aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1024236 times)

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3300 on: January 13, 2022, 01:12:23 pm »
I am having a big think over the following: I have some 3 enemy bases on the map (2 merc and 1 star gods). I tried them when they appeared and was defeated badly. Now, after some time i feel I could maybe wreck a merc base now, but  it would still be a very bloody on my part (loosing some high-level gals and power armour I made from downed enemy over the months), and with little useful loot to show for it (Gauss guns are coded, and I already have lots of cash).
Also generate enough infamy to tank the infamy penalty for enemy bases.
So my question is are there any other problems from leaving enemy bases alone, that would warrant the high losses in manpower and irreplaceable materials?

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: January 13, 2022, 02:11:12 pm »
So my question is are there any other problems from leaving enemy bases alone, that would warrant the high losses in manpower and irreplaceable materials?
Nope. Moreover - score penalty from bases easily counter by burning their supply ships (even without ground mission)
And 4 trained Syn with melee laser weapons can easily take merc base.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 14, 2022, 03:34:47 am »
So long as you can afford the score hits, merc and star god bases are only worth hitting if you need there VIPs still since there assured to spawn one.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: January 20, 2022, 09:22:09 am »
Quick technical question:
Is there a way (hotkey I guess) to see trigger zones of active mines and blast zones of grenades active and on the ground?
Also is there a way to see how far can your soldier throw a grenade hi is holding without actually trying to throw it?

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: January 21, 2022, 04:25:40 am »
anybody knows the mission ID for the orbital ship with a Syn ?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: January 21, 2022, 06:50:58 am »
Quick technical question:
Is there a way (hotkey I guess) to see trigger zones of active mines and blast zones of grenades active and on the ground?
Also is there a way to see how far can your soldier throw a grenade hi is holding without actually trying to throw it?
No, but it's always the ring of adjacent squares. proximity radius is fixed. The map window will show items on the ground including thrown proximity weapons. enemy or map mines are hidden.

Range for throwing is based of a formula. Range= 2.5 x strength/weight. So a gal with 60 str throwing a grenade that weighs 3 would be 66.67. The exception is thrown weapons with fixed max range, or powerfall off.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: January 23, 2022, 01:01:36 pm »
So, anyone  know how exactly battle glamour works?  Seems pretty mysterious, although I have a vague idea.  Here's my best guess:

+ Some default glamour by mission/enemy? maybe?
+ 1 glamour per gal in a glamourous outfit (bikini/party dress/ hoverbike only)
+ bonus glamour for craft (12 little bird? 6 v8?)
+ glamour for saved civilian?

If turns finished <=3 no glamour loss
if turns finished >= 10 lose all glamour

If in between lose a percentage.

Still a little confused at the process.  E.g. in game doing the initial academy nurse I get some glamour with the airbus, but in quick battle doing just some scout mission with a rat gives no glamour for the bus but lots of glamour for little bird.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 01:22:37 pm by Greep »

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: January 23, 2022, 04:01:03 pm »
Well, if it so important for ya...
There is enemies, who carries glamour as item, and some enemies (like robots or rats) carries not.
Some glamour you can acquire if you finish mission in few turns - about 7 glamour if you finish in first turn.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: January 23, 2022, 11:08:50 pm »
Yeah, I did a little more digging, and looks like it's both:  enemies and missions can give glamour as well as the ship/armor.  But there's no flat bonus for finishing early:  Finishing early just is a matter of whether you retain any of the accumulated glamour.  So if you finish on turn 1 but didn't earn any glamour from all of the above factors you get 0.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 11:47:04 pm by Greep »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: January 24, 2022, 05:43:50 am »
Finishing early just prevents decay of already present glamor. Glamour is on a timer like a grenade if it's part of the map drops, while self generated is not.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: January 24, 2022, 06:14:30 am »
Ah, are you sure about that though?  Like if you do 4 gals in bikinis on a little bird in quick battle and finish in 11 turns you get 0 glamour (16 if you finish on turn 1, 4 from bikinis, 12 from the bird).  Unless all of this glamour is considered part of the map drop (armor/craft/map). Or maybe I just don't know what the "self generated" part you said means
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:17:36 am by Greep »

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: January 24, 2022, 06:11:03 pm »
Doses https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_BEJEWELED_CAP protect from star god's mind control?
It increases resistance to Mind, but I can't find Stargod Mind control description to see if it works by dealing mind damage.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: January 24, 2022, 08:39:55 pm »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: January 25, 2022, 09:11:06 am »
Ah, are you sure about that though?  Like if you do 4 gals in bikinis on a little bird in quick battle and finish in 11 turns you get 0 glamour (16 if you finish on turn 1, 4 from bikinis, 12 from the bird).  Unless all of this glamour is considered part of the map drop (armor/craft/map). Or maybe I just don't know what the "self generated" part you said means
Honestly neither do I concretely. it might not even be true anymore now that i think about it. Minor balance things like this change all the time without really being documented.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: January 25, 2022, 03:40:25 pm »
Nope.
Is there something that does?