Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1024540 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3510 on: June 30, 2022, 06:27:49 pm »
Nah, you're bullshitting. Flak cannons in may?

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: July 18, 2022, 02:50:14 pm »
I read somewhere zombies in a mission is a 5% change. Last 20 missions I had 10 of them being zombies. Something changed about that in N1?

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: July 18, 2022, 03:50:34 pm »
That figure is just a ballpark figure.

A ninja panic or ninja bait ot haunted forest is 100% gonna be zombies, as well as some enemy shipping missions showing up in waves, so every downed ship from the mission will have zombies.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: July 19, 2022, 11:30:32 am »
Every mission was a shipping mission. Must have been it then.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: July 19, 2022, 05:34:16 pm »
I'm trying to find the shortcut needed for all interceptors so go at the same time. Anyone know what it is?

Offline Canas

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: July 28, 2022, 04:34:42 am »
I'm trying to hit my school graduation tech, but it's locked behind captains log #2 (needed for diplomacy) how do i get captains log 2?

Offline magitsu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: July 28, 2022, 06:06:08 pm »
I'm trying to hit my school graduation tech, but it's locked behind captains log #2 (needed for diplomacy) how do i get captains log 2?
This probably still applies:
STR_CAPTAINS_LOG_01: true
       STR_PERSUASION: true
       STR_SAT_NETWORK: true
       STR_PIRATEZ_HIERARCHY: true
       STR_CHRONICLES_001: true
       STR_NO_CIVILIAN_TRAFFIC: true
       STR_CONTACT_SMUGGLERS: true
       STR_BIKINI_PRODUCTION: true
       STR_MEIDO_OUTFIT: true
       STR_ONSEN: true
       STR_PLOTTING: true

Captains log 1
persuasion
earth's sattelite network
the social heirarchy
pirate traditions
*no targetting civilians*
contact smugglers
bikini production
maid outfit
onsen
plotting

Offline balam

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: August 04, 2022, 03:30:15 am »
How many brainers are enough? I'm on Jack Sparrow, August of 2602 and got 43 brainers across all my 5 bases and with computers cores coming online soon I can push for 80... but is it necessary? My overall tech progress is at 31%.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 03:31:53 am by balam »

Offline vjmdhzgr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: August 05, 2022, 10:26:48 am »
Started a new game after seeing some advice and it's July of the second year but I still have not had any regular faction bases spawn. There was the main ninja base, five minor ninja bases, and recently a mercenary base. No church base, no academy base, no guild base. I'm looking at my previous save and there was a church base that spawned on month 5. And I think I had attacked at least one of every faction base by the end of the first year. Halfway through the second year and still none have spawned. What's going on? I got worried a bit into it that maybe it was all the minor ninja bases so I've destroyed all but two that I'm waiting on a good time for, but the mercenary base spawned and that's what pushed me to ask.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: August 08, 2022, 02:33:51 pm »
How many brainers are enough? I'm on Jack Sparrow, August of 2602 and got 43 brainers across all my 5 bases and with computers cores coming online soon I can push for 80... but is it necessary? My overall tech progress is at 31%.

43 brainers in August 2602, nice!
If you can support them then sure.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: August 09, 2022, 03:50:02 pm »
Quick questions about missions where enemies get reinforcements (precinct assault, zombie bait, etc.):
Are waves of reinforcements infinite (like one every 5 turns, forever), or is it only fixed number of reinforcement waves to deal with?

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 09, 2022, 04:19:59 pm »
They could be infinite, if they were configured like that. But they're not. In N1, the few missions that have them only spawn reinforcements 1-2 times.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3522 on: August 09, 2022, 07:35:29 pm »
Started a new game after seeing some advice and it's July of the second year but I still have not had any regular faction bases spawn. There was the main ninja base, five minor ninja bases, and recently a mercenary base. No church base, no academy base, no guild base. I'm looking at my previous save and there was a church base that spawned on month 5. And I think I had attacked at least one of every faction base by the end of the first year. Halfway through the second year and still none have spawned. What's going on? I got worried a bit into it that maybe it was all the minor ninja bases so I've destroyed all but two that I'm waiting on a good time for, but the mercenary base spawned and that's what pushed me to ask.

Alien Base missions are random:  They are part of the pool that can be drawn each month, and the faction is random on the draw.  You got unlucky with Merc base first.  Eventually others will come though.  I'm pretty sure that the mission pool is designed to be be exhausted after 5 years in game.

Offline Ttaogaming

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: August 12, 2022, 04:04:11 am »
I have been trying to get XPiratez to work on android for a few weeks now and I just can't seem to do it.
Downloaded the OXCE android current build (v2022-07-15), downloaded n1.1 and moved mods folder over into the android openxcom mods folder but now luck. Downloaded (v2022-02-07) which I read "OXCE Upgrade to 7.5.3 7-Feb-2022" in the patch notes for v.M5 24-Mar-2022 The Five Captains. and I was able to select xPiratez in the mods dropdown but then when starting the game I sent to the initial setup screen where I would choose where ufo defense files and tftd files are and then I would click save&restart but it wouldn't launch the game and keep me on the that initial setup screen.
Tried clicking on all the boxes to save stuff to cache and I have gotten the the following error screen.
OpenXcom Extended Error VFS::map_common(): failed to map 'common'

I have gotten xcom files and other mods to work and I really enjoy it on Android, and I have played a little bit of XPiratez on PC but can't seem to get it to work on Android. Any help is appreciated. Running Android version 11, on Oneplus 6T. The reason I don't play on PC more is that I have to travel and only have my phone with me for stretches of time.

I am posting this here as well as on the other main thread. If I am posting in the incorrect place please let me know

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: August 12, 2022, 09:48:15 am »
Did you follow the readme and actually have the ufo defense files and tftd files ?