aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033310 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1680 on: May 24, 2019, 12:07:30 am »
The Spartans sometimes sport them as well, and there should be a couple at the mage's mansion.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 24, 2019, 01:20:33 am »
TYVM, ppl. Say, do I get a boot in my yak if I re target the civillian traffic? And what do you do with that memorial stele they give you for "stopping" targeting civvies?

hmmm...

We can hire the Mercs to drag to us for FAT money (laced with red ribbon clasped by a miniature Lasgun) anyone we want, 'cept the highest ranking ones, clear.
BUT!
Can someone else hire them to attack US?

Chromeback or Sniper or Assassin or Gorilla? err... Guerilla.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 04:28:03 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 24, 2019, 05:11:59 pm »
Human commandos spawn about half of the time on escape tower mission. Mages and reverends can also tell you about them.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 24, 2019, 07:02:43 pm »
Yea, that's a nice one. I never 4get to take a rookie for that door. One time she ever flies, muhehehe ;D

So I got Chromeback, Nightmares and laser guns. If you were me, would you go civilization, or hocus pocus locnaricus?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 07:05:15 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 24, 2019, 07:26:18 pm »
Can anyone explain how to recruit a gnome? The recruitment topic requires Soldier:Gnome, which requires an item of the same name. How do I get the item? (I have a armor-less gnome prisoner, but that's not the item.) Or is it a falsely set needItem:true flag?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1685 on: May 24, 2019, 08:41:41 pm »
Yea, that's a nice one. I never 4get to take a rookie for that door. One time she ever flies, muhehehe ;D

So I got Chromeback, Nightmares and laser guns. If you were me, would you go civilization, or hocus pocus locnaricus?

Lokk'Naars are cute. I think that settles it. :P

Can anyone explain how to recruit a gnome? The recruitment topic requires Soldier:Gnome, which requires an item of the same name. How do I get the item? (I have a armor-less gnome prisoner, but that's not the item.) Or is it a falsely set needItem:true flag?

Yes, it's a bug. needItem: true shouldn't be there.

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 25, 2019, 05:09:07 am »
How do I get the "Piratez We Be" research started? I can't seem to find any event or object that triggers it.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. I guess there is an error in the listing for the research or something. It is given when researching "Call a Meeting", but no indicator that it is associated.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 05:42:43 am by JDCollie »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 26, 2019, 01:17:06 am »
Research topics and their equivalent Bootypedia articles don't always match titles, which can cause confusion in a few instances (like the Reticulan's Stuff = Engineered Biomatter one).

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 26, 2019, 11:55:04 am »
Where the hell do you get Heavy Power Couplings?
Toho skurvenýho haraburdí je víc jak málo, ne, vole.

Jste tu něgdo z Čech, z Moravy nebo zo Slovenska?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:57:35 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 26, 2019, 11:59:33 am »
Taking apart the bigger gauss weapons.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 26, 2019, 12:14:30 pm »
PPL, THANKS  ;D
TYVM all for being so helpful..
I was already starting to despair that I won't have enough Craft laser cannons for my fighters. And yes, YES, I WAS sucha dumass to throw a million on I-guns and tope them only to see that the same junk can be obtained from my looted guns. So much for money saving ;D I totally forgot to midclick on the thing we can disassemble to see, what can it give us. Gawd...

OK, questions.
1) I see that limitless ammo guns are all laser ones, for now. Are there such Plasmas or Gausses?
2) PLS compare for me the Hammermites to Lancers and Sringrays.
3) What is your favorite all around Base Defense weapon?
4) What do you kill a Marsec Bodyguard with? I was firing at them Gyro Autoguns, Advanced Lasguns and EuroSyn Laser Pistols and they each took many hits before they got killed. On an earlier mission, a Hellerium grenade was enough, but hell I didn't use that this time - too many fallen enemies around. I don't destroy some good loot cuz of one walking trashcan - even an ultra fancy one :)
5) How does a shot from ABOVE count? For example, if a hover gal stands on a high ground and ambushes someone.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:49:35 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 26, 2019, 12:17:54 pm »
Research topics and their equivalent Bootypedia articles don't always match titles, which can cause confusion in a few instances (like the Reticulan's Stuff = Engineered Biomatter one).

Great help info. Could you or someone make a "vocabulary" of the confusing terms?

Offline GENVOKE

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 26, 2019, 01:07:20 pm »
Is it normal for Space missions to have weird slowdowns? Like, opening a door has a momentary freeze, and AI turns take.. a long time.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 26, 2019, 03:44:58 pm »
Marsec bodyguards are kind of a pain, they have great armor and are very resistant to all the standard damage types.  My preferred method of dealing with them is an axe to the backside.  If that's not an option then I tend to go for large amounts of high explosives heh.  Electrical attacks would probably be best but I'm not normally packing too much stuff that does "good" electrical damage.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 26, 2019, 05:15:38 pm »
About marsec bodyguards:
They have high armor, but actually no special high resistance onther than fire. Most importantly they take standard damage from piercing, laser and plasma.
What you are looking for is the recoilless rifle. No area damage, and it does enough damage that a one shot kill is quite likely.
Less damage but still damage: Heavy laser and reticulan plasma.
The light cannon with the standard AP rounds is also decent enough, as is any laser weapon with 45+ damage. Now you know what the eurosyndicate deal is for :-P
As always, armor is weakest in the back, so try to hit them there.

I play a more patient style with focus on capture. I've found that the wand of pain is an all purpose can opener, if you have time. It deals not that much damage, but bypasses all armor and I haven't encountered anything yet that is totally immune to it. Furthermore, it damages moral and tu as well. The tu damage helps you prevent big guys with rocket launchers reaction firing on you. The moral damage gives you a chance they will drop their weapon the next round. If it's the last enemy and he can surrender, making him panick is all you need to end the mission.

Note about wands: They loose power after range 11
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:55:38 pm by Eddie »