aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033377 times)

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1620 on: May 16, 2019, 04:16:56 pm »
What exactly is the shotgun choke stat I see under analysis on a number of shotguns?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 16, 2019, 05:27:20 pm »
its the value governing how tightly grouped the pellets in a given shot are. Same term from a RL shotgun.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 17, 2019, 04:40:19 am »
Do enemy ships have cloaking devices just like the Piratez? I get a notification that it's spawned, but it immediately disappears, even while it's still in my radar range.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 17, 2019, 08:11:57 am »
Hmmm, is it normal for most pogroms to just be massive amounts of explosives hurled from both sides?  Or is this just what humanist soldiers is like?  Did two soldier pogroms and there's not much left of the map.  I remember doing some humanist activist pogroms and those were a little less extreme.

8 looted RPGS lmao.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 17, 2019, 09:08:10 am »
Hmmm, is it normal for most pogroms to just be massive amounts of explosives hurled from both sides?  Or is this just what humanist soldiers is like?  Did two soldier pogroms and there's not much left of the map.  I remember doing some humanist activist pogroms and those were a little less extreme.

8 looted RPGS lmao.

There's like over a dozen different Pogrom configurations, but yes, the Humanists do carry RPGs. There's even multiple Humanist Pogrom configurations, one with Activists and Military Police, one with soldiers like you fought, and a harder variant of that, adding Stormtroopers, tanks, and high powered laser weapons into the mix.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: May 17, 2019, 12:29:44 pm »
What's the deal with Heavy Freighter? Once my crew got under it, they started falling unconsciuous, and my Armored Car blew up when going down the 4x4 elevator into one of the "Skis."

"There's even multiple Humanist Pogrom configurations, one with Activists and Military Police, one with soldiers like you fought, and a harder variant of that, adding Stormtroopers, tanks, and high powered laser weapons into the mix."

AM ready fer that now:)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:32:11 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 17, 2019, 05:47:51 pm »
Ho are nuclear lasers different from other, except that they don't need ammo? Since I am using some 9 looted ones of all kinds, my fights are wayz easier than before. Especially Splatty - it splatters everything that is laser treatible.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 17, 2019, 06:40:50 pm »
Do enemy ships have cloaking devices just like the Piratez? I get a notification that it's spawned, but it immediately disappears, even while it's still in my radar range.
It reached it's destination and landed at a facility or city and was removed from the game. It's the same mechanic as UFOs leaving the atmosphere and returning to Mars in the original game, you missed your chance to intercept. Bear in mind that all shipping is simulated at all times regardless of whether or not you can see it. Just because you detected it doesn't mean it's not two seconds from completing it's route and despawning.

Ho are nuclear lasers different from other, except that they don't need ammo? Since I am using some 9 looted ones of all kinds, my fights are wayz easier than before. Especially Splatty - it splatters everything that is laser treatible.

Nuclear lasers have a nuclear power source, and thus effectively infinite ammo within the scope of a single engagement. Lasers with ammo counts are battery powered. Same principal as a nuclear submarine versus a battery powered one.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 17, 2019, 06:48:34 pm »
For the most part the nuclear lasers are an upgrade from what you've been finding.  Some are definitely better than others and some are weaker than their counterparts.  Personally I like the gatling laser the most, that thing is badass.  The shotgun is really nice too though.  I like using the standard nuclear laser (the one that uses the vanilla laser rifle sprite) on my B-team and/or for base defense.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 17, 2019, 07:07:28 pm »
For the most part the nuclear lasers are an upgrade from what you've been finding.  Some are definitely better than others and some are weaker than their counterparts.  Personally I like the gatling laser the most, that thing is badass.  The shotgun is really nice too though.  I like using the standard nuclear laser (the one that uses the vanilla laser rifle sprite) on my B-team and/or for base defense.

From what I've seen of the tech tree, Nuclear lasers are generally better until you unlock AP Lasers. Advanced Lasgun is 45 Laser Damage, AP Lasgun Clip is 60 Laser Damage, plus it has better armor penetration (50% vs 66.6%)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 17, 2019, 07:14:36 pm »
What is the mutant crab art sourced from? It's so cute.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 17, 2019, 07:46:23 pm »
Yea, I also got 3 Advanced Lassomething with infinite ammo and it's not as near precise as the Snuffy (deserves the name all right).

So I have been thinking. Some of you complain that you have only Mercs and SGs pogroms, etc. so, here, I give you my very first and very latest saves from my gameplay. If you use these, you'll be facing mostly Church, Guild, Humanists, Ratmen and Academy with occasional and very predictable (they appear in the same part of the World for some time) Mercs, Reticulans, Smugglers, Bandits. That's so far, of course. Pogroms are not very hard - you will be facing regular foes, no Mercs, no SGs, no Godzillas:)

I was always a helping friend and I stay true to my reputation.

PS: I bet you will like my inventory presets ;)

NB: Difficulty is EASIEST. It's my first gameplay and also, I play to have fun and not to lose all of my nerves.

PPS: I would greatly appreciate any cool advises and tips from anyone that can provide some.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:50:59 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1632 on: May 17, 2019, 10:30:39 pm »
What is the mutant crab art sourced from? It's so cute.

It's from Giana Sisters DS.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 17, 2019, 10:40:12 pm »
It's from Giana Sisters DS.

Well that's the last answer I'd expect to hear. Cute though.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 18, 2019, 01:49:23 am »
snip
The grey Xs are just any item on the ground, not just explosives. Note the grey X for the loot pile inside small room in the turtle.