Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949566 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.8.9 alpha: The Mummy's Curse
« Reply #1770 on: May 16, 2018, 04:41:22 pm »
Yes, I usually respond to this question in relation to Piratez, sorry. :)

What exactly do you mean? Terrains? Missions? Enemies?
Sorry, i should have clarified this better - i meant a mission akin to the one wiht the ice-buried temple. Some kind of ancient underground/sunken structure where you have to recover (or disable) some piece of forgotten technology. Mostly the terrain though - i really dig those sunken/underground temples.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1771 on: May 16, 2018, 05:50:28 pm »
Sorry, i should have clarified this better - i meant a mission akin to the one wiht the ice-buried temple. Some kind of ancient underground/sunken structure where you have to recover (or disable) some piece of forgotten technology. Mostly the terrain though - i really dig those sunken/underground temples.

There are already several such missions. If you want something different, you must be more specific.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 16, 2018, 07:28:33 pm »
There are underground missions and the Shogg ones, but (unless i'm mistaken) none with the a buried temple. I don't want to draw this out unecessarily, but i would love to the see is the PYRAMIDICE map adapted for X-Com Files.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 16, 2018, 08:04:27 pm »
For fun...

One thing I find very annoying is the enemies who get up the next lap despite the bludgeoning.
Do you ever intend to add the "Tranquilizer" object?  :-[   ;)

Tranquilizer Mod by Civilian (Oct. 2014)

Translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 16, 2018, 08:54:04 pm »
For fun...

One thing I find very annoying is the enemies who get up the next lap despite the bludgeoning.
Do you ever intend to add the "Tranquilizer" object?  :-[   ;)

Tranquilizer Mod by Civilian (Oct. 2014)

There are many stunning tools... And with the next version we'll also have unarmed attacks :)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 17, 2018, 11:33:30 pm »
BTW, the description for the Ion Blaster states that the weapon emits "erratic streams of hot plasma", while the weapon itself does laser damage. Do you have any plans of switching the damage type to plasma, making the Ion Blaster an early, experimental plasma weapon?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 18, 2018, 12:05:39 am »
BTW, the description for the Ion Blaster states that the weapon emits "erratic streams of hot plasma", while the weapon itself does laser damage. Do you have any plans of switching the damage type to plasma, making the Ion Blaster an early, experimental plasma weapon?

Good point. I will think about this. :P

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 18, 2018, 04:06:22 pm »
Small question regarding the medi-gas grenade: Is it actually any more effective at stunning than the smoke grenade? Both do choke damage, but the medi grenade does 45 while the smoke grenade does 60

Offline swivelchair

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 26, 2018, 01:07:56 am »
Hey I really love this mod! I love the x files tv show and the x com games so this mod is like a dream come true. The only thing im confused about is that I think some things aren't showing up that should be. I have version 0.8.8 but I literally have never seen any of the shogg, t'leth or cyberweb stuff. Maybe Im just not far enough in yet but I thought i would have seen at least some of it by now, I have gotten all the way to 1999 with the alien base raids.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 26, 2018, 02:33:25 am »
To start seeing Cyberweb you need to research durathread and its production, then interrogate a Red Dawn Coordinator to unlock and research durathread origins.  T'leth needs you to interrogate the deep ones that appear on some Church of Dagon missions or on their own after you eliminate the church, and then do a few additional researches after that.  To go into Shogg, you need the artifacts that rarely appear on cave missions.  In my experience Cthonites were more common than Shogg natives, but they appeared eventually.

Does this help?

Offline swivelchair

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 26, 2018, 04:18:53 am »
Yes very helpful! thank you. I had always avoided durathread stuff because the factory mission always wrecked me. And I didnt know you could interrogate deep ones, I assumed they were non intelligent. And I have never had a cave mission so there you go. XD Just missed alot of stuff just barely.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 26, 2018, 05:40:57 am »
I believe the caves need you to research a live giant spider and a live shambler, if you haven't done so yet.

Offline swivelchair

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 27, 2018, 05:55:26 am »
Okay great thank you! I had gotten a live spider but not a shambler. One more question sorry, what is needed to trigger promotion 2? I have gotten it before in previous play throughs but I always have trouble getting it again.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 27, 2018, 09:36:32 am »
Okay great thank you! I had gotten a live spider but not a shambler. One more question sorry, what is needed to trigger promotion 2? I have gotten it before in previous play throughs but I always have trouble getting it again.

You must collect all 4 extra staff members.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 27, 2018, 11:13:45 am »
Woah, woah, how far you made it, Sol!
IRL issues (my old laptop was stolen, argh) forced me to stay out of most net recources for a while but I am glad to see XCF so close to 1.0. Hope I will have some time to glance at new version.
Last time I played XCF (six months ago, OMG) it was 0.7.5b - are those saves compatible with 0.8.9?