Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 334171 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2015, 07:51:43 pm »
Looking good! Are you keeping track of all the changes in git or something? They would be great to share as patches or branches.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2015, 07:54:15 pm »
Yes (in git), I will share patches before new year.

Offline Ketonur

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2016, 03:37:13 am »
Hey guys! I have started to play Piratez mod few days ago. I have to admit that i have never ever have had so much fun with any game... For me it is much more better than standard xcom! Thanks Dioxine so much!

I have one technical question. I have seen that Meridian was using Piratez mod + openxcom extended 2.5+ Could you guys help me as i was trying to make it work for few hours and failed... Now i play that "all inclusive" version from the Piratez mod website but some more interesting options (which i have seen thanks to Meridian LP) would be nice.

Cheers!

OK! I have found it in another topic. Jeeez, Meridian, you are great!! Ufopedia from everywhere! :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:26:46 am by Ketonur »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2016, 01:55:18 pm »
These new options will eventually be added to the official Piratez distro, but I want a clean, safe and ellegant build, and so there are details to be hammered out with my benevolent coders (Meridian & Yankes), as well as playtesting to be done :) Can't deny that I am waiting for OXCE 3.0, too - from what Yankes said it is going to be something epic (and hopefully will also update the OXC version it uses to a more recent one - Warboy & co. haven't been sleeping either and things like multiple soldier types and soldier diaries are simply tantalizing).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2016, 12:10:45 am »
As for fire, it does run out, I've had some gals set on fire as well. I don't think there is anything you can do to help it though. Walking around in circles would be a funny solution. Would be cool to see a chance for the fire to go out inversely with TU spent (representing effort to put out the fire) or some fire extinguisher item.

You can now designate a weapon (melee, ranged (whole weapon or only certain ammo) or grenade) to be a fire extinguisher in my build.
("isFireExtinguisher: true")

Who will create a nice fire extinguisher sprite and weapon first?
Or even a custom fire extinguishing animation...

PS: download will be available tomorrow (need to go to sleep but wanted to share the news ;-)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2016, 09:34:09 am »
One thing to add is probably what weapons not to sell i.e. weapons which get solid upgrades and clips. These weapons are not easily gotten in black market

- CAWS (make Kustom Blunderbuss - has both acid and HE ammunition)
- Military Shotgun (part of both Blunderbuss and Blackops Shotgun). Blackops Shotgun is not really that much better than military though.
- Blunderbuss (makes Kustom Blunderbuss)
- Autogun (Makes upgraded Autogun)

You might want to keep the Battle Rifle (gets upgraded clip) and the Assault SMGs as well.

Weapons of choice for close quarter battle - Bardiche, Ninja Stars (works better for me than Fuso knives which is bizarre), Disk of Death). I suggest you train some soldiers as archers or grenadiers or mortar girls (I use 4 for sending down the thunder when I see enemies in the open).

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2016, 11:46:21 am »
Military shotgun can be bought and blunderbuss made at the workshop so selling them is less of a problem.

I dunno if assault smg get upgrades but the other assault weapons are precious as they are used for better weapons.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2016, 02:34:08 pm »
I need to check my market then. I thought I couldn't buy military shotgun. Combat shotgun yes one can buy and I do use one with incendiary ammo. If I recall correctly,  it takes a while to be able to make Blunderbuss.

Offline Gyuudon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2016, 11:18:05 pm »
So uh, are Smugglers allies or am I free to shoot them down? Their description feels otherwise.

And about the Mercs, is that a "Don't mess with these guys or 10000x retailiations will be after you?"

All from the descriptions here.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2016, 08:39:18 am »
I tend not to shoot down two factions - smugglers and provincial govt. I might start on govt though because they are taking away serious points from my reputation.

Mercs and Star Gods - Avoid if you dont have the right weapons. Even melee might not help you against the Star Gods unless you got the right stats and weapons.

Speaking of which - Ghost Blade is useless versus Star Gods. Works on anything else but it is useless against them.

Posts merged - Dioxine

Another Topic - Beware of the sheer randomness. In my last mission, it took one shot from a bow to finish a Star God. It took 11 shots to finish another one a couple of turns later.

Although my preference now is to locate Star God then throw two High Explosives into the building.

Additional Note on weapons

The instant you can afford the EuroSyndicate Laser Rifle - go for equipping 3 members in each craft with it. Dont try the pistol. Expensive but so far it is the best laser rifle in my game.

Forget the Bullcrap above about what weapons to keep. Just discovered another research that took weapons up another notch!! Arrrggghhhhh!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:24:35 am by Cristao »

Offline Gyuudon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2016, 10:51:48 pm »
Followup with to my last question, since civvies and govt officials give you negative points, would you be affected at all (score wise) if you land at a site, see govt NPCs and go "Oh hey, uh, woops we thought you were just some traders. Carry on then!" and fly off?

Summary wise it shows 0 points but I don't know if that would affect the monthly eval at all or not.

Offline pianoman72

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2016, 01:11:59 am »
Is over 55 enemies more  than average for a pogrom?  I got 55 of them and had to flee at around turn 35ish.  I was trying Superhuman so maybe that adds more?  First Porgom of the game too.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2016, 01:55:16 am »
Is over 55 enemies more  than average for a pogrom?  I got 55 of them and had to flee at around turn 35ish.  I was trying Superhuman so maybe that adds more?  First Porgom of the game too.

On Superhuman, that is not uncommon.  Superhuman definitely adds more enemy troops per mission, and the Pogroms are very heavy with Enemy units.  Its not unreasonable at all to retreat from early pogroms, especially if dealing with enemy with higher tech (laser weapons, heavy armor, etc).  The ragtag group that you start with is not supposed to be world class soldiers the equal of any foe. ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2016, 11:35:49 am »
Followup with to my last question, since civvies and govt officials give you negative points, would you be affected at all (score wise) if you land at a site, see govt NPCs and go "Oh hey, uh, woops we thought you were just some traders. Carry on then!" and fly off?

Summary wise it shows 0 points but I don't know if that would affect the monthly eval at all or not.

No, it doesn't give you negative points AFAIK.

On Superhuman, that is not uncommon.  Superhuman definitely adds more enemy troops per mission, and the Pogroms are very heavy with Enemy units.  Its not unreasonable at all to retreat from early pogroms, especially if dealing with enemy with higher tech (laser weapons, heavy armor, etc).  The ragtag group that you start with is not supposed to be world class soldiers the equal of any foe. ;)

Well said!

Offline Gyuudon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2016, 02:38:34 am »
I saw special Armor +50% and thought it did bonus damage to armor... then things like Barbed Dagger ( i think) showed Armor -10% then Armor Damage, that i know.

So does Armor+ mean it REDUCES the damage? Like if the hit rolls for 50, armor 20, 100% resistances, it would mean health damage of 20? (Armor + 50%)