aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 380173 times)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2017, 07:16:04 pm »
Now that's good, glad this mod is now deforming from "ultra smurfs of Maccarge", and then reforming into " X-Com: Deathwatch

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2017, 08:14:01 pm »
like original x com you have to do the research to the ammo on all plasma weapons, i can turn it off but  i didn´t lose time with it yet and makes no confusion to
me

what about the fact that there are also no charges when equipping the transport in the battle from the main menu?
if no one wrote, probably the problem I have with my installation

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2017, 10:21:54 pm »
Now that's good, glad this mod is now deforming from "ultra smurfs of Maccarge", and then reforming into " X-Com: Deathwatch

y true , kind of a bug , i deleted clip from rulset to create another but aparently deleted both .. anyway problem solved with no del
i do no not notice foes don´t using heavy plasma

Anyway new version up with that issue and many more solved

Offline Saratovetz

• Sergeant
  • whining nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 20, 2017, 05:27:26 pm »

Found some issues in extraStrings_40k_uk.rul (in extraStrings_40k_us.rul too, of course):
Spoiler:
   - STR_AUSTRALIA defined twice: as Urals sector and as Albia sector
   - STR_SMALL_SCOUT2 and STR_MEDIUM_SCOUT are both defined as fighter ships (blood of the Emperor, what is STR_SMALL_SCOUT2?)
   - craft lascanon (STR_LASER_CANNON_UFOPEDIA) described as "big lasgun". Well, it's almost true, but it's too simple compared to other (finished) descriptions
   - commas before "Commander" in STR_NO_TRAJECTORY and before "Force" in  STR_LINE_OF_SIGHT_REQUIRED
   - in STR_ALIEN_BASE_ASSAULT_BRIEFING: "We must find entrance to the foul the chaos"
   - in STR_NAVY_COMUNICATIONS and STR_COMUNICATIONS: Comunications -> Communications
   - in STR_ALIEN_WAR_DESCRIPTION: despached -> dispatched
   - in STR_CAT_DESCRIPTION: Fury and zeal [comma] brothers
   - in STR_FORTRESS_DESCRIPTION: capitalize "u" in "ultramarines"; beneth -> beneath
   - in STR_MISSIONPEDIA_INTRO: hostil -> hostile
   - in STR_MISSION2_TEXT: Several Chaos outpost
   - in STR_MISSION3_TEXT: on Chaos outpost?s
   - Sargent -> Sergeant. Everywere
   - in STR_SPELLSR: Studys -> Teachings?
   - in STR_PATCHSPEED_UFOPEDIA: revigurates -> reinvigorates
   - emperor -> Emperor. Everywere
   - STR_SECTOID_AUTOPSY defined twice
   - in STR_CHAPTERARMY_UFOPEDIA: veicules -> vehicles, but seen it in other strings too
   - in STR_PREDATOR_CORPSE and STR_PREDATORSIDE_CORPSE: Whrecked -> Wrecked
   - STR_XCOM_PROJECT_MONTHLY_REPORT defined twice
   - in STR_ARTIFACT_SITE_P1_BRIEFING: zenos -> xenos

That's all for now

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 20, 2017, 07:03:13 pm »
thks Saratovetz just corrected everything you said

Also i copy uk strings from the us one, dunno know if it worth having both, since there equal

meanwhile i´m making bunch of INV for chaos , i guess they turn out kooler than the good guys due to more details per model

New Fix UP
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:34:17 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline Saratovetz

• Sergeant
  • whining nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2017, 02:58:16 pm »
thks Saratovetz just corrected everything you said

Also i copy uk strings from the us one, dunno know if it worth having both, since there equal

meanwhile i´m making bunch of INV for chaos , i guess they turn out kooler than the good guys due to more details per model

That looks great!
Also, I think that difference in detalization caused by the fact that spess mehrens has no insignia/marks/etc on their armours (like the order insignia, the combat role markings - arrows for tactical, another arrow for devastator, four crossed arrows for assault [it seems that marines likes arrows])
Maybe  change the face skins to armour skins, so all marines will have the (almost) same helmets in inventory, but with purity seals, chains, augmentations and other stuff (even battledamage) on armour. Much more detalization, isn't it?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:01 am »
Maybe  change the face skins to armour skins, so all marines will have the (almost) same helmets in inventory, but with purity seals, chains, augmentations and other stuff (even battledamage) on armour. Much more detalization, isn't it?

the less detail i make the more easy is to change chapter. also i´m color correcting so that would became easier , maybe in far future i will pay more atention for sm details
now i´m working on a lot of INV´s and making guard a bit more ussefull

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2017, 03:04:52 am »
Ufopedia Codex text colours make it very hard to read. Can you pick darker shades for the font shadow? Especially hard is dark purple with a lighter shadow. White font on white background is hard to see (e.g. non-varying words in tables on the left). It would be better to make background on the right less contrast so that black patterns interfered with text less.

Similarly unreadable text in Research menu.

Description for laboratory says 50 people, but it actually houses 25.

The date should be not 1999, but something like 39 999 :)

I could buy laspistol and lasgun before I researched them. Is this a bug or intentional?

Marines could walk through some parts of aircraft during a terror mission — see "40k-palnes.png" and "_quick_.sav".
Update: marines can get stuck inside an aircraft — see "airplane-stuck.png" and "airplane-stuck.sav".
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 03:08:37 am by tkzv »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2017, 01:20:04 pm »

Codex text colours make it very hard to read. Can you pick darker shades for the font shadow? Especially hard is dark purple with a lighter shadow. White font on white background is hard to see (e.g. non-varying words in tables on the left). It would be better to make background on the right less contrast so that black patterns interfered with text less.
i tried to work it out, still i suck in that color department, got something to do with extender colors (second button changes colors for help)

Description for laboratory says 50 people, but it actually houses 25.
true still has the old text, a lot of the ufopedia facilitys needs new writing (haven´t lost many time with that)

The date should be not 1999, but something like 39 999 :)
it´s ez to do, but dunno if that crashes the game or worse (haven´t tried it)

I could buy laspistol and lasgun before I researched them. Is this a bug or intentional?
yes, guard lasgun and pistol (since you have guard soldiers now), also low weight for guard, i just balanced that marine ones as more acc and comes later in game (rebalance in new patch)

Marines could walk through some parts of aircraft during a terror mission
True, Just fixed will be in the new patch i will release this week

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2017, 12:45:19 am »
So thanks to Saratovetz  weapon black sprites and Neoworm new faces, and some complains on lore. i´m adding the adeptas senoritas as a new soldier type and put female freq to 1

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2017, 03:43:30 am »
YAY! THICC

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2017, 10:51:00 am »
Hey, Fem Marines are a good thing...

Offline Saratovetz

• Sergeant
  • whining nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2017, 02:50:05 pm »
Glorious work! Purge the femmarines!

P.S.: For those, who still await this damned translation:
Spoiler:
(ШАЯИIИG! Valhallan/Vostroyan low gothic here)
Прошу прощение за задержку.  :-[
Последний месяц у меня возникали проблемы, которые необходимо было срочно решать,  поэтому времени на перевод почти не было. Сейчас свободное время наконец появилось, а значит процесс постепенно наращивает обороты.
Честно говоря, не могу обещать, что перевод будет готов до Нового года, но сделаю всё возможное для этого.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2017, 10:30:16 pm »
new version up!
fem marine are still present, i need some time to redo all faces and armor to male

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2017, 12:58:24 am »
So i´ve been doing chaos terminator inv, and i notice the marine terminator one i made was completely uncannon so here is the revised model put along side other´s for scale