Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033934 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1335 on: March 14, 2019, 02:39:14 pm »
True, the difficulty is double edged sword. The enemies are more numerous (generally not that big of an issue) and tougher on higher difficulties but you get more loot and have higher chance to get better loot too.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1336 on: March 14, 2019, 07:36:21 pm »
I had storage full of UAC plasmas and two BFGs before end of year one. Highest difficulty obviously increases the odds of these weapons spawning as more baddies spawn, so it might not be an issue on lower difficulties.

You got insanely lucky. No baddie is ever armed in BFG, and doom spawns are quite rare in general. You're forgetting how random Piratez are.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 15, 2019, 12:34:20 am »
I'm almost convinced that the BFG is just not implemented in normal play.  How do I get one without doing a quick battle?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 15, 2019, 02:06:19 am »
I've had a few BFG's over the campaigns but none recently, but I've been avoiding doom related missions in my current campaign due how many gunner's now sport RPGs. Doomed Farms are rather risky at low tech/troop experaince now.

So i can't really say where the BFGs reside presently, but they do exist. Still to rare to really matter most runs, its in the vein of the initial gothic raygun, ridiculously powerful, but so rare it may never see much use. And frankly it's overkill for virtually anything, and we like corpses to survive most of the time. Vaping a tank or other similar high teir foe is rarely the preferred outcome.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:12:12 am by legionof1 »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 15, 2019, 02:14:21 pm »
They reside in the missions Imperial Probe leads you to. The BFG itself spawns without armed battery so you never have to worry about being atomized by it, but the dark ones spawn with UAC rocker launcher, plasmagun and minigun which can be quite devastating however rest of their guns are shit and as they are accurate representation of zombiemen from original Doom, threy are slow and fragile. These missions always have at least imps spawn which are quite dangerous and pinkys who are easy to dispose of. Higher tier missions have cacos and hell barons, cacos are big and easy target, hell barons are damage spoonges with no armor so easy enough to kill with concentrated fire from shotgus and such. Electric based weapons are especially good as they always stun a caco instead of killing it and have decent chance of stuning the rest of the dark ones and demons too, so you can milk them for demonic essence. Depending on your codex choice, you might want to kill the pinkys instead of stunning to make blood axes.

Overall: It is always worth following the probe to its destination. You can allways run for it, but the potential rewards are significant and if you have advantageous starting position you have  a good chance to win.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1340 on: March 17, 2019, 04:21:22 pm »
A very good summary, I approve.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 18, 2019, 03:24:49 am »
Is there a way to reliably encounter Reticulan enemies? It seems like the only way to find them is UFO landings, and it's never the type of enemy I want.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 18, 2019, 07:33:14 am »
Everything but elders are encountered on there medium ships. The eldars can be found on reticualn base imperial probes, and base retaliations. Probably a few more rare instances i'm forgetting.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:51 am »
They show up as Jammed on the radar screen right?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 18, 2019, 01:29:37 pm »
Elders can be found only in reticulan bunkers and in the B level bounty mission where you use naked peasants against horde of rets. Elder can also be purchased after you get Saya as a bounty reward, which is how you most likely get one. Reticulans never retaliate (unless that was changed) but the elder would spawn there too.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 18, 2019, 03:40:57 pm »
They show up as Jammed on the radar screen right?

I think every reticulan ship shows up as jammed, and imperial probes show up as a round metallic ball.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 18, 2019, 11:31:58 pm »
Supply ships and the Humanist swastika ship are also jammed, along with both reticulan vessels.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 19, 2019, 10:27:24 pm »
Supply ships and the Humanist swastika ship are also jammed, along with both reticulan vessels.
And the Millenium Falcon smuggler ship.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 19, 2019, 11:55:40 pm »
Various craft used exclusively for hideout assaults are also jammed.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 23, 2019, 05:53:12 am »
In the research tree, it shows all the prerequisites for a particular topic of research, is there a way to tell whether you need all of them or just one of them? I thought Power Tools needed BOTH Reticulan Power Systems and Chainsaw Good, but it just needs one or the other. Same with Gauss Weapons Dissassembly.