Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 733247 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #525 on: May 01, 2016, 09:34:25 pm »
Another new feature request: remembering equipment for HWP. I use two parrots and they each carry a smoke, which I have to give and prime every time. It's a small thing, but it would be nice to skip it.

That would be a horribly big change to HWPs... not worth the effort... really.
Better make parrots a new soldier type... and then I can make a small change to limit the number of soldiers of certain type per craft.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 01, 2016, 11:58:37 pm »
Oh whichever way.. can you produce parrot-soldiers from manufacturing jobs?

It was just a minor request, I did not realize it would be a lot of work. If it's much work, I can keep putting one primed grenade on the first one and copying the template over. ;)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 02, 2016, 12:20:24 am »
Had a base mission, then a mutant pogrom mission and used a viewrange of 40. The performance is top-notch, no problems at all, it is still WAY faster than everything before. One thing changed, though: I got a lot of reaction fire (and aimed shots) from far-off distances, it felt like a real battlefield. This exe-change really adds to the game!

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 02, 2016, 04:28:55 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-04-28

+ Middle-click on item in inventory (in inventory screen) brings up related ufopedia entry

Great function! Is it posible to have the same in buying and selling screens (Black Market, Fence)?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 04, 2016, 01:00:02 am »
I would have another idea for a feature: craft repair as a workshop item.

Instead of crafts getting magically repaired for free you have to allocate runts and resources to repair a damaged craft. The repair should then also be seperated from the refuel and rearm mechanic so that you can refuel and rearm a damaged craft if you don't have the time/money to repair it.

I have no idea how hard it is to code that so please don't hate me if it is way too complicated/impossible.

Another idea related to crafts: efficient rearm
Only fill up ammo as long as you can fit a whole mag. So far this has not been a problem as ammo was cheap and available. But for salvaged Gauss Cannon rounds that cannot be bought or manufactured I would not want to spend a whole mag to replace one round.

Offline UnholyAngel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 04, 2016, 02:50:29 pm »
The performance boost from the FoV changes are amazing the game now runs faster with view distance set to 40 than it just to with only 20.

And a feature request: It would be nice, if you could get the 'sell' button in production screen to actually work for crafts as well (since there is one in Piratez that is basically merchandise) as well moving the check for available hangers back to when the production actually starts instead of when you increase the number to produce.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #531 on: May 04, 2016, 03:02:47 pm »
Another idea related to crafts: efficient rearm
Only fill up ammo as long as you can fit a whole mag. So far this has not been a problem as ammo was cheap and available. But for salvaged Gauss Cannon rounds that cannot be bought or manufactured I would not want to spend a whole mag to replace one round.

You can control it manually by switching a gun off just before it hits the ammo threshold (click on a gun icon to do so).

Also, the trouble with tank ammo seems unresolved. I'm getting over 300 shells back after each mission with Hovertank/Devastator (after firing a few out of a clip of 48). It might be related to the fact that the secondary weapon has an ammo count of 360 (but it doesn't use any clips).

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 04, 2016, 04:57:48 pm »
What about removing the ammo count on the secondary weapon completely? Would that work? I gave my tanks (in default OXC nightly exe) a melee/crush secondary and it seems to work fine.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #533 on: May 04, 2016, 04:59:20 pm »
I don't want the secondary weapons (machineguns of all sorts) to have unlimited ammo.

Also, a request for upgrade... definiable position of the equipment stash within a craft? (current behaviour if undefined).
I also think we can safely move to the new FOV calc formula. It allows to completely change the game experience, while also allowing people with weak machines to play the game w/o any trouble.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:01:37 pm by Dioxine »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #534 on: May 04, 2016, 04:59:43 pm »
Feature request: The ability to define the equipment stash in Vessel maps.

This would allow the map builder to define a particular tile as the equipment tile, instead of being hard coded to the #1 spawn point.  The Bonaventura, for example has the #1 spawn point set aggressively next to the ramp which can make the stash vulnerable to enemy fire.  Wouldn't it be nice to move it upstairs and thus more protected?  Also, if you take a Sentry Gun (Nice, tanky, immobile HWP) guess where it spawns...  Yup. Right on top of the pile.  No chance to grab reloads from the pile, you'll have scavenge enemies now.

I suppose an alternative method might be to loosen the ability to define HWP spawn points.  You could define a tile as a 1X1 or 2X2 or both. It would be free from the "Drop all HWPs into the Nodes in numeric order until HWPs are gone. Then fill in with soldiers" logic as it currently stands.  It think this path would make things easier for guys like Solarius that are trying to figure out how one agent can take his dog in a rental car, and not have someone crash the game by trying to stuff a tank into there. ;)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 05, 2016, 12:27:13 am »
It think this path would make things easier for guys like Solarius that are trying to figure out how one agent can take his dog in a rental car, and not have someone crash the game by trying to stuff a tank into there. ;)

Is that something that has actually happened, or just theoretical?

Reason i ask is that according to the vanilla code i've seen for the craft equipment screen a HWP should not be allowed on board if its size (defined by it's armor) exceeds the number of free soldier slots. If this is no longer the case it could warrant a bug report (especially if it is reproducible in vanilla oxc as well).

If this is by design for OXCE(+), please ignore this message.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 05, 2016, 01:38:11 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-05-05
  + Fix tank ammo recovery when tank has 2 different weapons with ammo
  + Added ability to override default craft inventory tile (e.g. craftInventoryTile: [7, 4, 1])
  + Faster ground inventory stacker by Stian
  + Unified armor sprite search in ufopedia and inventory UI

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YMS1lVjVvUHoyb0U
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:54:21 pm by Meridian »

Offline UnholyAngel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 05, 2016, 03:43:32 pm »
The new exe/changed inventory stacker (I guess) causes my game to freeze and eventually crash if I try to open the inventory while standing on top of a corpse or live alien. I don't have the same problem with other inventory stacks or the previous version.

Offline Stian

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 05, 2016, 04:03:29 pm »
I'll take a look at that crash shortly. Thanks for the report.

Offline Stian

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 05, 2016, 04:26:53 pm »
Ok, fix uploaded on the inventory stacker github. Sorry about that!

On a slightly unrelated note: piratez takes a looooong time to boot in debug mode.