aliens

Author Topic: TFTD suggestion. Make stuff from Ufo enemy unknown available in TFTD.  (Read 10041 times)

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: TFTD suggestion. Make stuff from Ufo enemy unknown available in TFTD.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 12:52:29 am »
nectrodude, I think the confusion here is the site you are linking to isn't the same one as Arthanor is describing.

Try this one: https://falkooxc2.pythonanywhere.com/spritepalette

Offline necrodude

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 06:26:41 pm »
thank you. Ill try this later this evening

Offline GreatEmerald

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 06:07:35 pm »
This.

In general, I don't see a reason not to just merge the two games together. It really feels like they belong merged; TFTD always felt like an expansion to me.

For instance, build a base: on land? You get an EU base; in water? You get a TFTD base. UFOs cannot be intercepted by USOs and vice versa, but the type of mission (and thus which craft can land for recovery) depends on where they crash. Solders are soldiers everywhere (marines!), and can use all the weapon types. The weapons are even diverse enough as it is, Gauss weaponry is really quite unlike Laser weaponry and there are uses for both (and you might want to bring Gauss weapons for attacking surface enemy bases, and Laser weapons when attacking boats, for instance). Both research trees would be available at once; there would be both alien alloys and aquaplastics, Elerium and Zrbite, used for the different kinds of technology. And I'd imagine that in order to win, you'd first have to destroy T'Leth, and only then Cydonia, since the latter is quite a ways off.

It's a huge undertaking for sure, and would need altering a few texts to make it cohesive, but I feel like in the end it's worth having one, single, united game with all features, instead of two separate games on the exact same engine.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 01:09:44 am »
Sorry to promote my own thread, but it covers some aspects of a UFO/TFTD mashup: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1851.0.html

Offline GreatEmerald

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 01:27:34 am »
Thanks for the link! It could perhaps use a better name, though, because "Hybrid game" is not really obvious :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 11:41:54 pm »
Thanks for the link! It could perhaps use a better name, though, because "Hybrid game" is not really obvious :)

Well, people are used to it now, so I can't change it. ;)

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 06:43:40 pm »
How bout this: Tentaculats can appear on land as well as water with their respective alien race, and can turn civilians into drones on land. Just be glad their flight capability only works underwater.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 07:16:00 pm »
How bout this: Tentaculats can appear on land as well as water with their respective alien race, and can turn civilians into drones on land. Just be glad their flight capability only works underwater.

That would be a gross violation of canon. :P But... I actually did something similar: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2338.0.html (Cerebreals).