aliens

Author Topic: How to build the Conqueror?  (Read 13958 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
How to build the Conqueror?
« on: May 02, 2016, 07:05:23 pm »
....cause holy hell the building components for the conqueror. This thing is gona need an entire dedicated base just to assemble.

Would you consider developing idea this further, that we can get a Conqueror Manufacturing base design up on the wiki? ;)  Feel free to post in the bootypedia thread, or start a new one. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: How to build the Conqueror?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:08:43 pm »
It's intened that building a Conqeror is very hard to do efficiently w/o a factory base with huge storage space.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 07:51:29 pm »
i will happily send what i discover along ivan, when i figure it out for myself. Right now im still trying to wrap my brain around the sheer scale of the problem. As an example 25k hellirum is well...a thing

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 07:53:43 pm »
i will happily send what i discover along ivan, when i figure it out for myself. Right now im still trying to wrap my brain around the sheer scale of the problem. As an example 25k hellirum is well...a thing

:o
2500 storage?  (each one being .1 size)
*Brain Breaks

Edit: that alone is 20 armored vaults.\

Edit 2:  and a quick pencil figuring a Factory 3X3 and a 2X2 hangar.... gobbles up 13 of 36 tiles. 23 left. Not much room for runts after that.

Ok, Edit 3: just compared the Wiki and ruleset. Fortunately its not 25,000 fuel directly, but rather converted to 500 fuel capsules. Still 500 inventory space, but those could be manufactured offsite and shipped in.  Looks like I need to update the manufacturing page too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:11:12 pm by ivandogovich »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 07:57:47 pm »
:o
2500 storage?  (each one being .1 size)
*Brain Breaks

Edit: that alone is 20 armored vaults.

You can just move all your slaves there... now that it's possible.

Too bad some of us don't have slaves :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 08:00:33 pm »
Yeah but you can build them separately from the ship itself. I mean, converting hellerium to Fuel Capsules. That cuts down storage space requirement to 500. Other components aren't that crazy... yet, in the 1.0 you will be building the Conqueror from several large components (which can actually help, as you will build them more gradually). So the final assembly base probably needs only something around 1000 storage space.

Edit: slaves may help, but you'd need an insane number of them to make any difference. Some Slaves may be later upgraded to Servants that are 3x more effective, but still.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:02:50 pm by Dioxine »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 08:50:12 pm »
Even with support offsite sub assembly happening and needing 1000 storage(or more in present form still computing figures) that's 8 tiles for storage, 4 for hanger, 9 for factory, 1 for power station, 10 tiles for luxury barracks to full staff factory(100 workshop space premium on conqueror so only 350 runts), defens.....oh wait already nearly at 36 tiles. That said 350 runts on the project build it in a mere 17 days and some hours.

Okay placing factory corner to corner with hanger cuts defensive block-out to 3 tiles while maintaining integrity. 33 tiles left -8 storage -10 for factory and power station -10 barracks -4 hanger=1 tile remaining.

Assign spare tile as further armored vault so garrison has gear space. 36 of barracks space devoted to garrison/crew. 314 runts on build. Time to complete:19.9 days.

Time to build base......significant particularly since you must begin with an edge board lift if you wish to have the defensive block-outs.

Guesstimate build time 4-5 months.

On the subject of defense i feel you must invest in garrison and block-outs as the base will never stand off large vessel attacks(only hybrid defenses and no grav shield). Also no shroud and near max size. Loseing this base at any stage would be a huge blow in time and resources.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 09:20:48 pm »
@legionof1
Hmm... not sure I'm following.  Can you take a look at this?

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Talk:Hideouts_%28Piratez%29

I'm seeing two empty spots available. Also not sure what you mean by corner to corner.

@Dioxine: We've horribly thread jacked this.  Can you break the conqueror manufacturing off to its own thread?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 09:42:04 pm »
Splitted. Also, garrison wise, you might use tanks, maybe... Or build a Shroud, lay low, and hope for the best.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 09:56:36 pm »
i ment like this.

HHX
HHX
LVFFF
    FFF
    FFF  L=lift H=hanger X=empty V= vault

Haveing the factory directly linking to either the lift or the hanger is a bad idea since it unlike the lift and hanger is vulnerable to collapse from damage. loseing a vault or barracks is minor issue. Loseing the factory is months of time to rebuild. It also need to be close to the lift to cut down on overall build time for base.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 10:19:03 pm »
 :D  ok, I'm following you better!

This format allows you to plop down the lift, and immediately build Hangar, Power, Armored Vaults and Luxury Barracks.  20 days later, the Factory can start. Its a matter of time and prioritizing Barracks then stores to complete this design.

Two more barracks to fill in the gaps, adds another 70 runts, and their increased manhours, and would border the Hangar with barracks.  I know this can be a matter of preference, as some prefer to surround access points (hangars, lifts) with player spawn points in the barracks (I'm looking at you, Arthanor).  Immediate rocket fire on the invaders in the hangars can be a great way to destabilize them before they can organize an attack.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 10:38:29 pm »
Looks good. Another 70 runts means diddly as your only 36 below max capacity if you garrison with the eventual crew. 36 runt is a difference of only ~2 days.

If i did fill those slots i would make it an extractor and.... fusion core?(i dont remember if the capsules need it). Adding the exctractor allows you to crank out the hellirum in large amounts while the base is in progress to full storage.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 10:43:20 pm »
If i did fill those slots i would make it an extractor and.... fusion core?(i dont remember if the capsules need it). Adding the exctractor allows you to crank out the hellirum in large amounts while the base is in progress to full storage.

Yup! Does need Fusion! Right then! Extractor, and Fusion will go into the plan!  Thanks for the brainstorming!

Edit: This base also has a defense value of 4750.  I'm not sure how this stacks up, but it sounds impressive!

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Talk:Hideouts_%28Piratez%29#Conqueror_Project_Hideout
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:50:57 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 11:35:54 pm »
yay! Who cares for defensive piratez? What's that even supposed to mean? Go (for) big (boom), go for the throat (with as fancy of a sword as you can find) or go home!

It looks like a pretty good design, and just enough runts to take advantage of the factory (350 + 100 for the conqueror = 450 of the factory?).

I would switch the power supply with either the barrack of vault, so that you are less likely to fight in it and getting it destroyed. Ideally, have something like what I attached.

Then yeah, fill the other two squares with a garrison, or more storage for a tank/dog/parrot/other HWP (cyberdiscs could be cool? great reaction fire on those) garrison.

Since the conqueror is "just" a craft, surely it can sit in any hangar? That means you don't need to keep its crew on the factory base, you can send it to your main base once it is ready? I guess if you want to go as soon as it is refuelled..

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 11:49:01 pm »
good point about the powerstation.  I've updated the design. :)