aliens

Author Topic: Translation - Russian - XCF v. 0.8.4 (Complete)  (Read 34277 times)

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Translation - Russian - XCF v. 0.8.1 (Complete)
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2017, 05:45:45 pm »
I'll release the update tomorrow. It's almost ready, but I still have a problem with one of the Hotkeys articles added with the current version - it's far too long for the Russian language. Apart from that, I have to replace "оперативники" by "агенты". As for Elerium, I want more opinions to make a decision and won't change the translation in this update.

Edit: the update is ready and uploaded to the first post. Sorry for the delay. Please keep in mind that I had to remove some of the less important entries (that duplicate the interface functionality) from the Hotkeys: Battlescape article. That was the only way to stay within the borders of the Ufopedia articles.

Happy New Year to everyone!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:51:47 pm by Kammerer »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Translation - Russian - XCF v. 0.8.1 (Complete)
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2017, 04:45:00 pm »
Many thanks, I've upgraded the mod for a future release.

All the best in the New Year!

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Translation - Russian - XCF v. 0.8.2 (Complete)
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2018, 09:43:55 pm »
The translation is updated. Enjoy.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2018, 11:30:19 pm »
The translation is updated. Enjoy.

Thank you!
Will be added to the next release.

EDIT: IMPORTANT MESSAGE!

Due to putting the project on Transifex soon, I had to change the file format to standard language .yml format. It is almost the same, except it goes in a different folder and has minor formatting differences.

Attaching both EN and RU versions in the new format. Place them in a Language folder inside mods\XComFiles\.

EDIT: And now, the Russian version is also on Transifex!
https://www.transifex.com/openxcom/openxcom-mods/

From now on, please use the portal to translate. It will be easier for you, as Transifex takes care of all that pesky tracking of changes.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:57:44 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2018, 09:21:36 am »
Thanks Solar! I'll try to get used to Transifex since for me it has some flaws that I don't know how to avoid.

Do I need to check if everything was transferred properly? I'm asking because some of the already translated strings are displayed as untranslated on Transifex.

Edit: Don't worry, I figured it out. These strings are from the vanilla game.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:17:06 pm by Kammerer »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2018, 06:34:51 pm »
While I translated some Apoc stuff using Transifex, I don't have much experience either... So let's learn together! :)

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2018, 07:09:19 pm »
Well, I fully translated Apocalypse but still can't get used to Transifex. By the way, do you know how to track changes in the source strings that are already translated? It is one of the most important problems for me.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2018, 10:25:55 pm »
Well, I fully translated Apocalypse but still can't get used to Transifex. By the way, do you know how to track changes in the source strings that are already translated? It is one of the most important problems for me.

Good question... I don't know that. I'll ask SupSuper when I have time.

EDIT: Any changed strings will automatically be set back to "untranslated" and the old translation will go in the history, so you can always bring them back and modify them. Also, if you are a translator for this string, you will get an e-mail notification when a translated string is changed.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:04:50 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Translation - Russian - XCF v. 0.8.4 (Complete)
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2019, 06:16:05 am »
After looking at what's going on in the last couple of days, I decided to forbid using any of my translations for the content that explicitly prohibits its usage, modification, and further distribution in other mods. Moreover, I will remove everything meaningful I did for such mods, although (un)fortunately that was not that much. Still, I'm not that crazy and will not remove the translations for the strings such as Soldier or Civilian. For the first time in my life I'm limiting anything related to my work and I can only hope that this will be the last one.

Offline stn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2020, 10:41:54 am »
There is a metadata.yml file in the Xcf.cyrillic names. Is he needed for something?
 В смысле, когда копирую без него, все работает, по крайней мере запускается. Если с ним, с заменой, то уже нет.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2020, 03:39:34 pm »
There is a metadata.yml file in the Xcf.cyrillic names. Is he needed for something?

Yes, for the same thing as in any other mod.

Offline stn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2020, 04:31:21 pm »
Yes, for the same thing as in any other mod.
There are three folders in the archive openxcom_xfiles_1.1.2.zip:
DarkGeoscape
XCF Cyrillic Names
Final Mod Pack

There is a file "metadata.yml" in each folder  (three different files). I copied  folders from XCF Cyrillic Names, and everything works. But i have doubts about this file from XCF Cyrillic Names folder.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2020, 05:06:22 pm »
There is a file "metadata.yml" in each folder  (three different files). I copied  folders from XCF Cyrillic Names, and everything works. But i have doubts about this file from XCF Cyrillic Names folder.

You don't need to move anything from these folders anywhere. These directories contain the submods that should be enabled from the ingame menu after you have installed the mod. The Mods manager is opened by clicking on the Mods button in the main menu.

Offline stn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2020, 03:09:52 pm »
You don't need to move anything from these folders anywhere. These directories contain the submods that should be enabled from the ingame menu after you have installed the mod. The Mods manager is opened by clicking on the Mods button in the main menu.
Да, я делал так. Не сработало. Поэтому просто скопировал все папки на авось - и прокатило.
аттач

Однако спасибо за ваш скрин, теперь вижу, в чем ошибка. В очередности подключения модов. Если мод с кириллицей идет раньше, то последующий его как-то затирает.

Ok, I realized what my mistake is. The mod x-files should go first, then the mod cirillic-mod. See attachment number 2(There is the wrong option).

2Solarius Scorch
thanks for the wonderful mods X-Files and Final Mod Pack.
2Kammerer
thanks for the translation

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 03:37:48 pm by stn »