Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374111 times)

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #675 on: December 17, 2021, 05:25:30 am »
Yeah its cool but the ultramarine chant gets a little bit reptiteve after awile.
I prefer to play with dark ambient from Cryo Chamber on the background or some 40k ambient like "Ecclesiarchy gothic litanies".

Offline Shawdawg

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 17, 2021, 10:02:53 pm »
To some, this may sound like cheating the experience, but I also feel the Emperor/High Command wouldnt send just scouts to an outpost to defend a planet. Is there a way to modify so that when you get your armor delivered after choosing strategy, you get 4 (so more like a real squad) and after choosing a strategy, can you still learn the other armors? Cause two guys wearing Devastator armor in an 8 man tactical squad is common.

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 18, 2021, 07:18:21 am »
But you can manufacture more armor. It is not too deep in research tree.
And yes you can craft all other types regardless of strategy choice. Assault armor is hardest to unlock i think(chaos raptor needed).

Offline Shawdawg

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 19, 2021, 08:25:45 pm »
I restarted and realized I made the error in shooting down all the enemies. If I waited till they landed, send drop pods in, I can get some adamntium and promethium every now and then and maybe not lose a lot of guys....maybe
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 09:55:06 pm by Shawdawg »

Offline oxcuser0003

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 06, 2022, 09:04:52 am »
So awesome that new factions are still being added. Looks like you beat Chaos Gate 2 to playable GK lol They do feel OP at start but thats a good thing imo, something that the SM kind of lacked until end game. The requisition system does make them feel more rare and valuable which is a nice change from feeling like IG fodder

Havent played much but it seems like you wont be able to change up the weapon loadouts until you promote them and get different armor? Or will all armor ranks have locked in items?

Speaking of weapons, any thoughts on rebalancing? Last time I got through the base SM campaign with heavy bolters and lascannons that you get early on and there wasnt much feeling of progression. Dont know how much inspiration is taken from the tabletop (which i admittedly dont play) but when i looked up the stats out of curiosity (on wahapedia) there seemed to be a LOT to work with

Cosmetically, love the DoW voices; the armor color seems a bit more like White Knights though :D

Looking forward to what you have in store for Deathwatch, thanks again for the great mod!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2022, 06:53:39 pm »
Version 032 up on the mod.io page. Enjoy!

Offline Harmondale2

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 21, 2022, 08:55:04 pm »
Is the new update compatible with old saves?

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 28, 2022, 10:25:06 am »
Is it designed that when you play as a gray knights of the new gray knights can not get?

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 05, 2022, 01:16:37 pm »
Just noticed, there's a new version 033 that is now available
https://openxcom.mod.io/40k

changes :
Update 27.09.2022:

- New features require OXCE 7.7.3
- Add Eldar as playable faction for guard and Arbites after live Seer research
- Small visual bugfixes

Offline Ferago

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 19, 2022, 07:45:23 pm »
Can anyone explain how the order of troops in the chimera is decided? I know that each vehicle holds 8 slots but looking at it now the ninth guy in my list of troops is somehow in the fifth seat on the first ship. Being able to preview the deployment order is nice except since the troops load without their gear it's still complicated to plan your order.

Offline Lone Wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 24, 2022, 09:12:14 am »
Hey all, I am playing the guard campaign for ROSIGMA and I researched the topic for spawning the final mission.  However, it's been over two months in game and I haven't had anything fire.  How do I start the final mission? 

I am having waves of enemies showing up all over and a new UFO literally pops up every 5 seconds.  Even if I do nothing for an entire month it still takes me 10 min just to speed through the alert windows.  If I really do have to wait, is there a way to reduce the number of missions that spawn per month?  Or at least the number of UFOs? 

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 24, 2022, 10:19:15 am »
Fly to the Himalayas and keep your craft there "Patrolling" you should find the final base...then use the final craft (for IG Gorgon) to go there...but Gorgon...best way its to build a new base next to the final base...transfer there the Gorgon + squad + gear and do a short trip...because when I tried to move across the whole continent...well those endless spawns of UFOs destroyed my Gorgon and my 15+ fighter craft where not enough to protect it

Offline Lone Wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 25, 2022, 07:41:54 am »
Ok, I just did it and it worked!  Thanks, there were no hints that I needed to search for it.  The base idea is great too since I'm drowning in UFOs.  I appreciate the help! 

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 26, 2022, 10:12:24 am »
No hints at all?  :)
It's on the second page though, entirely possible to miss.

Upd: Searching for enemy bases is a good idea in 40k. Will help with your "number of UFOs" problem.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 10:17:42 am by Scamps »

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 04, 2023, 10:17:01 pm »
Finished my first full playthrough as SoB, and the faction sadly feels like an afterthought. Soldiers are weaker than marines, armors are worse than marines while being 5 times more expensive, half the tech tree is locked out with nothing unique to compensate for it, etc.

I used my standart troop carrier, standart armor, and standart bolters for the entire 80 hours, because everything I researched was ruinously expensive and at best a minor upgrade. 500 adamantium and 5 honor badges for an armor that has the same protection values plus a single-use energy shield? 20 badges for a 2x2 unit that dies to a single plasma autofire and has no ranged attack? Why do saints even get firing accuracy bonuses when they can't use guns? Why can I research power swords when even with full upgrades and armor sisters don't have enough strength to ever wield them? Literally the only upgrade I used in the entire game was the master crafted bolter ammo.

Also, the game crashed every time I attempted an eldar mission. Missing PCK for wraithguards.