Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950269 times)

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.7: Spectral Entities
« Reply #4995 on: January 09, 2023, 01:25:46 pm »
If they all tried, I'm sure it'd take a lot longer.
When they try, they still have to approach the cover. If they overextend, they leave themselves open, and also group up. And only few of them have grenades. That just compliments hit-and-run tactics. Think zombies, but sectoids.
If you stacked weapon mastery like crazy, someone with like 150 Melee and 50 strength could have a slight chance of passing the rear armour. But, yeah, I overlooked the stun resist.
Still not enough.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: January 09, 2023, 01:41:10 pm »
When they try, they still have to approach the cover. If they overextend, they leave themselves open, and also group up.
No, there were like three dogs in quite partial cover who got hit pretty reliably: Reks, Pudding and Boo Boo. They just needed to shoot more and aim more. Not sure why Brutal AI was so miserable about it.

And opening themselves up is meaningless, your dogs didn't have ranged weapons, were in melee rush range anyway, and the Sectoids were dead either way.

Think zombies, but sectoids.
Zombies are pretty deadly if they manage to overrun you.

Still not enough.
Yah, missed armor effectiveness, too. :-[ Fisticuffs are just bad against so much armour.

Offline Slow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: January 11, 2023, 06:20:30 pm »
Please, limit the number of manors that can spawn. Two or three per faction would be enough.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: January 11, 2023, 06:35:07 pm »
Gaiz, why do enforcers have such problems with endurance?))) It looks like this. You quickly get somewhere, and then you take a maximum of 4-5 steps in a turn. Often you need to accumulate stamina for two turns just to wave a power baton.

--- posts merged - Solarius Scorch ---

Please, limit the number of manors that can spawn. Two or three per faction would be enough.
Weakling...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 05:04:31 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: January 11, 2023, 07:44:57 pm »
Gaiz, why do enforcers have such problems with endurance?
You mean these guys?

Their batteries run out. No, I'm serious, that's exactly what happens.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: January 11, 2023, 09:54:51 pm »
You mean these guys?

Their batteries run out. No, I'm serious, that's exactly what happens.
In the original, the enforcer will give odds to anyone in terms of mobility and endurance. Try to find such a running-jumping indefatigable creature. So it's not canon...

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: January 11, 2023, 10:46:48 pm »
Well, the poor guy got saddled with much bigger legs in this timeline, and Able Standard is refusing to come out of his room...

...wait, does this mean you actually played Enforcer? :o

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: January 12, 2023, 06:12:33 am »
Do not place a limit on the manors. I enjoy my experience farms for solo/dual agents.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: January 12, 2023, 12:35:07 pm »
After replaying this game on a second run, I never realized how difficult those "Cult forward bases" were in the early stages with semi-experienced soldiers.
Safe houses and Cult investigations are a piece of cake. But those Cult Forward bases. A little tough.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: January 12, 2023, 12:52:57 pm »
If there are 2 promos, then there is nothing complicated. The only thing is that in case of an unsuccessful respawn, you have to wait a month and fly in again. It was really difficult to attack the new red Dawn headquarters. I attacked him 4 times in the current ironman difficulty game and suffered huge losses until I realized that all I had to do to win was steal a floppy disk.

Offline amokk_gw

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: January 12, 2023, 03:32:50 pm »
I love some of the more rare monster missions like Bloodmoon with the white werewolfs and the Spidernest. I think it would be cool to flesh out the monster arcs a bit more. I'd also love an alternate progression route through monsters rather than the cults.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: January 12, 2023, 10:28:47 pm »
I love some of the more rare monster missions like Bloodmoon with the white werewolfs and the Spidernest. I think it would be cool to flesh out the monster arcs a bit more. I'd also love an alternate progression route through monsters rather than the cults.
The third promo can be explored through the arch of monsters, caves and the underground threat, as far as I understand.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: January 14, 2023, 02:45:44 pm »
Something else: I find it curious that there are no commendations for using medical items. And commendations for psi-stuff seem almost entirely absent from OXC(E) itself, barring the totalSlaveKills one.

Edit: Another thing, about the "Winners Don't Use Drugs" event. Testing prominent MMA fighters for performance-enhancing drugs and hitting them with arrests, fines, bans and whatnot was really not a thing in the 1990s. It was and to an entirely too large extent still is a joke how little MMA organisers care about doping.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 11:17:16 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: January 15, 2023, 06:34:17 am »
And commendations for psi-stuff seem almost entirely absent from OXC(E) itself, barring the totalSlaveKills one.
If you mean mind controlling-related, then sure. Otherwise, psi-weapons are just regular weapons and there is Sorcerer commend for them in XCF.
Also, there's weird situation that when you MC, you get the kills of a puppet. Which means, you can get Mauler and Hunter-killer if you MC a dog or a robot.

Offline Tierre

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: January 16, 2023, 03:27:59 pm »
I have an issue with zombie soldiers.... I had only 2 of them in 1 mission (something with failed MAGMA experiments). I got both of thme stunned and researched and then spent them on Blood Plasma.... and i neede their corpse to make power armor O_O And now i don't know where to find another one.... I already finished the ark of mummies, but it took game years and 5 castles and 10 temples - no zombie soldiers... so i guess it was a unique one? And now i need to restart a game so that i take that one soldier and kill the MF so i can progress to Power Armor?