Author Topic: Piratez starting guide for new players  (Read 39066 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Piratez starting guide for new players
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2016, 01:11:37 am »
A weak, but otherwise workable landing craft (6-10 gals, global reach, half-decent speed) would naturally be given upon the start, regardles of scenario.

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2016, 11:53:26 am »
I like the "fort" idea but i wouldn't make them immobile just slow and sufficiently meaty that interceptors are a poor choice. Don't know about fewer freighters landing. I believe the point was more why is it stopping in random forest 248j when it has the demonstrated capacity to loop the planet/travel to another. Who signing for a freighter worth of goods in explodey purple jungle? Catching a freighter at some settlement no matter the dinkyness feels logically better.
My assumption was that many of those landings were to supply or pick up from hidden caches, or to contact clandestine agents in the area.  The hills terrain, for instance, often has caves and the like, which will often have enemies in them; it's reasonable to assume that they landed in order to contact that agent or something and deliver or pick up something from them (or the people themselves.)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2016, 02:30:52 pm »
Or a mechanical failure. Yeah good assumption, but such happenings should be rather rare with regular Freighter and Hopper lines.