Author Topic: [Suggestion] Salvage Armor  (Read 2949 times)

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
[Suggestion] Salvage Armor
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:24:21 pm »
I've started a new relatively hard modded campaign, exploding weapons etc, so I suffer a lot of losses. Which leads to a lot personal armor and power-armor having to be made from scratch with new resources.

A lot of X-com is essentially about salvage from wreckage, something that is at odds with our soldiers armor.

I feel that loss of life shouldn't render armor unsalvageable 100% of the time, rather in my opinion the armor should yield either a wreaked or compromised suit, that can be broken down or repaired.

i.e: Powersuit[repaired] requires (Wreaked Powersuit*4 + Resource) |or| (Compromised Powersuit + Resource)

i.e: Personal Armor[repaired] requires (Wreaked PA*2 + Resource/2) |or| (Compromised PA + Resource)

And connected to an extent is general salvage recovery via deconstruction, recovering a percentage of the resources it would otherwise cost to construct said item, for example plasma ammo.

Perhaps there's a mod out there like this, if so please let me know.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [Suggestion] Salvage Armor
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 10:26:37 pm »
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/gravarmors

It also adds two new armors.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:07:56 am »
There is no option to get different kinds of state of suits from a dead soldier, but the mod I attached (and then provided a fix for) in the topic 7Saturn linked will do that. As far as I remember, you get one damaged armor per dead soldier, and it only takes one damaged armor and some resources to make a new one. That later part could be changed easily though.

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 01:25:26 am »
Fantastic will give these/this a spin for my next game, lost my 2nd lot of power-armor to some nasty rng-blessed sectopods, cheers dudes

(cheers for culling the script Arthanor, will test it out)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:30:43 am by SuperCaffeineDude »