Author Topic: Hardmode Expansion - Bugreports  (Read 94532 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Hardmode Expansion - Bugreports
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2016, 11:37:49 am »
HOWEVER, what bothers me is that if you lose the base defense mission, the soldiers in transit are deleted from the save file, rather than added to the memorial wall. This is obviously not game breaking and doesn't affect game play at all, but from a story perspective, I wish they were added to the RIP list rather than deleted. I started a thread on this in the suggestions section, but I guess others aren't too bothered by it.

I'll have a look at that.

Offline Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2016, 11:55:17 am »
Constantine, I can understand your frustrating with this game mechanic, but it might help to look at the logic another way. Don't think of it as the skyranger "falling" from the sky. If the aliens catch you by surprise with their base attack (and if you didn't detect it beforehand, then they did), then no one is able to send a message to warn the skyranger about the attack. So after you lose the base defense mission, the skyranger remains unaware and returns, right into an alien trap and that is why everyone is lost.

Nice point, Countdown. But as we see from gameplay, base and craft have two-way communication (base can direct craft, craft can show its properties for base). So when the base is destroyed it stops responding to craft. And by the way to other bases. From now on craft can understand the base is lost.

No, they don't break anything, all these features are optional, by default disabled and could be considered mods.

The feature you are proposing has problems (as you have pointed out yourself) with fuel and free hangars and thus cannot be implemented.

OK, that feature might also be optional. The problems arise, yes, and I stated them to elaborate solutions together. Countdown already pointed partial solution for second problem -- to sell a craft. Good one, but still not general.

I just want to say that if there is a little chance for user to save his craft and soldiers (in my savegame it definitely is) it should be used.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2016, 08:40:53 pm »
@ Constantine

I fixed the map Error you encountered, the tile was not correctly placed, thanks for that.
Looking forward to more bug reports =)

Offline marsmann

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2016, 04:33:01 pm »
Hey Hellrazor,

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but in the save attached i have many navigators from different spezies but I can't research them (well, I did research at least one of each race already, but I still need some for further progress).

Regards,
Marsmann

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2016, 05:17:07 pm »
Hey Hellrazor,

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but in the save attached i have many navigators from different spezies but I can't research them (well, I did research at least one of each race already, but I still need some for further progress).

Regards,
Marsmann

There are only three possible new researches left from the navigators.
The game seems to pick the first three in the listOrder and marks them as researchable.
All others do not seem to have any more use.
Alive Aliens will no longer be researchable, once all connected topics towards them are already researched.
So no big issue.

Offline Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »
Hi, Hellrazor.

A new bunch of bugs )

1. There are 3 different medic packs in game. They probably should have different Ufopaedia descriptions.
2. When I played mod first time, ufopaedia entry "NONE" confused me a little bit. Maybe rename it to "No armor" or "Coverall"?
3. A lot of misprints in Ufopaedia articles: Sibiria -> Siberia, australia -> Australia, religous -> religious, africa -> Africa, europe -> Europe, collusion -> collision, earth -> Earth (4 or 5 times), waering -> wearing, posses -> possess, posseses -> possesses, Astonishly -> Astonishingly, obidience -> obedience, obidient -> obedient, impenetreble -> impenetrable, representativs -> representatives.
4. Research tree: Grav shield is missing.
5. Research tree: some error with Elerium Bomb Launcher. I forgot what is exactly wrong there. Just check dependencies please.
6. In main menu go: Load game -> Original X-COM, see text on the left button.

BTW, cannot understand what is Alien data slate & Alien data core. They're kind hard to translate to Russian (my native). Could you explain what is it?

And what about translations? I could help with translation to Russian if you learn me how to do it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:13:12 pm by Constantine »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2017, 05:43:48 pm »
Hi, Hellrazor.

A new bunch of bugs )

1. There are 3 different medic packs in game. They probably should have different Ufopaedia descriptions.

Probably, i just use the same string for each of them as the normal medikit, because it explains on how to use the medikit and what each of the three options does. So far i was undecided what to do with this.
Any ideas?

2. When I played mod first time, ufopaedia entry "NONE" confused me a little bit. Maybe rename it to "No armor" or "Coverall"?

I renamed it to "JUMPSUIT" i think that makes it pretty clear :)

3. A lot of misprints in Ufopaedia articles: Sibiria -> Siberia, australia -> Australia, religous -> religious, africa -> Africa, europe -> Europe, collusion -> collision, earth -> Earth (4 or 5 times), waering -> wearing, posses -> possess, posseses -> possesses, Astonishly -> Astonishingly, obidience -> obedience, obidient -> obedient, impenetreble -> impenetrable, representativs -> representatives.

I am no native english speaker, so stuff like this can easily happen.
Corrected the mentioned strings, thx for that :)

4. Research tree: Grav shield is missing.
5. Research tree: some error with Elerium Bomb Launcher. I forgot what is exactly wrong there. Just check dependencies please.

4. Grav Shield is available after you research the Avenger Craft (only dependency for Grav Shield is "Ultimate Craft").
see here:
Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_GRAV_SHIELD
    cost: 1400
    listOrder: 704
    dependencies:
      - STR_ULTIMATE_CRAFT

5. Dependencies are as follows:
  - name: STR_HWP_EBOMB_LAUNCHER
    cost: 500
    listOrder: 302
    dependencies:
      - STR_HOVERTANK
      - STR_SMALL_LAUNCHER
      - STR_ELERIUM_BOMB
If you do not have them, it will of course never pop up to be researched. But the definition here is fine.
Untouched vanilla research topics have not been added towards the research tree graphic, maybe that was your confusion?

BTW, cannot understand what is Alien data slate & Alien data core. They're kind hard to translate to Russian (my native). Could you explain what is it?

They are alien items which contain important information, you can not obtain otherwise. Without a Alien Data Slate you will never get Laser Weapons and without the Alien Data Core, you will never understand how Plasma weapons work.
The slate is basically a alien tablet with encoded information on it. The core is a piece of alien computer containing important mathematical knowledge.

And what about translations? I could help with translation to Russian if you learn me how to do it.

The mod is still not finished and there will be many more strings added or replaced. So translating it into another language at the moment does not make much sense at least for me.
If you want to make a translation anyway, just check the "extraStrings.rul" it contains all the english strings, the mod adds on top off vanilla.

Offline Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2017, 01:30:44 pm »
Probably, i just use the same string for each of them as the normal medikit, because it explains on how to use the medikit and what each of the three options does. So far i was undecided what to do with this.
Any ideas?

Maybe specify number characteristics? I mean user should understand what exactly differs these three objects.

4. Yes, I know. Grav shield just is now depicted in the tree.

5. Hovertank dependency is not graphically shown in the tree.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2017, 03:16:17 am »
Maybe specify number characteristics? I mean user should understand what exactly differs these three objects.
I will add those.

4. Yes, I know. Grav shield just is now depicted in the tree.

I added the Grav shield towards the Research tree graphic.

5. Hovertank dependency is not graphically shown in the tree.

The dependencies for the HWP Ebomb Launcher is shown in the explosives tree.

Offline Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2018, 08:16:29 pm »
What about releasing new version? As we see, many bugs were fixed   :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2018, 07:34:52 pm »
What about releasing new version? As we see, many bugs were fixed   :)

Sorry for my late reply.
I had to focus on my real life in the past months so i really didn't had the time to mod.

The current last bugfixes, changes, additions which i have added, are listed here:

Version 0.99.3
 - Final Ressource File Restructure
 - Turning THUNDER by 90 degree (Unified Craft MapSize)
 - Fix Tile and Route issue for LINERSHIP00.MAP
 - Fix CRAFT spawn for CARGOSHIP
 - Fix Soldier Armor Repair in Research Tree Graphic
 - Fix Alien Grenade / Elerium Rocket Research and Graphic
 - Fix Wall issue for UFO_190m.MAP
 - Fix out of boundary nodes for some Maps
 - Fix missing usage information on medical items/drones
 - Fix Several extraStrings Typos
 - Fix Missing Name String for MALE_CIVILIAN
 - Fix mapScript for POLAR, MARSH and SWAMPS to reduce chance of UFO inaccessible
 - Fix Increase lategame weapon variety
 - Fix Tile and Route issue on EXPANDEDUBASE21
 - Fix Missing Halfed fundingCap
 - Fix missionZone values N/S Atlantic
 - Adjusted Raceweights slightly
 - Adjust Manufacture more to vanilla
 - Adjust Muton Race - Added Muton Elite Leaders
 - Adjust Stats for Muton Elites and Muton Elite Guards
 - Adjust Armor Damage Modifiers for Muton ELite, Muton Elite Guard, Holodrone, Armored Sectopod
 - Adjust Race composition, Ranks and Spawnnumber for Final Mission Stages
 - Added turned Versions for: UBASE_00
 - Added turned Versions for: UBASE_02
 - Added turned Versions for: UBASE_03
 - Added turned Versions for: UBASE_04
 - Added turned Versions for: UBASE_05
 - Added turned Versions for: UBASE_06
 - Added turned Versions for: UBASE_08
 - Added turned Versions for: UBASE_11
 - Added turned Versions for: UBASE_15
 - Added turned Versions for: EXPANDEDUBASE16
 - Added turned Versions for: EXPANDEDUBASE17
 - Added turned Versions for: EXPANDEDUBASE18 (Fake Brain Room)
 - Optimized Mapscript for Alien Bases
 - Optimized Mapscripot for Cydonia Final Assault
 - Added more Missions to Alien Bases to generate:
   - Alien Research
   - Alien Terror
   - Alien Abduction
   - Alien Retaliation
   - Alien Harvest
   - Ship Attack
   - Docked Ship
 - Added size check to Mapscripts and optimized spawns
 - Added proper Raceweights for Alien Retaliation
 - Added some more UfoPaedia articles for some research topics (mostly early games stuff)
 - Added SKYSTRIKER (Improved Skyranger)
 - Added Support Drones Mod
 - Added Support Drones Upgrade Manufacture
 - Added Commendations Mod
 - Added PSXCutscenes Mod
 - Changes to early game Research, Alien Alloy Techs are now fully available

I could release this if you like, even thou i really would at least finish the alien base maps, before doing so.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2018, 10:57:57 pm »
Hi. I use Ubuntu bionic. Could someone tell me how to use this expansion with OpenXcom Terror from the Deep. The game without mod works.  I put the files of this mod in the folder ~/.local/share/openxcom/mods/Hardmode_Expansion but don't see the effect of mod.
Thank you for attention.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2018, 11:01:29 pm »
This mod is for UFO, not TFTD, so you can't play it if you're playing Terror from the Deep.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2019, 03:03:21 pm »
Ruleset error:

- name: STR_UPGRADE_DRONE_SCOUT_TO_ALLOY_SCOUT
    category: STR_UPGRADE
    requires:
      - STR_SUPPORT_DRONES
      - STR_ALLOY_DRONE_ARMOR
    space: 10
    time: 450
    cost: 100000
    requiredItems:
      STR_ALIEN_ALLOYS: 8
      STR_DRONE_SCOUT: 1
    producedItems:
      STR_ALLOY_DRONE_SCOUT                 # <------------ missing quantity here, should be STR_ALLOY_DRONE_SCOUT: 1
    listOrder: 405
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:08:10 am by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2019, 09:08:23 am »
Ruleset error:

- name: STR_UPGRADE_DRONE_SCOUT_TO_ALLOY_SCOUT
    category: STR_UPGRADE
    requires:
      - STR_SUPPORT_DRONES
      - STR_ALLOY_DRONE_ARMOR
    space: 10
    time: 450
    cost: 100000
    requiredItems:
      STR_ALIEN_ALLOYS: 8
      STR_DRONE_SCOUT: 1
    producedItems:
      STR_ALLOY_DRONE_SCOUT                 # <------------ missing quantity here, should be STR_ALLOY_DRONE_SCOUT: 1
    listOrder: 405

Hi Meridian,

Please take a look at this hotfix here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3550.0;attach=39448
Also feel free to clone my github repo. It basically contains Version 0.99.4 currently work in progress but playable.