Author Topic: Dossiers wanted!  (Read 85862 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Dossiers wanted!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2017, 04:36:56 am »
Cool, I did find the film memorable and surprisingly poetic, something like John Carpenter meets Tim Burton (or Edgar Poe).
But it's *very* graphic at times, not for the weak stomachs.

I've seen worse, but, well, it is a horror movie after all. :)

What about a discreet inside jokes, in one of the early Dagon topics ?
"We don't know what's really taking place there, but it's definitely fishy."

Totally using this!

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 07:45:06 pm »
Ha!

I thought the cult of Dagon was based off of the two Lovecraft stories of Shadow over Innsmouth and Dagon So an adaptation of a story to a movie to a video game.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 09:21:56 pm »
Ha!

I thought the cult of Dagon was based off of the two Lovecraft stories of Shadow over Innsmouth and Dagon So an adaptation of a story to a movie to a video game.

Exactly! I mean I read these stories before I saw the movie, but I think the movie was more directly influential - that's why Dagon is active in western Europe, for instance.

I think I'll release an update now... Everyone should see the new dossiers! And then let's make even more!

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2017, 06:25:36 am »
One more:

- Name: Carlos Tanaka
- Role:  illegal arms dealer
- Details: Once a world famous expert in ancient firearms, this Peruvian-Japanese professor of history suddenly disappear from public life, only to be associated later as one of the most important figures in weapon trafficking networks around the world, providing suspiciously advanced weapons to some criminals groups and oppressive governments. 

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2017, 03:16:20 pm »
Thanks I'll try to fit him in. I'll just need to find a picture and hopefully tweak it a little to find a reason why X-Com would be interested in him... Oh wait, I think I have it already.

EDIT: How about this?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:34:15 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2017, 05:51:31 pm »
Thanks I'll try to fit him in. I'll just need to find a picture and hopefully tweak it a little to find a reason why X-Com would be interested in him... Oh wait, I think I have it already.

EDIT: How about this?

I thought that the "suspiciously advanced weapons" could make it. Your photo is definitively better.

I have some others.

- Name: Elias Seppä
- Role: Nutritionist
- Affiliation: Exalt
- Details: A former finnish strongman champion and a nutritionist expert, He went to the USA to work with a vitamin supplements company, believed to have ties with exalt operations. When a police squad try to search his offices, he single-handed kill twelve agents and get away with a briefcase. He is extremely fast, strong and dangerous.

- Name: Abeba Tewolde.
- Role: Cult servant.
- Affiliation: Cult of dagon.
- Details: This young Ethiopian girl was rescued by the International red cross after her orphanage catch fire, and was send to Germany where her foster home catch fire too. After that, a family believed to have ties with the cult of dagon adopt her. She have been seen in some high profile cult activities, with victims carbonized. Extreme caution required for her capture.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2017, 06:52:33 pm »
- Name: Owen Hoffer.
- Role: Physicist.
- Affiliation: SPARTA ENGINEERING.
- Details: Dr. Hoffer has been working with military engineers in developing thermal weapons based on CO2 Laser Technology.  Successful tests destroying explosives and landmines show promise that these technologies may be used in other capacities.  Dr. Hoffer has not been seen since his trip to Berlin in the spring of this year.

Offline Cmndr_Stryker

• Sergeant
  • Fire everything we got!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2017, 08:14:57 pm »
- Name: Daniel Lancaster
- Role: Special Operator
- Affiliation: *CLASSIFIED*
- Details: After coming into contact with a strange alien artifact, Daniel was captured by the US government and put under observation. The artifact he came into contact with somehow enhanced the abilities of the average human. As a result, Daniel was given military training and will be used against various terrorist organizations.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 01:19:38 am »
Thanks a million, I'll add these great guys to the Pedia.

Ivan, what exactly is Sparta Engineering? Because this guy would work great with M.A.G.M.A.!

Cmdr. Stryker, so... his affiliation is classified? What isn't classified here?! Oh wait... Perhaps the ones sending agents to X-Com are even more classified than the Men in Black, or aliens.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 01:35:52 am »

Ivan, what exactly is Sparta Engineering? Because this guy would work great with M.A.G.M.A.!

Sure hook him up with M.A.G.M.A.  Sparta is a real world company with a project and scientist that I based this guy on. :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 02:03:36 am »
- Name: House of HORUS
- Role: International fraternal organization
- Details: Supposedly founded on the beginning of the XIX century with Europe's fascination with ancient Egyptian culture, the House of HORUS has been claimed to be an elite within the elite who is determined to achieve eternal life through ressurrection of the human body by any means.

- Name: Omega Conglomerate
- Role: Multinational corporation
- Details: Originally based on Hong Kong before control of the British colony reverted to China, the Omega Conglomerate has extended its operations into the mainland, giving it powerful influence over Chinese leaders who frequentely use its services for 'special services', from money laundry to human trafficking, along with unethical scientific research.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:08:14 am by Hobbes »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 02:05:37 am »
Thanks a million, I'll add these great guys to the Pedia.

Cmdr. Stryker, so... his affiliation is classified? What isn't classified here?! Oh wait... Perhaps the ones sending agents to X-Com are even more classified than the Men in Black, or aliens.

In the end, the ones who finance X-com finance MiB too, true?.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 02:40:15 am »
Sure hook him up with M.A.G.M.A.  Sparta is a real world company with a project and scientist that I based this guy on. :)

Cool, I'll use him like this, then.

- Name: House of HORUS
(...)

- Name: Omega Conglomerate
(...)

Thanks, I'll use them too, but they'll have to wait a bit until I start adding organizations.

In the end, the ones who finance X-com finance MiB too, true?.

You'll find out yourself... After I write it!

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2017, 05:40:04 pm »
Can a Dossier be a special report of fringe or weird science, an event, or a place? I guess I'll keep working on stuff to show :)

Name: Ludmilla Trka

Role: Contactee

Details: Verified abduction survivor with multiple strange implants removed over the course of last seven years. She claims to feel the presence of invaders enslaving others at the start of the second millennium.

Don't have a picture in mind.... yet.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2017, 06:11:12 pm »
Can a Dossier be a special report of fringe or weird science, an event, or a place? I guess I'll keep working on stuff to show :)

Sure, share your ideas and I'll do my best to incorporate them. I'm not sure yet how exactly, but it won't go to waste. Maybe I'll try adding "weird news" stuff like Hobbes... Maybe he'll find it useful too. :)

Name: Ludmilla Trka

Role: Contactee

Details: Verified abduction survivor with multiple strange implants removed over the course of last seven years. She claims to feel the presence of invaders enslaving others at the start of the second millennium.

Don't have a picture in mind.... yet.

OK, I'll try to fit her somehow. But who is her employer? Certainly not X-Com, or we wouldn't have to raid cultist houses to find out about her.