aliens

Author Topic: Craft Weapons DPS Spreadsheet  (Read 23247 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Craft Weapons DPS Spreadsheet
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 07:48:53 pm »
incidental fact 120 mm is actually quite small for warship armament on any true warship for that era let alone a battleship. For example the main guns mounted on the nazi cruiser Scharnhorst where 283 mm.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 08:22:23 pm »
I got my battleship and tank weapons mixed up... oops!  I was thinking the 16-inch deck guns of an Iowa-class battleship, but had the diameter of the Abrams tank's main gun stuck in my head.  So not flying battleships, more like flying tanks.  Which is still cool, but much less so.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 08:31:47 pm »
Finished my initial work on modelling damage dealt to a shipping, based on the number and type of weapons you're using, the target, and how long you're willing to leave the lead interceptor under fire.  Now you can figure out just how many guns you need to take down that battleship! (82, if you're using only 25 mm cannons and a shielded Kraken as lead interceptor)

It's based on data mined from https://ufopaedia.org, so it may be a little out of date until the wiki gets updated or I do more ruleset diving.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:42:04 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 08:43:24 pm »
Yeah it is outdated a bit, eg. Battleship has 7500 HP not 5000.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 08:53:33 pm »
If user account creation is re-allowed at some point for https://ufopaedia.org, I was planning on updating the craft/shipping information.

Can someone check if using the drop-down buttons for the Damage Modelling sheet works from the link?  I just updated the sharing permissions, so changing those should be allowable.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 10:43:10 pm »
I just found out how to use some of the database functions and how to import data from https://ufopaedia.org tables into the spreadsheet <snip>

Just be aware that the Ufopaedia.org tables for the ship weapons have not be brought up to date for some time now.  If you find any discrepancies with those and the current ruleset, please let me know, I'll be happy to update it. :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 10:54:22 pm »
Give me a little time to ruleset dive, and I can give you an updated version of the tables - would it be useful to have them in the HTML format?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 12:10:20 am »
Give me a little time to ruleset dive, and I can give you an updated version of the tables - would it be useful to have them in the HTML format?

To be honest it doesn't really matter.  The wiki formatting is crazy, and I'll have to find each value and change it.  Still, very much worthit. :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 01:58:44 am »
Okay, I'll link you a spreadsheet with updated data and highlight the changes/additions when I get a chance.

Also, edit to the damage model to make it more user-friendly to pick your interceptors/weapons, although it doesn't check to see if you put weapons on a zeppelin or something like that.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 03:28:36 pm »
The dodge bonuses listed in the bootypedia don't match avoidBonus in the ruleset - Dioxine, is avoidBonus subtracted from the UFO's accuracy instead of a multiplicative factor?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 06:16:12 pm »
It's substracted/added, never multiplied (same with craft acc. bonuses). The Bootypedia values are reflecting standard 60% chance to hit on part of enemy vessels.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 08:10:15 pm »
Lo and behold the threadcromancy!

Finally got around to updating the interception modeling on a new  spreadsheet, now more accurate with handling for difficulty level, approach speed, and pilot bonuses!  Also, it updates with the wiki, so there's a little less maintenance on my end.  Link here, and in first post.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 06:22:20 pm »
I've added a page for calculating DPS and the costs of firing your weapons, so it's now easier to min-max to your heart's content!

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2016, 03:58:09 pm »
Yeah it is outdated a bit, eg. Battleship has 7500 HP not 5000.

I was preparing to do aircombat with a Battleship and did some ruleset digging to get stats. The 0.99C ruleset has the Battleship with 3500 HP (damageMax) and weapon power 150. Is this how it should be?

As a side note: Since Piratez craft can have armor/shields, enemy vessels should also have them. So that 25mm cannons can't hurt a battleship. I guess implementing that would need a change in the code, but maybe it's easy enough to be worth doing.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2016, 04:19:16 pm »
Were you looking at the entry for STR_BATTLESHIP or STR_SOTL?  What was the battleship in vanilla is now called a cruiser, and the Piratez actual battleship is in fact, much scarier.

Also, while you're ruleset digging, have a look at a ship called silver towers - it's starting to go that armor/shields direction for you...