aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720005 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #720 on: August 02, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »
Since the beginning.

Oh, okay. :)
I never needed to know this, since I prefer to just leave it on.

If STR_SHOW_QUICK_SEARCH = true, then the search box is by default shown, otherwise by default hidden.

Yeah, that's the thing... The window stays hidden regardless of setting.

I am not around my PC these days, I'll have a look today in the evening (maybe), or on Thursday.

Much appreciated!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 03, 2016, 08:05:35 pm »
Meridian, since you already worked on the training stuff, would there be a possibility to make the training cap relative to the soldier's starting stats?

I'm thinking of this especially for Psi training. I usually use it, since I hate sorting through piles of soldiers and firing the ones with low psi and/or low reactions. Training facilities help that, but then, especially with Psi on long campaigns like Piratez, you end up with everyone at the cap, which isn't really proper either.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #722 on: August 03, 2016, 08:44:33 pm »
a possibility to make the training cap relative to the soldier's starting stats?

While this notion is interesting modding-wise, I won't ever make it a part of an official build. Soldiers Marked With Suck (except with Psi Power, because it's magic) have no place here.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 03, 2016, 09:27:51 pm »
Yes, I am particularly interested in it for psi, as I mentioned. Either you just go through a mindless sorting step (and frustrating firing of half your early crew) or you train and with the time allowed, end up with everyone at maxed voodoo..

I guess setting a training cap for psi strength lower than the max stat would do the trick, actually.. I'll have to look if that's possible with psi training. Then I can set that to.. 45? Recover my psi weaklings after a few months training and get rid of screening..

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #724 on: August 03, 2016, 09:42:34 pm »
Oh, so you mean playing with psi strength training on? Idk, I don't particularly like that setting and never use it, since I feel  the variety is lost that way (I don't sack the old crew, I might only move them to secondary posts - also, the original 6 pirates are guaranteed to have at least 40 Psi Str now). But yeah, the ability to set training cap on psi str would be consistent with the rest.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 03, 2016, 10:12:45 pm »
Yes, as I said, I like that option and enabled it in this playthrough as I do usually in normal XCom. Since in vanilla you can start stupid low, it goes all the way to 100 and a campaign is generally less than a year, I've never had balance issues with it. My psi-weak soldiers never really catch up with the good ones, at the very least not to the point where they become worthy psi-users themselves.

In Piratez, I've had voodoo schools for more than a year, so the training has added up, to the point where my weakest psi-soldiers are now at the cap like everyone else. I don't encounter psi enemies much (just got my 2nd esper so I can break one in late 2602, haven't seen a provost yet) and can't use it much (no witch outfit :/) so I never noticed, then yesterday when sorting troops to take on the academy pogrom, I realized this had gotten all screwy. Gotta edit my save to bring the psi power training down a notch.

Thinking back, a relative cap isn't necessary, although it could be interesting (defined as a %? like str: 1.5 means you can add 50% to your starting strength, then rest you need to train in the field for). But for psi, the ability to define a cap is all that's really "needed" for me. Something like 40 str, 10 skill, and the rest needs to be trained in the field. This gives a further reason to have wands and odd voodoo outfits, which I have overlooked until now.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 04, 2016, 01:58:51 am »
Wands are actually quite good since the recent buff; ranged high probability/guaranteed hit stun, armour ignoring bleed inducing damage (disabled and captured a heavily armoured Guildmaster in this way) and fire spam are all solid (I've only had experience with the first tier).

Would like to see more of them though (say healing, smoke generation, breaching, explosive, maybe even short range teleportation? wands) , and apparently they're coming.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:21:10 am by Surrealistik »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #727 on: August 04, 2016, 03:20:31 am »
Teleportation is interesting, but no code support for it atm.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 04, 2016, 12:24:12 pm »
Meridian, I have a problem with my X-Com Files mod: if I add battleType: 9 (like the Psi-Amp) to the alien deployment, it is ignored by the game and doesn't appear.
Is there a legitimate reason for this? If no, can it be changed? (I have an item that is a variant of the Psi-Amp and I need some enemies to carry it, even if they can't use it.)

If I read the code correctly, hostiles can carry battleType=9 items only in their hands (and if both are already full, it's just ignored):
 https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/blob/oxce3.0-plus-proto/src/Savegame/SavedBattleGame.cpp#L1300

This behavior was added by Yankes on December 6th 2014:
 https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commit/2df6b7cc454583444d058c465634785a246e7683

Maybe ask him why?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:26:38 pm by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 04, 2016, 12:54:46 pm »
Many thanks. I've asked Yankes.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 07, 2016, 09:11:52 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-08-07
  + Added possibility to manufacture scientists, engineers and soldiers
  + Workaround for Commendations CTD (not a fix, just skipping part which would crash)

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YNEZ6S1ZCeFI0RTA

Added attributes "spawnedPersonType" and "spawnedPersonName" for manufacture projects.
Cannot use auto-sell button for such projects.
Each project reserves 1 living space.

Examples:

Code: [Select]
    spawnedPersonType: STR_ENGINEER # puts 1 engineer in the base directly, no transfer time
    spawnedPersonName: STR_OPTIONAL # optional

spawnedPersonType: STR_SCIENTIST # puts 1 scientist in the base directly, no transfer time
    spawnedPersonName: STR_OPTIONAL # optional

spawnedPersonType: STR_SOLDIER_S # creates a transfer (same as with buying), soldier (of the given type) will arrive after some time
    spawnedPersonName: STR_TEST_NAME # optional, e.g. John McClane

Translations:

Code: [Select]
      STR_PERSON_JOINING: "Person Joining"
      STR_NOT_ENOUGH_LIVING_SPACE_AT_BASE: "Not enough living space to accomodate{NEWLINE}{0}{NEWLINE}at{NEWLINE}{1}"

STR_TEST_NAME: "John McClane" # example of custom name for soldier manufacturing

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #731 on: August 07, 2016, 09:44:31 pm »
Me gusta.

niculinux

« Reply #732 on: August 07, 2016, 09:53:46 pm »
Cyborgs?! :o  ;D ;D hey, hope that would not make game too easy, since they're not likely to earn a salary? ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 07, 2016, 11:56:01 pm »
Cyborgs?! :o  ;D ;D hey, hope that would not make game too easy, since they're not likely to earn a salary? ;)

Dude, that was racist.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 08, 2016, 01:22:20 am »

Hello:
I created one for my mod. He has a cannon, and hits punches.