Author Topic: Hardmode Expansion - Bugreports  (Read 96012 times)

Offline Aytherio

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Hardmode Expansion - Bugreports
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2019, 06:46:09 pm »
Hello.
With expanded_ubase_reworked-1.3 installed almost every time when i'm playing alien base with silacoid i have same issue: stucked silacoid.
In first save silacoid fell down to unreachable place after burning floor tile, you could blow it up with high explosive.
In second save i was unable to find where it stucked but place contains visible unreachable zones(and i saw many unreachable places in other raids on alien bases).
In save 3 i found a place where silacoid stucked(soldier can't step on corner tile that marked in screenshot) and blown it up, but the beast survived.
In save 3.1 you could see how silacoid apears from nowhere after ending turn.
Also, i found that grenades explodes 1 turn early than it should: if i prime for 3 turns it exlodes right after second, if for 4 - after 3 turns and so on; i can't remember was such issue in vanilla or not, because i don't use delayed granades normally.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:57:17 pm by Aytherio »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2019, 06:56:31 pm »
Hello.
With expanded_ubase_reworked-1.3 installed almost every time when i'm playing alien base with silacoid i have same issue: stucked silacoid.
In first save silacoid fell down to unreachable place after burning floor tile, you could blow it up with high explosive.
In second save i was unable to find where it stucked but place contains visible unreachable zones(and i saw many unreachable places in other raids on alien bases).
In save 3 i found a place where silacoid stucked(soldier can't step on corner tile that marked in screenshot) and blown it up, but the beast survived.
In save 3.1 you could see how silacoid apears from nowhere.
Also, i found that grenades explodes 1 turn early than it should: if i prime for 3 turns it exlodes right after second, if for 4 - after 3 turns and so on; i can't remember was such issue in vanilla or not, because i don't use delayed granades normally.

Hi there, thanks for the savegame and the screnshots.
First of all you do not need to activate the expanded ubase mod, if you playing Hardmode Expansion. It is already fully included in the mod.

I will recheck the respective map modules you have posted and maybe i can find the errors in question.
I do have some time tomorrow morning, will report back to you then.

Offline Aytherio

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2019, 07:49:24 pm »
First of all you do not need to activate the expanded ubase mod, if you playing Hardmode Expansion. It is already fully included in the mod.
I could switch it off for current save game without any further problems with missing content?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2019, 08:08:30 pm »
I could switch it off for current save game without any further problems with missing content?

In this case yes, just don't do it in the middle of battle.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2019, 05:26:41 am »
Hello.
In save 3.1 you could see how silacoid apears from nowhere after ending turn.

I just took a look at the savegame files:

- "Aliens_Pick_Up_Weapons ver: 1.0"
  - "Advanced_Medikit ver: 1.0 Final"
  - "Alternate_Lightning_Thunder ver: 1.12 Final"
  - "Expanded_Terror_Reworked ver: 1.2 Final"
  - "Skystriker ver: 1.0"
  - "darkened-ufo-vanilla-variants ver: 1.2"
  - "expanded_ubase_reworked-1.3 ver: 1.3 Tactical Maze!"
  - "support-drones ver: 1.0"
  - "hm-scout-drone ver: 1.0"

All these mods are not needed to play hardmode, they are already a integrated part of it.

EDIT: Sorry for the delay, i rechecked the map modules in question on which you reported the stuck silacoids.
The maps itself do not have errors and the tiles are placed correctly.

What you call unreachable section, is reachable for units which can fly. E.g. for floater aliens or your own men when they have flying suits. The mapscript is tailored that only one of these modules should ever occur on a alien base map.
But since you mixed the mods i can not tell for sure, if the mapscript is still working as intended.

I recheck the MCD files for the fire resistance...

EDIT2:
After rechecking, i am using the vanilla file for the base ground tiles...
I increased the fire damage in the mod, this may lead to the fact that Silacoids can destroy groundtiles in alien bases.
Please use the attached U_BASE.MCD files. Just extract the zip and drop the files in the TERRAIN folder of Hardmode Expansion that should fix the issue occuring. (This will not work with battlescape savegames!)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 05:21:08 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Aytherio

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2019, 07:52:33 pm »
Thx for solving. )

Offline JackOfHearts

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2019, 05:17:42 pm »
Hey I keep getting an issue where the game crashes when generating certain UFO encounters.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/443557984736378881/578078982281625600/unknown.png?width=589&height=442
Also I can't seem to research Alien Entertainment even though I have some in my inventory. It's blocking me from learning psionics
Using the latest version of openxcom

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2019, 05:14:02 pm »
I'm currently playing v0.994d of your mod with OXCE of 19/05/19 and have no problems. However, if I try to update to OXCE of 11/06/19 the game won't start. I believe this is related to recent changes in OXCE-see attached.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3287.msg113764.html#msg113764

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2019, 07:27:40 pm »
Hey I keep getting an issue where the game crashes when generating certain UFO encounters.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/443557984736378881/578078982281625600/unknown.png?width=589&height=442
Also I can't seem to research Alien Entertainment even though I have some in my inventory. It's blocking me from learning psionics

Sorry for my late reply to your report.

Could you give the exact Version number of the OpenXcom Version you are using?
I will check your savegame file and the supposed failed mission generation as soon as i can.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2019, 07:29:35 pm »
I'm currently playing v0.994d of your mod with OXCE of 19/05/19 and have no problems. However, if I try to update to OXCE of 11/06/19 the game won't start. I believe this is related to recent changes in OXCE-see attached.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3287.msg113764.html#msg113764

Just saw that myself on the Github Tracker when checking it.
I will have to adjust the mod in regard to these changes.

The mod will function without these issues when using OpenXcom Version: https://openxcom.org/git_builds/openxcom_git_master_2019_06_05_1233.zip

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2019, 08:06:22 pm »

Please update the mod to the newest Version here located here: https://github.com/hellrazor4223/hardmode-expansion/archive/0.99.4.zip
Please also update OpenXcom to the following Version: https://openxcom.org/git_builds/openxcom_git_master_2019_06_05_1233.zip

There were some severe changes in regard to mission generation from Alien Bases.
STR_SHIP_ATTACK and STR_DOCKED_SHIP Mission should no longer be invoked by Alien Bases.

Please use the attached savegame file after you update OpenXcom to the recommended version and the Mod to the newest Version.
I only removed the STR_SHIP_ATTACK Mission completely, they will still occur but will be started from other triggers.

Regarding the Research issue. I will have to check later. Thank you for your patience.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2019, 06:33:59 pm »

I took the time to recheck your savegame file in regard of the Research of the Alien Entertainment.
There seems to be no technical issue.
Just capture and interrogate a Alien Medic, then the research will be visible. You will need one additional Alien Medic for unlocking the PSI Amp research. So make sure you capture 2.

Would you mind giving me a short review, what you liked, disliked and what should be changed adapted in your opinion in the mod? If you like so please do so here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3550.0.html

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2019, 04:08:33 pm »
My current game crashes if I attempt to do alien base 18-see attached. The first two attachments are from hardmode expansion v0.996(master) and the last two are using hardmode expansion v0.995. To recreate crash load save "RESERVE", go to AB18, DEBUG and end your turn.  In the meantime, I can simply avoid going to that particular base.

PS This problem seems to also affect the "armored cyberdisc weapon"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 04:33:23 pm by SIMON »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2019, 09:11:12 pm »
My current game crashes if I attempt to do alien base 18-see attached. The first two attachments are from hardmode expansion v0.996(master) and the last two are using hardmode expansion v0.995. To recreate crash load save "RESERVE", go to AB18, DEBUG and end your turn.  In the meantime, I can simply avoid going to that particular base.

PS This problem seems to also affect the "armored cyberdisc weapon"

Thanks SIMON, i gonna check this.
It seems this is related towards the changes in the terrorwaepon indexing. Which was introduced a while ago.
Thought i overworked those correctly.
[FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Invlid surface set 'BIGOBS.PCK' for item 'ARMORED_SECTOPOD_WEAPON': not enough frames

Btw. the difference between 0.99.6 to 0.99.5 are marginal you can safely use your old savegame with 0.99.6 master.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2019, 09:21:17 pm »
Code: [Select]
#BEGIN ARMORED SECTOPOD WEAPON
  - type: ARMORED_SECTOPOD_WEAPON
    weight: 3
    bigSprite: 60
    floorSprite: 31

There is no bigob sprite 60 defined in your mod (or in vanilla OG sprites).

If you want to access sprites from other mods (in this case from xcom1 mod), you need to specify it, below are two ways how to do it:

bigSprite: { mod: xcom1, index: 60 }

or

bigSprite: { mod: master, index: 60 }

More info: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_(OpenXcom)#Negative_indices_and_cross-referencing_other_mods