Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720278 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #705 on: July 27, 2016, 07:44:21 pm »
I would appreciate some help with debugging... Here's a link to my latest (unofficial) build:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/50ej5hnkqk3u55i/OpenXcom_XPiratez_0_99A.rar
There are 2 saves in there. Both crash upon ending the mission. I suspect there is something wrong with my Commendations. I can provide additional details if needed, but ATM I'm at loss.

BTW. where to get OXCom debugging tools from?

Which version of Commendations are you running?  I don't see it in the /mods/ folder in the archive.

Edit: Also, please don't issue the old version of Alternate Corpses with the archive when you distribute it. :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #706 on: July 27, 2016, 07:45:21 pm »
Which version of Commendations are you running?  I don't see it in the /mods/ folder in the archive.

It's integrated with the main mod.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #707 on: July 27, 2016, 07:51:35 pm »
>,<

Yeah, thats gonna make the trouble shooting a pita.

I've probably got more experience troubleshooting commendations rulesets than anyone but Shoes.  I'll try digging these out.
... and probably stop the work I was going to do to creating more graphics.  (btw, the new 'pedia screens are great!)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #708 on: July 27, 2016, 08:07:06 pm »
Edit: Also, please don't issue the old version of Alternate Corpses with the archive when you distribute it. :)

It's an unofficial build, I will upgrade just prior to shipping an official one to have the latest alt corpses possible :)
Also, commendations are in 2 parts: declarations and pedia in piratez.rul, and the criteria in piratez_planet.rul. The selection is maybe slim atm, but I wanted to test a minimum build first.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #709 on: July 27, 2016, 08:09:49 pm »
Slim is better!!

I've answered your edit in the commendations thread, and will start digging through your criteria to look for things beyond Original 8 bug.

(Edit: Original8 was the bug)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:07:04 am by ivandogovich »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #710 on: July 28, 2016, 08:17:35 pm »
@Meridian: since the physical training doesn't work if a soldier is wounded (afaik), how about a function which automatically takes any wounded soldiers off training after a mission ends? I see no need to agonize on it manually.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 29, 2016, 10:34:44 am »
I would appreciate some help with debugging... Here's a link to my latest (unofficial) build:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/50ej5hnkqk3u55i/OpenXcom_XPiratez_0_99A.rar
There are 2 saves in there. Both crash upon ending the mission. I suspect there is something wrong with my Commendations. I can provide additional details if needed, but ATM I'm at loss.

Problem is with the original 8 award... endless loop (award is getting endless decorations)... I didn't try to fix it, it's quite convoluted code; maybe worth reporting to Shoes.

BTW. where to get OXCom debugging tools from?

Visual Studio 2015 Community edition: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx
GIT: https://git-scm.com/download/win

Howto: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Compiling_with_Microsoft_Visual_C%2B%2B_(OpenXcom)
2015 addition: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3937.msg56803.html#msg56803

@Meridian: since the physical training doesn't work if a soldier is wounded (afaik), how about a function which automatically takes any wounded soldiers off training after a mission ends? I see no need to agonize on it manually.

I don't have a problem with that, I have enough training space :)
I can do this, but only as a user option (default off)... for me it would be very inconvenient, because I would have to remember to manually put them back on training after they recover... which is much harder to track.

But if you (or anyone else) have some more ideas how to optimize the process (other than increasing the dojo capacity), I will gladly implement it.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #712 on: July 29, 2016, 05:34:50 pm »
Training facilities automation ideas.

I don't really mind the idea of setting up a training base.  It works well, and is not too difficult.  The semi-regular maintenance of the training roster is not a massive chore either.  About once a month, I rebalance the training assignments, bringing up gals who have less than others.  The trait I use as a lazy Guiderule is TUs, as I want everyone to have 100 eventually.

Train the Rookies.  - The routine would find the least experienced soldiers and focus on leveling them up. Maybe the routine runs at end of month with the other maintenance there (or maybe at every Geoscape auto save which is every ten days for me).  At "evaluation time" it would check soldier training again, maybe using a total of all training points and start from the bottom and fill up the training roster again.  Maybe this should be the default option.
Train a Cadre. - In this instance, you would want to train a group of gals up to the highest level. I'm not sure on how to single say, 20 gals out of 40 for this treatment.  Maybe train cadre opens another UI that allows you to "select" which gals are part of the cadre, similar to the one used to assign them to a vessel, or even the armor assignment list.  Otherwise this would be similar to train the rookies.  If you had 20 gals assign to the cadre but only 10 training space, it would level out the progress by ensuring that the least trained ones would always be catching up to their peers.  A simple approach would be to only select enough cadre for your current training capacity.
Sick Leave.  The routine would identify a wounded soldier and check to see if they were in training.  If so, it would assign them to "sick leave" ( add a marker in the save game) and then select a different soldier from the pool according to the setting (rookie/cadre/etc) and assign them to training.  Once the convalescence period is over, at the next evaluation period it would release the substitute student and put the recovered soldier back in.

I suppose that with Smart Training facilities like this (Maybe they are an upgrade?) you could forgo the "Training Base" and just include a facility or two in your operational bases, but that may vary with play style.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #713 on: July 29, 2016, 06:35:45 pm »
Thanks for everything, my commendations are working now.

I don't have a problem with that, I have enough training space :)
I can do this, but only as a user option (default off)... for me it would be very inconvenient, because I would have to remember to manually put them back on training after they recover... which is much harder to track.

Haha, I knew you'd say that. Usually you have no such luxury as Dojos being added when you're already swimming in cash :) But sure, it should be an option, since you'd want it on early game, but off later, when you don't care about wasted time.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 29, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-07-29
 + Fixed "not enough space in alien containment" message
 + Fixed endless loop when destroying base defense hangars (by SupSuper)
 + Option to show all or only awarded commendations in ufopedia (by default only awarded)
 + Added salaries and maintenance for "Items", more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4774.0.html

As bonus there is a "Piratez Employment" mod:
- many low-level traders, mutants and humans can now be turned into employees, which give +10 storage space, but cost $5'000 per month
- prerequisites: Slavery, Academy, Trader's Guild, The Church, Human Citizens, Raiders
- download: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4774.0.html

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YUjZ4TE9IX2JQaVE
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:35:03 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 31, 2016, 07:47:11 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-07-31
  + Added manufacture dependency viewer
  + Added Ctrl+A shortcut in geoscape debug mode to reset all soldiers' diaries

Download is first post.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 02, 2016, 12:35:57 am »
Meridian, I have a problem with my X-Com Files mod: if I add battleType: 9 (like the Psi-Amp) to the alien deployment, it is ignored by the game and doesn't appear.
Is there a legitimate reason for this? If no, can it be changed? (I have an item that is a variant of the Psi-Amp and I need some enemies to carry it, even if they can't use it.)

PS. I can't see the search bar. STR_SHOW_QUICK_SEARCH is enabled. What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:48:36 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #717 on: August 02, 2016, 12:56:32 pm »
Try pressing Q? It toggles the search bar on and off.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 02, 2016, 01:37:19 pm »
Try pressing Q? It toggles the search bar on and off.

Since when? :o
But thanks...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 02, 2016, 02:09:00 pm »
Since when? :o
But thanks...

Since the beginning.

If STR_SHOW_QUICK_SEARCH = true, then the search box is by default shown, otherwise by default hidden.
In both cases, pressing Q will toggle it.

Meridian, I have a problem with my X-Com Files mod: if I add battleType: 9 (like the Psi-Amp) to the alien deployment, it is ignored by the game and doesn't appear.
Is there a legitimate reason for this? If no, can it be changed? (I have an item that is a variant of the Psi-Amp and I need some enemies to carry it, even if they can't use it.)

I am not around my PC these days, I'll have a look today in the evening (maybe), or on Thursday.