Author Topic: Dossiers wanted!  (Read 85891 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Dossiers wanted!
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2019, 02:46:32 pm »
Haha, good one... But I think it's too much on the comedy side for a dossier. :)

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2019, 01:43:55 pm »
Name: Spring Man of Prague
>ROLE: Freedom fighter{NEWLINE}>AFFILIATION: Unknown{NEWLINE}>DETAILS: Mysterious man who fought Nazies in Prague during the Second World War. He was known for his 'springs' that allowed him to jump acros the buildings and for his supernatural strenght and fighting techniques. According to the rumor he was captured by Nazi secret faction as a test subject. Available informations suggest he could be Hybrid with advanced armament. Apparently he was sighted in Czech Republic recently.{NEWLINE}>STATUS: Unknown

Name: Andrej Bureš
>ROLE: Businessman{NEWLINE}>AFFILIATION: Unknown{NEWLINE}>DETAILS: Merciless Slovak trader who buys and sells even classified informations. There are clues he makes business with recently revealed cults, mostly Red Dawn, and Hybrids. He tries to have clean criminal record at all cost, because of his higher ambitions in politics.{NEWLINE}>STATUS: Interpol notified

---
The friend of mine gave me the permission to use his picture as Andrej.
There are 2 animated shorts about Springman:
From 2016: www.youtube.com/watch?v=34u4al7qi0c (with english subtitles)
From 1946: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UwsXOv5XXg (Silent film)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:51:11 am by Bartojan »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2019, 07:38:23 pm »
The spring man of Prague is an interesting concept, I'll think about it.

For Andrej Bureš, it's cool that your friend volunteered and all, but the dossier is bland... There are several others like that already. Maybe you could add something?

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2019, 10:35:31 am »
For Andrej Bureš, it's cool that your friend volunteered and all, but the dossier is bland... There are several others like that already. Maybe you could add something?
It's fan fiction about actual Czech prime minister Andrej Babiš. There is more merciless version:
Name: Andrej Bureš
>ROLE: Businessman{NEWLINE}>AFFILIATION: Unknown{NEWLINE}>DETAILS: Merciless trader and former informant of communist Czechoslovak secret police. He is hoarding useful informations because of his high political ambitions. Acording to the latest informations he started trades with Red Dawn and Hybrids thanks to his contats in intelligence and business comunity. Several of his local competitors mysteriously diseapeared recently and in two cases there are reports of UFO sightings in the area. His previous competitors were usually murdered.{NEWLINE}>STATUS: Interpol notified

Edit: I have changed Czechoslovakia to Czech Republic in Springman text. Czechoslovakia split into the two sovereign states in 1993.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:53:29 am by Bartojan »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2019, 02:19:30 pm »
Aaah, now I get it! I failed to make the connection.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2019, 01:45:07 pm »
Name: Tatoo
Role: Russian lesbian pop duo
Affiliation: Church of Dagon
Details: This Duo's latest single "Nas nie DAGONyat" was a great hit with the Rookies. Well, until they went on a concert and noticed the hooded figure at the backstage. The whole affair turned into an ill-concealed Chucrh of Dagon recruitment drive.

Name: Mystery Team
Role: Amateur mystery solvers
Affiliation: Concerned citizens
Details: This group frequently show up on mission sites hours after X-Com has cleared the area. They are frequently the target of the Salvage team's cruel practical jokes. The group's dog shows rudimentary intelligence and was once brought to base with its handler (by mistake) for study. No signs of intelligence were found in either.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:46:09 pm by tarkalak »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2019, 02:52:31 pm »
Name: Grandmother Donka
Affiliation: Red Dawn
Details: Baba (grandmother) Donka had foretold the breakup of the Soviet block, the Chernobyl disaster, Stalin's death. She was frequently visited by Soviet and other Eastern European leaders including Brezhnev and Yeltsin. She claimed to contact the dead: “I am for them – GATES IN THIS WORLD”. She was recently kidnapped by Red Dawn.

This is inspired by Baba Vanga. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Vanga
She (the real one) died in 1996 so the kidnapping above.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:54:11 pm by tarkalak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2019, 08:29:16 pm »
I like the Baba Donka article, it's just right with the amount of humour. The other two were admittedly pretty good jokes (though the Tatoo was mostly for puns), but a bit too humorous for dossiers; if they could be somehow changed into staff inputs, I'll seriously consider them.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2019, 10:31:49 pm »
I like the Mystery Team, it could be worked into the game if it was a bit more subtle.

[...]
Details: Baba (grandmother) Donka had foretold the breakup of the Soviet block, the Chernobyl disaster and Stalin's death. She was frequently visited by Soviet and other Eastern European leaders including Brezhnev and Yeltsin. She claimed to contact the dead: “I am for them – GATES IN THIS WORLD”. She was recently kidnapped by Red Dawn.

This is inspired by Baba Vanga. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Vanga
She (the real one) died in 1996 so the kidnapping above.

Missing a word which I included. Also, is the last sentence "I am for them - Gates in this world" meant to be broken like this (as in, missing words)?

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2019, 09:42:28 am »
"I am for them - Gates in this world" I copy-pasted this one. It is supposed to be a direct citation. I changed the and to be "and others." Also changed the last sentence.

Affiliation: Red Dawn
Details: Baba (grandmother) Donka had foretold the breakup of the Soviet block, the Chernobyl disaster, Stalin's death and others. She was frequently visited by Soviet and other Eastern European leaders including Brezhnev and Yeltsin. She claimed to contact the dead: “I am for them – GATES IN THIS WORLD”. Her recent death is suspicious.

@Solaris The real Baba Vanga claimed that she contacted the aliens and that they will show up in 2130, so yeah, she would easily fit in the mood. I have ideas for several others like that and one about an event. On a side note a Soothsayer/Prophet/Mystic would fit as a staff member of X-Com.

The Scooby Doo and Tatoo are jokes truly, I would think about making them staff inputs.

The Scooby Doo gave me an idea for a mission.

Mission: Cleanup of Mission Site
Description: The Salvage team is on vacation and we must clean up this place by ourselves. Stay away from civilian investigators, they will not recognize the agents at longer range (more than 9 tiles), and gather %NUMBER%l all artifacts to the extraction zone and leave. The civilians are not to be harmed at all costs.

The level has a few scattered alien artifacts. The opposition is shortsighted (9 tiles vision) civilians with Tasers and completely immune to all kinds of damage. X-Com's job is to gather the artifacts and leave. The artifact points should outweigh the negative points from mission failed. You start with no weapons, only medkits and flares. All MIA agents are arrested and later taken by the MiBs which explains why they cannot be recovered.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 10:20:21 am by tarkalak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2019, 06:26:36 pm »
Thanks. I will include babushka Donka, when I have the time to do something lighter.

The mission you suggested sounds fun, I would be interested in adding a purely stealth mission. But I don't like the "immune to bullets" part - I'd rather completely forbid ANY weapons, or just give really painful penalties for killing the "enemies". It's a concept worth developing.

And by the way, after such a legendary introduction of Baba Donka, and having been kidnapped (since obviously her death was faked), it begs for a special mission... I smell hybrids ;)

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2019, 11:32:18 am »
I forgot to mention she is Bulgarian :)

In 1991 there was a group of Bulgarian mystics that convinced a group of Bulgarian army officers that the aliens have told them about something buried near Tsarichina (that is a village near Sofia). They diged a weird spiral shaped tunnel until in 1993 the media and the goverment found about it and there was a huge public scandal.The Tsarichina hole was filled with concrete. The target was Tsar Samuil's treasure, the skeleton of the first human, the first human in suspended animation, underground alien golden pyramid, communication device with aliens and what not. There are legends about UFO sightings force fields, etc.

It is a great material for a mission and I will write some dossiers about it when I find some time. I was thinking something in the line of how Red Down found about the aliens.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2019, 08:50:50 pm »
Yeah, an awesome idea.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2019, 11:26:17 pm »
I would like to try making a dossier of my own.

-----------------------

Name: Professor B. Viruso

Role: Scientist

Affiliation: Hybrid Network (pressumed)

Details: Brilliant Spanish scientist who managed to achieve five Doctorates in a row for science-related studies, he was known for his amazing if controversial advances in gene-therapy and his even stranger inventions. Notable amongst the latter is the drug he invented originally as an "intelligence enhancement pill", which he eventually repurposed as a potent sedative used even today.

However, nine months ago he promptly went off the grid with no warning. Our conjecture is that his disappearance is related to his government's latest batch of budget cuts completely stalling his research funds, moment in which he was approached by an unknown party interested in his unorthodox research methods and his amoral approach to science.

His current whereabouts are unknown.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:25:58 pm by HumanTraitor »

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2019, 12:15:47 pm »
One pre-gnome:

Name: Kiras Jelantik
>ROLE: Police officer{NEWLINE}>AFFILIATION: Unknown{NEWLINE}>DETAILS: Kiras is 30 years old. He's the youngest member of very old Balian family, known for their very small frame and similar appearence. Men usually serve as low class civil servants and Kiras is Brigadier of Indonesian National Police. His family is veiled in mystery: there are no official records of any female family members, no records of any birth, death nor burrial in the family. But Indonesian official records are not reliable. No interrogated local citizen has ever seen any female, child or old member nor 2 members of the family together.{NEWLINE}>STATUS: Under surveillance