Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS Release (v.1.08)  (Read 48337 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS Release (v.1.07)
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2017, 07:36:20 pm »

Thanks for reply, glad you like it.

Yes, you can not reach all mission sites in early game. It is normal, dont worry much about this.

What you mean by "MIA"? Missed in action? Dont understand, please explain... maybe another bug? Only one thing i can suppose - you finish missions by retreat and not all units standing on their starting cells (blue glowing squares ).

About weapons - as always, more you research - more damage your weapons will deliver.
General tips - research all that stuff you dont need in vanilla - like alien cloning etc. And of course you need a lot of interrogations.

And yes, more surface weapons will be in future, when i get more free time for upgrade mod to OXCE+.

Hi Nord, thanks for your work

My game crash when I read the ufopedia entry for the USO "PATROL" in TWoTS v1.07
In UFOS.rul there is an entry for STR_PATROLUFO, while in UFOPAEDIA.rul there is an entry for STR_PATROL
I changed the name in UFOPAEDIA.rul to STR_PATROLUFO and it worked fine.
Oh, indeed. I miss this when make last update.

Offline Zaradur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2017, 09:19:44 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_in_action

Was my fault didn't had understood the last screen after succesful mission. I thought not only my soldiers just die normal by the aliens, i was thinking that there is too a randaom event that even after succesful mission some soldiers didn't make it and i lost more soldiers than i had expected. But would be a good challenge. :-)

Weapon Damage = I learned the hard way to just abort a mission when i saw the first lobster. They are so incredible tanky that i didn't do them a scratch. *GG*

Ok i now focus now on this stuff which i don't need in vanilla.

It's just me or shoot the i think it was the gas cannon now like an "arc" (it flies like a grenade i think). I really like this mechanic.
Vanillia had to be just a straight line i think.

And the cruise/ship mission only 1 level und not as big as in vanilla. thats really good.

I just play on the rookie difficulty don't want to suffer too much. :-)

But enough alien hunting for today. can't await the new reserches.
Kepp working on it. :-)

Offline Zaradur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2017, 11:32:50 pm »
I played a lot but get a little bit frustrating. I Just starting only with some Gas Heavy cannon, Hydrojet a lot explosive and a lot guys get only explosives and thermo taser.
Maybe it get better over time.

I found some little little bug.
I was not trying to fix it by myself cause i don't want me to spoiler myself in the rulsets.

It's just cosmetic.
cattlefish light drone. If u stand above a dead one there is not a correct name. Instead theres only the variable "STR_CORPSE_A_DRONE".

BTW i resarched the bioflare but i can't manafuctere it or can buy it. The ufopedia entry doesn't look like there have to been something else to do.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2017, 01:16:23 pm »
Ok, i'll look into it.

Offline Zaradur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2017, 03:46:38 pm »
I stopped playing u're mod. I don't know if i'm just terrible Bad and made one mistake after another.
But it's know October in game and is still stuck with only conventional weapons and this some improved conventional weapons like heavy gas cannon or advanced torpedo luncher.

I got nothing to fight with. I need a hole squad to wipe out a single lobster man.

I was trying to study some rulesets. I look for example guass weaponery.
All research depends on the rifle but there is no entry for the rifle so i can't research the gauss technology.

And i even can't find the bioflare in the manufacture ruleset.

I got no gauss or sonar technology i got really nothing.

Is this really supossed to be so?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2017, 04:09:25 pm »
If you want to research gauss weapons, you need to
Spoiler:
capture lobsterman navigator.
. Do you think it is too complicate?
Hmm... On the other way you need only
Spoiler:
alien implants and zrbite
to gain sonic weapons.
Maybe there is something to change?
I will be happy to hear what do you think about it.
And yes, bioflare is bugged, i will fix it when got access to PC.
By the way, lobstermen are unchanged, and you need tazer or melee weapon to quickly put them down. As in vanilla.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:38:37 pm by Nord »

Offline Zaradur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2017, 06:35:14 pm »
So look into a little further.

so i need:

for sonic weapons
      - STR_ALIEN_IMPLANTS -> this four things if i get it right

- STR_ALIEN_IMPLANTER -> maybe i'm really unlucky never captured one, played possible every mission (minimum 55 Missions, one soldiers do so many missions). Where are they to find?
      - STR_ALIEN_MOLECTRONIC -> got it
      - STR_MC_READER -> seems buggy i got 3 of them can use them in fight but got no ufopedia entry and can't manufacture one, my save file even says i got it
      - STR_ZRBITE -> got it

for gauss:

- STR_LOBSTERMAN_TECHNICIAN -> miss

If i only need one alive for gauss it's ok but would be nice if there where a hind in some ufopedia entry.

Maybe a new topic depends only on an live alien.

"Weapon suggestion"

"After interrogate the Alien our scientist think they hide something. They feel scary about our way of thinking and our understandig in technique and weapons.
We talk to our enginers about that. They think if they are the so scared about us maybe we can invent some weapons so they have an even better reason to be scared.
Maybe an Alien Enginner can have the right know how what we need."

that could be a really great reason to get a lot of live aliens.

When i faced the lobster man the first Time and i can't hurt them i just skipt them.
There is a big difference compared to vanilla. if i played vanilla and an alien is to strong i think maybe later and research other stuff until i get new weapons and give it a new try.
in the mod i don't know what to do and so i think the when the aliens are too strong i have to research more other stuff first.
it's like the mod feels. at the start i'm not supossed to reach every mission cause the first craft has not enough fuel.
and so i think i was supossed to skip the lobster man until i get something new.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2017, 07:26:48 pm »
      - STR_ALIEN_IMPLANTER -> maybe i'm really unlucky never captured one, played possible every mission (minimum 55 Missions, one soldiers do so many missions). Where are they to find?
Maybe you find it but can not research? You need to interrogate alien medic for this.
But it is a good idea to look where to find these pieces.
for gauss:

- STR_LOBSTERMAN_TECHNICIAN -> miss
No, not technician. A Navigator.

Offline Zaradur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2017, 04:18:53 pm »
Copied the wrong lobster man. BTW why an Navigator would be an Technican not a better choice? Technican, machines and so on.

I start over and make a new game. to skip the start a little bit i cheatet a little bit so i got the contaiment und the taser from the scratch.
Now i try play a close combat squad maybe this time it get better than before.

I got nothing in store so i think even an medic can't help out.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2017, 12:16:31 am »
Alright, I finally got some time to take a look on the text.  I'm sorry but most Ufopedia articles are looking like the result of Google-translation from Russian. Some examples are listed below:
Spoiler:
STR_SPEAR_UFOPEDIA: "Spear, forged from unknown composite material. Light, durable and sharp."
Correct variant: "This spear is forged from unknown composite material. It's light, durable and sharp."

STR_TRIDENT_UFOPEDIA: "This melee weapon we retrieved from Naga temple. It has aquaplastics shaft and blades with superdense edges. Clearly a combination of ancient tradition and advanced alien technology."
Correct variant: "This is a melee weapon we retrieved from the Naga temple. Its shaft is made of Aqua Plastics, and its blades have superdense edges. This trident combines an ancient tradition and advanced alien technology."

STR_BIOFLARE_UFOPEDIA: "Bionic device, producing two times more light, than chemical flare. And do not blind human eyes."
Correct varian "This biochemical device produces twice as much light as its chemical counterpart and does not blind human eyes."
Reason: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionics

I will continue this list if required.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2017, 08:12:41 am »
Thanks, i am waiting long for someone like you.  :)
One question: i can not properly evaluate your variant, but beg you to keep meaning and terms unchanged. Like bionic, not biochemical, etc.
Thanks again.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2017, 09:31:09 am »
One question: i can not properly evaluate your variant, but beg you to keep meaning and terms unchanged. Like bionic, not biochemical, etc.
Thanks again.
Roger that. I'll check further and post the results later.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS Release (v.1.08)
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2017, 09:47:29 am »
Tiny bugfix update 1.08 is ready.

Changelog:
 - Fixed bioflare manufacturing;
 - Fixed patrol uso;
 - Small fixes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:49:59 am by Nord »

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2017, 10:26:55 am »
By the way, I recolored your Drowned One (Zombie) Ufopedia pictures to make them closer to TFTD battlescape sprite (just because green-skin underwater zombie looks more belivable for me). Dunno if this will be useful for you because Zombie autopsy picture is looking almost the same as Mutant autopsy, but whatever. Also I have absolutely no idea who made the pictures you are using so I don't even know about credits and stuff. I would like to use these recolors for my own TFTD mod, however, even if nobody needs researching Zombies in vanilla TFTD ;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:42:34 pm by Dr.Crowley »

niculinux

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2017, 10:03:26 am »
Gave a quick try and liked very much, congrats :) May it be used without trouble with other mods? And waht about to publish it on the mod portal?