Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New  (Read 2003655 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.6 alpha: The Towering Inferno
« Reply #1080 on: March 08, 2017, 07:28:58 pm »
Yeah, I heard about it already on Discord. Apparently there is some bug in the new exe. Definitely not a mod problem, since to do that I'd need to change manually each problematic tile in MCDEdit separately, then copy the files to the game... Or somehow do it through MCDPatches, and I don't even know how off the top of my head. :P

So please have some patience, once Meridian sorts it out, I'll release a fixed version (including some other minor updates, like the Silacoid nerf).

What I reported is most probably unrelated to this.

And even if it was related... I'm definitely not sorting it out myself as it is not my code. We'll need to wait for Ohartenstein or Yankes.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1081 on: March 08, 2017, 07:32:13 pm »
What I reported is most probably unrelated to this.

And even if it was related... I'm definitely not sorting it out myself as it is not my code. We'll need to wait for Ohartenstein or Yankes.

OK, sorry - I don't know exactly who did which part.

Should I report it to Yankes too?

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 08, 2017, 07:34:29 pm »
Silacoids are 100% thermal immune : Fire does jack shit period to them, and they leave a trail of fire when they move anyway.

And because they are immune, the morale is a non issue, as it only happens if HURT by it. This is why someone on the edge of a incendiary grenade stays calm, while a guy who has one blow up under him panics for 2 turns, because the higher flame damage means higher morale damage.

in short, no damage, no morale hit.

On top of that, they have thick armor, armor pierce, explosive resistance, and a decent chunk of HP. Normally it takes an entire squads worth of fire before lasers to take them down, and after, it takes an auto shot or 2 of lasers.

In short, now they are mean bastards, basically heavily armored mutons with a bucket full of primed incendiary grenades ::)

On the other side, fighting them, the fire makes it horrific. Most armor doesn't do anything against it, it spreads fast, it causes panic spirals, and can burn many agents alive in 1 go.

This, coupled with needing a dozen hits to kill, prior to promotion 1, makes them an absolute death sentence early on.. ...I think id rather face an ethereal guarded by crysalids. At least those die when I shoot them  :D

Bug in the new EXE
I see.. Well, thats one heck of a bug, but it did make me laugh, and was amusing to say the least... Maybe you could combine this effect with a bomb defusal mission, as a penalty for shooting bombs?

They were unfair

To be honest, I'm unable to really play the new update much with the gamebreaking "everything is high explosive" glitch (as hilarious as it is) so I'm unable to comment on the new changes for them. Also, maybe pushing them back slightly more would help, as prior to promotion 3,  I'm honestly unsure if they CAN be killed, short of TNT spam...... which complicates the problem of their ranged attack, given that they are clumsy, and hard to throw.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 08, 2017, 07:38:44 pm »

There were a lot of changes that went into the new EXE, from pulling in a new nightly to Yankes adding some new features, and then merging in my code.  Likely it's some strange interaction between all of these.  I don't have much time to debug right now, but I will take a look at it as soon as I can.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 08, 2017, 11:42:19 pm »
Anyone have save that can reproduce this bug? Fast test do not show it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 09, 2017, 12:04:33 am »
Anyone have save that can reproduce this bug? Fast test do not show it.

Firsttefl1 posted one here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4595.msg80345.html#msg80345

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 09, 2017, 12:14:26 am »
I just tested both of those saves, and no explode-y terrain for me.  This seems weird, perhaps it has something to do with compiling under different conditions?  I'll try making a windows .exe instead of the one I made for Ubuntu and see if I get it there.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 09, 2017, 12:23:26 am »
Old version of X-Files mod and with OXCE (without +) work without explosions.

Offline Dreamsicle

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 09, 2017, 03:43:03 am »
On my compiled Arch exe, I wasn't able to duplicate the explosion on the turn 1 save (not sure where to shoot at) but shooting the corpse on the turn 2 save does trigger the explosion. I compiled the code last night. Should I attach my exe, zip the code I compiled with, or both?

EDIT: On the turn 1 save, shooting the stones the agent is facing does not trigger the explosion on the first turn, but shooting it next turn does trigger an explosion
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:47:58 am by Dreamsicle »

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 09, 2017, 04:43:09 am »
That is because its tied to tile damage, I think. Smaller guns, and sturdier tiles need more damage, or higher damage rolls.

and stones have a pretty high damage tolerance, compared to say, a gas stations wall.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 09, 2017, 11:49:54 am »
I just tested both of those saves, and no explode-y terrain for me.  This seems weird, perhaps it has something to do with compiling under different conditions?  I'll try making a windows .exe instead of the one I made for Ubuntu and see if I get it there.

Old version of X-Files mod and with OXCE (without +) work without explosions.

It happens on both OXCE and OXCE+.
Every time you fire last bullet from your gun, explosion happens.

Screenshot with responsible code attached.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 09, 2017, 12:17:05 pm »

The case is closed.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 09, 2017, 02:17:27 pm »

Hail Meridian, wizard of bugfixes! I would've never guessed that, I just assumed it was my code that was somehow buggering the terrain.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 09, 2017, 04:23:05 pm »
Yes, great job, thanks!

Are there any other problems apart from the explosions and the vertical node connections?

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 09, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »
I recall seeing a few typos in the UFOPEDIA, but I didn't mark which ones >.< doesn't help I rolled the update because this glitch was bonkers (but admit-ably, a cool code idea)