low. There are also crackdown mission that are added to the pool after a certain amount of in game time has elapsed, and are independent of air combat triggered ones.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 02, 2019, 01:05:19 pm »
TYVM everyone. I see.
So, if I understand correctly, the SGs - or another faction - can come even after a year.
Yea, I did a test fight. I have shot down their Cruiser - thanks to EDDIE for tip on which craft to use:) and went into ground fight, but hell, these are still too tough, so I reloaded my save. Maybe I should've used a Chinese Dragon and a Bombard? Yea, I could send in Armor only. That would be interesting. But the BASES..? Naah... I'll just let them fly around till I get fit enough and then - they will be mine. There is a way for anything you want. Right tools and approach, as always. W/o that, even here, you don't get 100+ Gauss and Plasma guns waiting in your Vaults to be disassembled or used.
And yes, I can fly, I have 2 kind of hover suits. and a Thunderhorse. I always like the tech and new stuff in my games. I research, ask, check if necessary, I google... Or I ask you ppl for advice and don't check... I share what I know...

Spoiler:
OK, so for colleagues fighter pilots of my level or less experienced. You can shoot down a Bomber or a Cruiser if you send at it 3 Nightmares with Craft Lascannons and HAMMERMITEs and a Barracuda with Plasma Spitters or Craft Lascannons. Quicksave. have the Barracuda attack first and then (immediately) send others. NOTE that the Barracuda has to be flown by a very high reactions pilot, what means - a Loknar. A Barracuda has + 25 dodge + Loknars 100+ reactions = your victory. Yes, a Shark Jetbike offers +30 dodge, and there's something other out there as well, but I don't use Sharks. I like my Craft armed to the teeth.
Don't waste your missiles on easy targets. Turn them off.

And this crazy stuff :)

Spoiler:
Load a Gyrocopter with PRIMED explosives of your choice/ as needed. Have the explosives you'll use first on the "belt." Use terrain, hide behind trees, etc., fly to the target from behind, drop the explosives as needed, go back to cover and enjoy the fireworks.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 02:20:28 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 03, 2019, 04:46:15 pm »
Where in the world is this smuggler negotiator? I've yet to find one.. not many smuggler ships and such.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 03, 2019, 05:15:16 pm »
I'd like to help, but I dunno. I bet you're in 4 a special, unique mission. Guess these Russian Files are the same case.

Every time I play this, I get to like it all the more. It's a lovely game and the world of gamers owes to the Devs big time. God bless you all.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:21:52 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 03, 2019, 06:14:38 pm »
Is there a website, or a thread dedicated to the
X-piratez lore? Possibly the loveliest of them all?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 03, 2019, 06:39:33 pm »
Where in the world is this smuggler negotiator? I've yet to find one.. not many smuggler ships and such.

without spoiling too much, city pass>terminal terror>???.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 03, 2019, 07:36:29 pm »
without spoiling too much, city pass>terminal terror>???.

Oof, i hate terminal terror.. but guess I gotta. Haha, ty for that pointer.