Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033880 times)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1380 on: March 28, 2019, 10:49:29 am »
That would be the close quarters combat mechanic, firing a gun(or anything that has projectile behavior) results in a test. Fail the test and you spin and fire in some other direction then the targets. Smaller guns like pistols have an easier time, large weapons like rifles have it worse. The stats used for the check are quite poor on many early game enemies, so the gals almost always win. Dosen't hold true forever.

TYVM. Well, THAT's true. I got this Blood Rituals mission yesterday and the Werewolves don't mind their dinner being JUST around the corner:)
AND, judging by the loot from that mission, some stuff here is indeed to be found just somewhere, right?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:30:37 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 28, 2019, 10:56:38 am »
While it does help you with a image of how the craft looks like*** and it's stats, the documentation is unrelated. Many shippings can generate a different map when a tactical mission is attempted (a landing, a crash or w/e) - I think Cutter has 8 possible layouts, with equal chance of each one to appear, so you may need to do a couple (or many - depending whether RNGesus loves you or hates you) before you get the one that has the printer. On the battlescape it looks like a purple slab with some yellow tech-gizmo next to it. IIRC the layout prevents it from being destroyed by power source explosion. If you are into savescumming, you can save in geo, before starting the mission, and each time you start there will be a different layout.

***Careful not to mistake it for a Sentry, which has 3 'windows' instead of Cutter's 4 windows. Might make for a costly mistake - Sentries are faster and more deadly (though slightly more fragile).

TYVM:)

Oh, yeyyeyyes, RHGesus LOVEZ all us X-PirateZ, a lot:)
I am into savescumming, as repeating the same blunder REEEEALY got on my nerves as soon as I realized what it is. So, A Cutter is a 3 windows craft, and the Cutter is a 4 windows one? I will do that.
Is there a X-PirateZ Craft Guide somewhere?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:51:34 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 28, 2019, 11:09:48 am »
Blunderbus has lots of spread and is very short range because of that. It's the extreme case of a high-damage-short-range weapon. Chem ammo then doubles that spread, so it's pretty much a melee only weapon with chem ammo. Chem ammo for shotguns with it's current spread is more a gimmick than a useful ammo.

Assault SG is more balanced, less damage but better at range (less spread) and more convenient (less reload).

Military shotgun has very tight pellets, at 15 tiles range most pellets still hit the target. No autoshot though, so less close range damage.

The military shotgun is best for targets that die from one hit anyway like ratmen. Take it on a ratmen rodeo, you will be amazed. You then switch to Assault SG for targets that can take more than one blast. Blunderbus has too many drawbacks to be worth it. It's niche would be enemies with a bit of armor, but in that case javelins and throwing axes work even better.

HEEEYY:) AnD why not BOTH? Military SG AND Blunderbus? I mean, y'see, I got this abcolutely crazy soldier loadout preset that I call "LET 'EM COME!" where a gal has An RPG, a 40mm GL and a Painbringer SMG. And ll with ammo plus bandages and smokes. Now, as we don't disembark on our 1st turn, other gals check what are we up against and then, as needed, the Rambo gals drop some of their HW and we roll on. I adopted this after my 1st Armored Car encounter. I mean, it was like: "HOLY STALINGRAD!!! ARMOR!!! AAAAAH!" So it's better safe than sorry. Even if I lose a few turns. Ain't matter.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 28, 2019, 11:13:59 am »
Blunderbus has lots of spread and is very short range because of that. It's the extreme case of a high-damage-short-range weapon. Chem ammo then doubles that spread, so it's pretty much a melee only weapon with chem ammo. Chem ammo for shotguns with it's current spread is more a gimmick than a useful ammo.

Assault SG is more balanced, less damage but better at range (less spread) and more convenient (less reload).

Military shotgun has very tight pellets, at 15 tiles range most pellets still hit the target. No autoshot though, so less close range damage.

The military shotgun is best for targets that die from one hit anyway like ratmen. Take it on a ratmen rodeo, you will be amazed. You then switch to Assault SG for targets that can take more than one blast. Blunderbus has too many drawbacks to be worth it. It's niche would be enemies with a bit of armor, but in that case javelins and throwing axes work even better.

Absolutely.
I got a White Shambler with just 3-4 Thr. Axe hits. Niiice weapons, mhm.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 28, 2019, 11:16:06 am »
OK, ppl,
I see that my gratitude and stuff answers take up way too much space here, so I'm gonna keep them shorter and, PLS, don't get offended if I fon't thank you for your helpful answer.

Sincerely yours,
Alex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 28, 2019, 11:28:30 am »
That would be "zu Befehl".

Doch, natürlich. Ich habe das aber vergessen. Vielen Dank.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 28, 2019, 11:54:11 am »
How do we actually GET this long range Flamer? Me likey:)
How good does the Flamethrower work for you?
Is there any better treatment for Zombies than a Flamethrower and WP grenades?
Anyone else got ZOMBIES (all: FunkyZ, StrixZ...) on a TEMPLE raid?  :o

That's why you SAVE your game fe minutes BEFORE you land on your mission. Ya gotto get the appropriate greeting assets ready, huh? Heh-heh...
Is there more music for this mod? And how to install it?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 01:00:51 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 28, 2019, 02:56:55 pm »
You have to find, or research other flamers to get long range one.
Flamers are good on armored enemies without much health thanks to mechanic of dealing constant damage despite armor.
Shotguns are pretty much best for standar zombies.

There is fair RNG chance of several missions spawning zombies instead of certain faction. Tower, mansions, temples, space etc.

There is "SOUND" folder with tracks, but I guess it requires more than just simply adding new tracks.
After getting "bored" with them, I just simply run web browser in background with YouTube videos.
I particulary like C&C Tiberium Sun/Firestorm/Twisted Inssurection OST, because it fits quite nicely.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 28, 2019, 04:23:27 pm »
I am into savescumming, as repeating the same blunder REEEEALY got on my nerves as soon as I realized what it is. So, A Cutter is a 3 windows craft, and the Cutter is a 4 windows one? I will do that.

Sentry - 3 windows (1 in the middle), Cutter - 4 (2 in the middle).

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 29, 2019, 12:57:10 pm »
Sentry - 3 windows (1 in the middle), Cutter - 4 (2 in the middle).

Well, I got one yesterday, but I attacked with Seagulls instead with guns and found a wreck with a Field Surgery Kit forgotten in a corner. Do you find a printer like this - lying in a corner where an engine explosion couldn't harm it? But my Aircar can't fly so fast anyway, so it's up to the missiles.

I guess I get the idea of finding stuff - simply, certain kind of craft carries certain kind of stuff, just like certain kind of prisoners knows about certain topics, so you just roll along and find the things out until there are none new.
Now, regarding this, the question (for me) is: Do we find the SAME things multiple times; or do we find them in a sequence and, when all are found, maybe we find  3 printers in a row, etc? Remains to be seen. I need a better craft first, I guess.
Ya don't hammer in a 10 inch nail with a 2 oz hammer, right?:)

I know this is a bit complicated post but, hey, we're in a waaaays more complicated mod so, I guess that that's not a problem?
I am starting to love this, seriously. I, who played ONLY FO3, FNV, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S. and stuff, now play... UFO. Not the 2012 deal, but THIS. So don't let anyone BS to you about graphics, when PLAYABILITY is probably the Pater Noster in a Gamer's case. At least, in our case, I suppose?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 01:16:52 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 29, 2019, 04:32:09 pm »
Now, regarding this, the question (for me) is: Do we find the SAME things multiple times; or do we find them in a sequence and, when all are found, maybe we find  3 printers in a row, etc?
\

No, that is completely random. It is somewhat skewered since some designs are the same, just rotated 90 degrees. But there is no sequence or anything. I would have added a screenshot, but when I take it, it just pastes an empty black image in Paint.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 29, 2019, 10:14:23 pm »
I would have added a screenshot, but when I take it, it just pastes an empty black image in Paint.

You have to take the screenshot twice. Don't know what's the problem there, but the second screenshot won't be just black anymore. Just try it several times.

Also, shipping list (a bit outdated):
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Shippings_(Piratez)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 30, 2019, 09:34:37 am »
Hi, fellow Piratez. Who can tell me:
1) I have defeated many enemies with Plasma Weapons and Minilauncgers, but none of the weapons is available for research, only clips can be loaded onto the craft.
Are they locked?

2) The Selfcharging Laser Pistol. A great sidearm,  but do you think it's better than a Black Adder loaded with Slay Rounds?

3) What do you use to fight Megapol? I had a 2 hrs fight yesterday against a dozen of them in a fat patrol car (well, y'know, this bigger police flying car thing...)... Anywayz, I went in with LACCs with WP ammo, WP grenades and ,  Selfcharging Laser Pistols and it took one craftload of munition per customer! Some 5-6 shells plus some 2-4 WPs. Is there anything more efficient at this level? A Boarding gun, a Messer, a Painbringer SMG (damn, those are mean, gotto love 'em)..? ST better than fire munitions? Poison, Chem..?
ATTN Asghan (and anyone interested): I got another Cutter yesterday, it was the Academians, and I have found Industrial SCANNERS, not printers. Is that it? This is 2nd interesting loot in a row from a Cutter. Gotto keep an eye out for these:)

Nice looting everyone 8)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:37:18 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 30, 2019, 10:54:22 am »
Industrial scanner leads to industrial printing technology, along with power tools and advanced chemistry.

1) Yes, plasma, gauss and some others (flechette, blaster and minilauncher) are technomagically locked. It will be some time before you get the tech to use them.

2) SCLP and Adder are both very circumstantial weapons due to their low damage. Mostly against unarmored enemies, and even then they're not very efficient. SLCP (and pocket las-charger) is useful for reaction/accuracy training when you use it against targets that can't really hurt you (when you have better armor). If you want to maintain ammunition, Adder is better for training (more shots = more chances to react/hit).

3) Depends on what you have access to. Magnum with chem ammo works wonders in long range, open terrain firefights. Generally chem is good against Megapol. Explosive ammo works well too, thanks to hitting the much weaker under armor. Piercing weapons (firearms) will have a tough time, especially low dmg ones (pistols, smgs, shotguns). Melee works too, as always. Electropulse munitions are nice and help catch them alive (good loot and (time-expensive) slavery). Basically furries are a training ground to teach a player how to handle heavily armored enemies, while being mostly safe due to weak weaponry (at least before arsenal upgrade).

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 30, 2019, 12:03:04 pm »
The dart pistol (basic darts) and hunting bow with poison arrows works well for megapol. Not for enforcers though, there you need electric lassos and stun batons/cattle prods. All these mentioned tools bypass armor to some degree.

Apemen and Wolfmen are resistant to a lot of things but not bio damage. Enforcers are weak to electric and also chem. Capture one and research him to see the resistances. All megapol are resistant to fire.