Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949301 times)

Offline Jwinsler

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.9e2: Summertime Lovin'
« Reply #2700 on: August 12, 2019, 07:55:36 pm »
Some other questions. So I downloaded the XcomFiles, moved my UFO(not TFTD) stuff to the openxcomExtended folder, but then I read it also needed TFTD stuff? I moved that last night but im like already on year 1998, did this bug anything out?

Also where can I edit the spawn rate of missions? Love the mod but I feel like it throws way too many missions at me one after another, sometimes like 3-4 all on the map at once and this is just with 1 base.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: August 12, 2019, 08:09:52 pm »
Some other questions. So I downloaded the XcomFiles, moved my UFO(not TFTD) stuff to the openxcomExtended folder, but then I read it also needed TFTD stuff?
Where did you read that?

Also where can I edit the spawn rate of missions? Love the mod but I feel like it throws way too many missions at me one after another, sometimes like 3-4 all on the map at once and this is just with 1 base.
IIRC that would be in the missionscripts.rul, but don't ask me how exactely - i'd suggest you read up on the ruleset reference. Keep in mind that progression is slow in the beginning, and you probably won't be able to take on every mission that spawns.

BTW what difficulty are you're playing on?

Offline Jwinsler

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: August 12, 2019, 08:17:51 pm »
Where did you read that?
IIRC that would be in the missionscripts.rul, but don't ask me how exactely - i'd suggest you read up on the ruleset reference. Keep in mind that progression is slow in the beginning, and you probably won't be able to take on every mission that spawns.

BTW what difficulty are you're playing on?

Dunno, maybe I read wrong, also im on beginner when im used to veteran but was getting destroyed. Eventually I kept getting Cult Safehouses/Outposts instead of Aprehensions and 4 guy squads were having a real hard time with them, and some monster missions were outright unwinnable.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: August 12, 2019, 09:59:56 pm »
You might want to check your research and progression.

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: August 12, 2019, 11:40:52 pm »
Jwinsler, you were not getting "destroyed". Many, many missions are outright unwinnable. But the first half of the game is outright unloseable. Abort everything dangerous and you really can't go wrong until 50 hours in. Not how I would prefer the game to be, but that's how it is.

Offline Jwinsler

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: August 13, 2019, 01:47:33 am »
You might want to check your research and progression.

Whats a good path?

Jwinsler, you were not getting "destroyed". Many, many missions are outright unwinnable. But the first half of the game is outright unloseable. Abort everything dangerous and you really can't go wrong until 50 hours in. Not how I would prefer the game to be, but that's how it is.

Okay that makes me happier.

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: August 13, 2019, 02:37:27 am »
Pick logistics first, focus on promotions, blackops, research facilities and armor upgrades over fairly usless stuff like a crowbar.

Offline Jwinsler

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: August 13, 2019, 06:45:39 am »
Pick logistics first, focus on promotions, blackops, research facilities and armor upgrades over fairly usless stuff like a crowbar.

What about weapons? Theres so many early on.

Also what does the XCOM Command center do? Its 3 mil.

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: August 13, 2019, 07:36:09 am »
HQ is a small research center that doesn't require any tech and gives a radar bonus. Wouldn't recommend it. You can find this out by clicking the info button on its UFOpaedia page.

Early game weapon progression is generally (but not always) Colt->Deagle/Magnum->BlackOps Rifle->FAL

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: August 13, 2019, 08:51:31 am »
What about weapons? Theres so many early on.

Pistols. Good pistol for the rookies - Beretta (average accu with lowest TU-cost for snat shooting). It's usable till you research BlackOps pistol. Default Magnum is not bad for the beginning (against big targets with low armor and high HP). BlackOps pistol is the best. On mid-range combat its more effective than most of rifles, except UAC rifle.
SMGs. As for me I don't use most of them. Well, if you'll be lucky you can obtain P90 - it is the best (ignores 20% of armor).
Rifles. All of them which use 5,57 caliber bullets - ignores 10% of armor.
Sniper rifles. Well, it's simple - use the most damageable, but remember about accuracy modificator (give them only to that soldiers who have accuracy 80 or higher)
Chainguns. Well, as for me I don't use them except Minigun - it's useful on high populated maps (cult outposts/bases/HQs, Apocalypse).

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: August 13, 2019, 03:01:20 pm »
What do you mean, "re-training"? The agents get removed from the training schedule and can't be re-entered as they'Ve reached their max. training stats.
Now I understand, thanks!

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com Files Changelog
« Reply #2711 on: August 13, 2019, 03:04:18 pm »
Hey good man, 
Could you please consider inserting dates for each up next version?
This message self destructs in 3... 2... 1... delete it :D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Re: X-Com Files Changelog
« Reply #2712 on: August 13, 2019, 09:27:21 pm »
Hey good man, 
Could you please consider inserting dates for each up next version?
This message self destructs in 3... 2... 1... delete it :D

I guess I can, but what do you mean? The zip file?

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 14, 2019, 12:31:05 am »
Some other questions. So I downloaded the XcomFiles, moved my UFO(not TFTD) stuff to the openxcomExtended folder, but then I read it also needed TFTD stuff? I moved that last night but im like already on year 1998, did this bug anything out?
No, it doesn't need the original TFTD files. It does use resources based off TFTD, but they are distributed with the mod.

Offline Jwinsler

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: August 14, 2019, 03:16:20 am »
What benefit is there aside from little writing snippets for researching the same things multiple times? Generally things like Hunting License, and captured alive things?