Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071453 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1845 on: June 13, 2019, 11:25:47 pm »
OXCE engine 5.5.1 refuses to work, gives errors like
"Error for 'STR_MAGMA_CHAINSAWBOT_WEAPON': offset '-3' have incorrect value in set 'BIGOBS.PCK' "

The problem is described here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3287.msg113764.html#msg113764 If i understand correctly, mainly 2x2 units are affected.

Just update to 0.9.9d.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: June 14, 2019, 08:07:31 am »
Just update to 0.9.9d.
Still the same error. 5.5.0 engine works.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: June 14, 2019, 12:48:41 pm »
Still the same error. 5.5.0 engine works.

0.9.9d works with 5.5.1 for me.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: June 14, 2019, 09:04:03 pm »
Random chair on building during Jarhead terror mission

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: June 15, 2019, 01:36:18 am »
0.9.9d works with 5.5.1 for me.
Yes it does. It only crashes, if there are any incompatible mods in the mods/ directory, even if they are disabled. Deleting the old versions of XCF helped.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: June 15, 2019, 09:30:37 am »
Not sure if bugs:
The Gauss rifle doesn't require the Std. Lab to research. I see that the Laser pistol needs the Std. Lab so it is logical that the gauss rifle will need it as well.

Not necessarily. You don't invent anything, it's just about taking the weapon apart and examining the remains. It doesn't strictly require very advanced equipment.

OK, that is fine, but why does the laser pistol need an Std Lab and the Gauss rifle doesn't need Std. Lab?

To me it is logical that either both need Std Lab or both doesn't need it.

Also the laser pistol can be equipped even if it is not researched.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: June 15, 2019, 05:06:59 pm »
A reminder that the bug I've reported months ago with both "OpenXcomExPlus.exe" and "OpenXcomEx.exe" mentioned in the mod's readme is still there. :P

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 16, 2019, 04:15:06 am »
In the chain of houses the doors on the 3rd level open to the pit. The part of the 3rd floor left from Mechela Lebna in inaccessible. And thus the 2nd floor of the leftmost building is inaccessible too. (I had to shoot the mongorn through windows.)

P.S. By the way, after the update the icons denoting rank disappeared. What did I update incorrectly?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:16:55 am by tkzv »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1853 on: June 16, 2019, 01:26:36 pm »
Random chair on building during Jarhead terror mission

Lol, how did it happen. Probably justifiable, but I removed this chair :)

OK, that is fine, but why does the laser pistol need an Std Lab and the Gauss rifle doesn't need Std. Lab?

You know, you're right. I saw it differently, but it could be confusing to the player. I'll change it.

A reminder that the bug I've reported months ago with both "OpenXcomExPlus.exe" and "OpenXcomEx.exe" mentioned in the mod's readme is still there. :P

Sorry, what was it? You know, over 100 pages. ;)

In the chain of houses the doors on the 3rd level open to the pit. The part of the 3rd floor left from Mechela Lebna in inaccessible. And thus the 2nd floor of the leftmost building is inaccessible too. (I had to shoot the mongorn through windows.)

Fixing, or even remotely understanding Hobbes' maps is a task for long winter evenings, so I can't promise I'll sort it out it soon. But I've never experienced it before, must be a rare fluke.

P.S. By the way, after the update the icons denoting rank disappeared. What did I update incorrectly?

Eh? I can't see anything wrong. No idea what you did. :D

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 16, 2019, 02:38:08 pm »
Eh? I can't see anything wrong. No idea what you did. :D

I also don't see it, probably some recent changes.

Edit: found the issue and fixed
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 09:20:43 pm by Meridian »

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 16, 2019, 06:48:51 pm »
Sorry, what was it? You know, over 100 pages. ;)
But.. I've just said in the very post you respond to.

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 17, 2019, 01:27:57 am »
Can you check if researxhing the driver’s license doesn’t remove it feom inventory (thus allowing you to research the same license three times for the combat analisys of three different civilians)? It is possible I just had four licenses instead of one (leaving me one license to seçl afterward), but I didn’t check and I’m playing ironman so I cannot recheck.

Also, unrelated question, but I assume that all the dossiers unlocked through interrogations give extra points towards the council evaluation?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 17, 2019, 01:47:53 pm »
Can you check if researxhing the driver’s license doesn’t remove it feom inventory (thus allowing you to research the same license three times for the combat analisys of three different civilians)?
You can look this up yourself by checking for the destroyItem flag in the research_XCOMFILES.rul - if it is set to true the item will be consumed after compeleting the project.

Also, unrelated question, but I assume that all the dossiers unlocked through interrogations give extra points towards the council evaluation?
Same as above, check the points value of the dossiers.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: June 17, 2019, 05:26:06 pm »

You know, you're right. I saw it differently, but it could be confusing to the player. I'll change it.

In my mind the only real bug is that the Laser Pistol doesn't need research to be equipped. Of course I don't have a battery yet so it is dead weight.

Whether you need or don't need Std Lab for disassembly of super high tech weapons is arguable. I think that the science team will want to at least put it in an industrial level tomograph before playing with the screwdrivers. It is possible that there are microscopic shaped charges that would destroy critical parts of the design. But your point of view is also valid.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 06:01:56 pm by tarkalak »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 18, 2019, 01:18:45 am »
When I finish a Hybrid farm mission with an alien drone stunned, it does not appear in the list of loot. However, it is correctly added to the base store. To reproduce, load the attached "cannot sell drone.sav" and shoot the last hybrid. (3rd base, "China".)

If I kill the drone, its corpse correctly appears in the loot, see "HF1-1.sav". (Only tried that in debug mode.)

Update:
I studied "Alien Data Slate", was told that it requires workshop processing, but no such task appeared in the "Manufacture". What am I missing? I've got Standard lab + Intelligence + Bio and workshop on the same base.

Why does MAGMA only sell a limited selection of tritanium ammo? Why don't they also sell Magnum rounds?

Do you plan adding body armour for rats?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 04:31:58 am by tkzv »