Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033776 times)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1665 on: May 22, 2019, 12:13:53 pm »
So, the Eurosyndicate Deal is good for avoiding.
But it can be renegotiated.

Could I still buy their Autolaser and Ion Cannon and other their guns and ammo if I renegotiate the deal?

AND,
if I do this, will they be pissed off at me?

Would the Eurosyndicate then
- cut my funding?
- send a brigade my way to destroy my base?
- hire the Mercs to destroy my base?
- do some other BS?

ATTN Eddie.
 How smart would it be to use a Barracuda instead of a Shark Jetbike to draw enemy fire? Barracuda has only 5% lower dodge.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:30:38 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 22, 2019, 06:55:15 pm »
I unlocked the deal 6 months ago and it has done nothing for me thus far. All I think it does is unlock their missions, which the Random Mission Generator has seen fit not to spawn for me. Their guns, aside from the pistol, aren't worth it anyway, way too expensive. The Eurosyndicate Heavy Laser is 1.5 Million dollars, per unit, and it's ammo is also expensive. You're better off researching ballistic alternatives that won't break the bank.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 22, 2019, 06:57:07 pm »
ATTN Eddie.
 How smart would it be to use a Barracuda instead of a Shark Jetbike to draw enemy fire? Barracuda has only 5% lower dodge.

It will work great 99% of the time, and then there is this unlucky 1% where your craft gets blown up. Not a problem if you are willing to reload though.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 22, 2019, 08:05:49 pm »
I had a streak of four base defences on a base with a hideout shroud, while my main base lay undetected for years. I thought that found bases remained found forever, but I guess it was just a streak of bad luck that defied probability.

Yeah, the RNG can be pretty random about that. I have three bases, the only one which has even been attacked, four times no less, is the one that doesn't participate in combat at all. Doesn't even have a hanger.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 22, 2019, 08:34:43 pm »
Upon reflection, I think the flag that determines if a hideout is found or not is only looked at the end of each month. It may also be possible for the game to allocate multiple parallel crackdown missions to a single region. If that's true then enduring a single attack may not dissuade the others, but we'll need someone familiar with the nitty gritty details to chime in.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 22, 2019, 09:53:00 pm »
Upon reflection, I think the flag that determines if a hideout is found or not is only looked at the end of each month. It may also be possible for the game to allocate multiple parallel crackdown missions to a single region. If that's true then enduring a single attack may not dissuade the others, but we'll need someone familiar with the nitty gritty details to chime in.

Missions go into the pool at the start of the month, and are checked off as they trigger. This is why it's impossible to get a new mission type until the month after it is researched. I suppose if you aggroed multiple factions and they all rolled a crackdown in the same month they'd chain up. For what it's worth, it doesn't matter what faction actually finds you base and who assaults it. Ratmen could wander by right when you pissed the Mercs off and bam, they pencil you on to their calendar for a beat down.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 22, 2019, 09:58:35 pm »
I actually once got a base defense immediately following another base defense once.  Very strange.  Ratmen, and then before I could even change the screen to assess the damage immediately another base defense also by ratmen.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 23, 2019, 01:29:43 am »
Could I still buy their Autolaser and Ion Cannon and other their guns and ammo if I renegotiate the deal?

From what I saw the last time I played this, this is what the renegotiation does:
Spoiler:
Eurosyndicate missions do not show up anymore, but their complete stock of lasers are still and will remain always available for purchase.  Completing the renegotiation causes an infamy penalty, but it's still preferable over letting their missions continue which can potentially cost even more infamy in the long run.

In short, you still get their complete laser catalog but you don't have to do their dirty work anymore.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 23, 2019, 01:58:20 am »
The eurosyndicate deal is access to a greater variety of expensive but decent lasers, but the mission added is pretty nasty. It's a timed battle against pretty strong opposition, either government or "rebels", so almost everything you kill is a score hit, and no retreat. Ignoring the mission is also a huge score hit.

So access to overpriced lasers in exchange for occasional big score hits. Most of the time not worth, other laser options usually suffice for when laser is key, like 0-g encounters. I usually wait until i have most of the prerequisites for the renegotiate before ever taking the deal.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 23, 2019, 11:44:05 am »
TYVM, ppl.
So yea, I will get what it takes to renegotiate the Eurodeal 1st, and then I'll just research them both, 1 after another.

It will take time to research, though, so I suppose they'll want me in action at once, as my gals have fierce rep and have at their disposal absolutely ALL kinds of weapons one can have at my level. And our ammo? Hah, we could fight a RL 24h battle with what we have. And we have already destroyed a tank, we know how to do fight. We're masters of combat, enemies surrender by 5-7+ to us! What could they throw at us that we don't know of? Power armor guys? Killed quite a number of them. Tanks? We have 85mm Königstiger II and IS-3, AND a Bombard. And Armored Cars! 5-7 of them! No one but Mercs and SGs can go against US! In fact, now we can also nail some Mercs.

BUT it's not about that, Hell, no... We are Compadres, Amigos... When we feel like it, of course - we are Los Piratos. And we do feel like it when about out score, so... I guess we better ignore it, if it comes, cuz who knows how much MORE neg score would we have if we'd say Aye. Loot? Yea, 'course, but imagine like MINUS 3,000 score? 2 much, muchacho. So I'll just ignore it. Some prisoners interrogations 'd make that up pronto, wouldn't be the 1st time we make something up. And I guess that the real good time for entering the deal would be on 1st of a month or so.

And WHY do I wanna all this? Cuz of the guns. I love guns. So, if this is the only way and is acceptable... Aye. YES, they're expensive, but I won't be outfitting an army with them, only a few gals. And the money? We'l earn some already. This ain't time limited. It's my 1st playthrough. Who knows what I missed, rather wouldn't think of it. And to start anew? NOW, after 3 months of play? No, this ain't Fallout 3. There, ya can become a king within a fortnight. But HERE, it does take time to become anything. Quite some time. So I'll just experience the stuff and use my brainbox.

I like the pistol. It's a laser Magnum. And has beautiful color of the laser rays.

TYVM once again, ya great amigos. Please, feel like it always:)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 12:05:28 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 23, 2019, 04:01:57 pm »
The mission itself is quite fun. I wouldn’t mind it at all if the score hit was lower. :P

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 23, 2019, 04:31:20 pm »
Heheh, wouldn't you? How much lower? Big score brings mucho dolaros. Veeery mucho. But if the loot brings more...
Hmmmm...
Anywayz, is there a VIDEO of this X-Com Stalingrad? I kinda like Stalingrad stuff. Who likes guns, they like big battles... Yea... We do...:)

I mean, I ain't no wishy-washy, Seven Hells no. I wouldn't mind if the score for that battle could be made up for, ballanced. If you maul these or those - what's the difference? Okay, muties r bros, cool. But even a bro needs a good trashing once in a while, LOLZ. So If it's not TOO minus, cool, I'll go, I guess.
The most importante is that it's all nice and simple.
Right? Yea, right?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:48:52 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 23, 2019, 06:00:26 pm »
Well, you get much lower penalty if you knock them out* instead of killing them, but the amount of enemies most likely means that you can't stun them all.

*Assuming you have that enemy researched. Rebel mutants are not really available anywhere else (except for shooting down *rebel trading* vessels), so you will most likely get a low score after the first mission anyway.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 23, 2019, 06:52:39 pm »
TYVM. Say, this reminds me. I need a live Human Commando. Is there any?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 24, 2019, 12:03:55 am »
look for fights against high rank civilians, some times comes on smuggler encounters, or government encounters.