Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1065970 times)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1545 on: May 03, 2019, 09:34:27 pm »
PPL, I cant make armored car with flak, or the 85mm tank gun. It wont appear in the production menu. WTF?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:32:50 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 04, 2019, 12:51:47 am »
Check that you have the proper production facilities, not all components for HWP require the same facilities.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 04, 2019, 11:42:08 am »
I'll see what I'd been doing wrong. No way things just disappear here, this ain't no Darklands.
It offers the 85mm tank, but no the 85mm tank gun. So what do I shoot with? Underwear?
1) How do we undo right-clicking on a Black Market item that makes it vanish from the list?
2) How do we rearrange the base buildings?
3) How many govt vessels can we do per month? Is it just about the score, or is it also about retaliation..?
4) What do we wear when using poison weapons, namely grenades? Kicking the bucket due to one's own weapon sounds like a Sanatorium idea...

Hey, WTH's with the Heavy GL incendiary ammo? I fire one and it just napalms half of the screen. Sounds quite Nero-ish and cool when wearing Hovers:) Seems that heavy stuff does some heavy fun here, har, har, har:)

Oh, about Nero...

"Oh, oh, Rome burns.
To the bones and dust.
And do you know whyyy?
With all, for it's Emperor, oh, love luuuust..."

Nero
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:06:07 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 04, 2019, 12:37:07 pm »
I'll see what I'd been doing wrong. No way things just disappear here, this ain't no Darklands.
It offers the 85mm tank, but no the 85mm tank gun. So what do I shoot with? Underwear?
1) How do we undo right-clicking on a Black Market item that makes it vanish from the list?
2) How do we rearrange the base buildings?
3) How many govt vessels can we do per month? Is it just about the score, or is it also about retaliation..?
4) What do we wear when using poison weapons, namely grenades? Kicking the bucket due to one's own weapon sounds like a Sanatorium idea...
snip
1)Sort by "hidden" category and it will show all the items you toggled to hidden with right click.
2) ctrl click(?) might be ctrl alt click), then place in new location. costs 330k to move thou.
3) it's both but 1-2 is usually insignificant, that said government units once there interrogation pools are empty have minimal value, since most cant be slaved.
4) Sealed/helmeted armor like space suits, smokey and some power armor will mitigate gas attacks, alternatively gasmask utility item.

Dunno what to tell you about the 85mm gun production, if you post a save i can look closer. The tree and all the interlocking requirements make it a bit hard to know exactly what's the problem without details.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 05, 2019, 10:43:35 am »
@NinaWindia

really accidentally? you shake your finger misplacedly ?

Lol, well, accidentally as, a marsec bodyguard decided it'd be fun to roll a bad number with his weapon and missed his shot, melting my armored vault at the time. Having to sell stuff.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 05, 2019, 12:29:19 pm »
Hey,it's OK. I did hide the Flak Car (BOY that one rocks!!) and as for the 85mm gun, I forgot that didn't even research it, ROFL:). Am sorry for the fuss.

But I will post a save anyway. Here? Good?

I had another weird experience. So I wanted an industrial printer in one o' my bases, and I chose a Hangar to build atop of it - why not? So, I relocated the craft to another base and - can you believe this sh*t - the game says: facility in use. An EMPTY one with the craft fokkin M-O-V-E-D. So I swore at the cute damn thing, had a beer and - after some ingame time - I could build my ind. printer as I wanted it. WTH? NVM, it's all OK now.

PS: You did you say st. about the 15x15 AOE tanks, did you? Well, mein Freund, Der Mörser ALSO rocks - can it trash a Merc Hovertank? Man, I so wanna trash, trample, bury alive, rip apart, dissolve in acid, etc. a Mercs crew... You should see my WOW face when I used the Mörser (Bombard, of course) for the 1st time. With chem ammo... Heheheh, THAT was something. FWÖÖÖMPS!! "Don't shoot, we fokkin surrender!!" "Sehr gut, kommt ihr RAUS, verfuchte Schwein, with ze Händen sehr hoch, oder ze anoderr granate vill vollow, ja, ja."

MAN, I am sorry for cursing and stuff - if I should be, anywayz - I mean, this is a PirateZ thread, so...

I HAVE to tell you and to the Crew here, something MOST honestly:
I, Alex, LOVE this mod in any way such thing can be loved. The Gals, the humor, the rum, the weapons, the... the Everything.
THANK YOU FOR THIS EXISTS:) I will help you in any way possible as soon as I can.

Yours,
Alex

PPS: Hope you'll enjoy the savegame:)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:51:39 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1551 on: May 05, 2019, 06:27:57 pm »
The bootypedia also says wasp ships and megapol ships are a good idea to shoot down, but I'm betting this is just egging me on to fight some unwinnable base defense.

That was a hurtful accusation, really. It made me sad and angry. Moreso that I added it only because people like you were too confused and I decided adding extra clarity was needed.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 05, 2019, 07:48:27 pm »
Dioxine, please do not let anyone or anything hurt you, or the PirateZ.
I am gaming since I was 10 and am now well over 40, which makes me a gamer with 30+ yrs of experience.

AND I tell you.

Nothing comes close to the X-Piratez so far. THIS RULES. THIS beats Fallouts and STALKERS, et cetera. No such graphics, yes, but this comes from 1994. As for playability, this is Number One. Such a beautiful plot, the research tree, things here, guns... What more do they want? Some are just jealous at anything beautiful. Who doesn't like this, pronto - there's more than 10k other video gamez out there.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 05, 2019, 09:44:58 pm »
Dioxine, please do not let anyone or anything hurt you, or the PirateZ.
I am gaming since I was 10 and am now well over 40, which makes me a gamer with 30+ yrs of experience.

AND I tell you.

Nothing comes close to the X-Piratez so far. THIS RULES. THIS beats Fallouts and STALKERS, et cetera. No such graphics, yes, but this comes from 1994. As for playability, this is Number One. Such a beautiful plot, the research tree, things here, guns... What more do they want? Some are just jealous at anything beautiful. Who doesn't like this, pronto - there's more than 10k other video gamez out there.

+1 Here
(same opinion as my namesake fellow forum member)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 05, 2019, 11:23:30 pm »
TYVM. Well, we know who Alex Murphy is, right? OK, Alex, and now, pls, let me, Alex, ask st.
PPL, do we 1st interrogate a big shot, or research them? My game dayscI can interrogate Engineers ftom Avad and Guild, but that I can research Esper and Provost. Grat, grat... Hm...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:58:22 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 06, 2019, 02:02:04 am »
regular research, before breaking and interrogations

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 06, 2019, 07:21:46 am »
I had another weird experience. So I wanted an industrial printer in one o' my bases, and I chose a Hangar to build atop of it - why not? So, I relocated the craft to another base and - can you believe this sh*t - the game says: facility in use. An EMPTY one with the craft fokkin M-O-V-E-D. So I swore at the cute damn thing, had a beer and - after some ingame time - I could build my ind. printer as I wanted it. WTH? NVM, it's all OK now.
Hangar also provides 5 workshop space which will have been in use.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 06, 2019, 09:57:16 am »
TYVM.
Seems like there's simply no other option but that - research AND interrogation. SRY 4 my "Is that big light the Sun?" question. Sumtime my tomahawk be smarter than me. Woah.
So when we build atop of something, we better stop all production..?

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 06, 2019, 01:14:17 pm »
Yep! Or at least reduce production so that 5 runt spots are free, then you can build over a hangar.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 06, 2019, 08:29:27 pm »
That was a hurtful accusation, really. It made me sad and angry. Moreso that I added it only because people like you were too confused and I decided adding extra clarity was needed.

I would think that only mercs and stargods could elicit hurtful accusations :P