Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328671 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #825 on: February 16, 2022, 05:20:47 pm »
What do you mean you spent too much time on research instead of doing missions?

Why not do maximum amount of both at the same time?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 17, 2022, 01:05:44 am »
What do you mean you spent too much time on research instead of doing missions?

Why not do maximum amount of both at the same time?

Well actually i sat a bit too much spending time in research over missions. And even when i engage one my gals were wounded for some days i decide in the meantime to go research instead of missions while these are recovering.

Maybe i should suffer casulties instead, by not healing in battlescape tbe almost dead ones and recruit fresh troops so that i should be always ready?

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 17, 2022, 03:42:38 pm »
Do you mean to say that you are just skipping missions and not attending them in order to spin the globe faster so research is done?

That is a bad idea. And yes, you should always be able to field a full strength sortie, even if many of your people are wounded. This is expected, and the way game was designed.

Also you do not need to be so callous as letting your people die on the battlescape. Even almost dead people will recover, and veterans are worth a lot in tactical flexibility. Hire new people AND save almost dead people, I don't see why you cannot do both.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 03:46:38 pm by Iazo »

Offline just_dont

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 17, 2022, 05:42:31 pm »
Also don't forget that retreating is a thing. Visiting missions is nearly always beneficial, actually fighting them to the victory - might not always be a good idea, but you'd never know unless you at least try. Specific tactical details might turn even a very hard mission into a possibility, if not for the victory then for some loot.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 08, 2022, 04:46:53 pm »
0.99M5 introduce the caputains research topics, hiw tjese dobagfevt the game? As far as i can get that topics privide only score changes, not any item or new technology, is it right?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 09, 2022, 05:52:29 am »
They mostly affect the weights of events. Though some combinations of ideals(gained via captain and codex selection)have some extra quirks.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 17, 2022, 02:27:19 pm »
as far as i can tell, the four different flavours of Captain influence what random flavour events you get. things like "had great sex with FBB +100 infamy" or "got real mad and fucking killed something, -50 infamy +1 reaper corpse". There's also a couple unlocks, for example soreass can build flak tower kits from necroplane parts, lazyass can build a hotel etc. there also seems to be a connection with the Codex colours.

breakdown:
Spoiler:
behind the scenes each captain is associated with 3 out of 4 different Ideas (ex. Might, Pride) and 3 out of 6 different Aspects for flavour events (ex. Lusty, Aggro, Nerd). the Ideas and Captain Types are associated with a Codex (ex. Pride -> Gold, Might -> Red) which seems to have some hidden fun stuff if you pick the right (wrong?) captain/codex combo. as far as i can tell each Captain lacks a certain Idea (ex. lazyass has no might) so i think if you pick the codex diametrically opposed with your captain type (ex. lazy -> red) you might wind up with whatever Chaos Saint is. i haven't tried this so if you do please make a trip report.

[[fixed URL - Solarius Scorch]]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 09:00:06 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #832 on: April 17, 2022, 09:32:43 pm »
Yes, this is exactly how it works.

As for the special case you mentioned in the spoiler, it has some special features - most notably, earlier access to certain missions (hard but profitable). So choosing this path is for experienced Captains only.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 26, 2022, 02:21:06 pm »
0.99M.5.2.1, thiis time at the beginnnig "recruit local peasants" is directly avaiable at the start, probably because the peasant revolution path, but i intercepted a strange party, with a pic presentin an human and a vehicle illustration, are they highwayman?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #834 on: April 26, 2022, 04:01:49 pm »
@ontherun:  Thats the Rogue Courier. Its new in M5.2, iirc.  https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_VESSEL_ROGUE_COURIER

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 04, 2022, 10:46:59 am »
Updated previous save to 0.99N1.0.1 with the WxD patch, but only aplied "AllInOne - Extract and Override (GIF2PNG+Fonts+Corrections)" at blackbeard difficulty, seems i have a bit of a rough start, but on the very end of feb 2601 i think i'm doing fairly well ;)

Please have a look for testing/debug purposes!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 04, 2022, 11:02:26 am »
Updated previous save to 0.99N1.0.1 with the WxD patch, but only aplied "AllInOne - Extract and Override (GIF2PNG+Fonts+Corrections)" at blackbeard difficulty, seems i have a bit of a rough start, but on the very end of feb 2601 i think i'm doing fairly well ;)

Please have a look for testing/debug purposes!

You blindly believe a random person that their patch is correct... and even want other people to check it?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 04, 2022, 02:58:52 pm »
You blindly believe a random person that their patch is correct... and even want other people to check it?

actually i though iit would be nice to see effort gone well, as they see "i love when a plan comes togheter"....anyway if might be useful pleas euse the M5.2.1 save...ah there is some video test for the N1 relase on youtube here, enjoy :)

Offline Kleinstar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 14, 2022, 02:38:47 am »
On my latest save ninjas decided to setup their base right next to my starting base. Soon enough they started expanding and by the 4th mini base they setup up I figured I should probably start taking them out since flying out to missions unmolested was starting to become a hassle.
At my tech level I was able to take out all the ninja forces with relative ease except for the two 2x2 chaingun turrets. I've tried handheld recoil less rockets,  rocket launchers with anti tank rockets, and the quad launcher with fire ammo. These all seem to damage them but it usually takes 4-5 shots before they go down and the person firing the rocket usually ends up dying from the reaction fire.
The safest way I've found to deal with them is hope that my craft lands on the opposite side so I can setup mortars and bomb them from a distance.
However I don't think relying on my craft landing in the right place is a sound strategy.
I'm just curious if I should wait until I get something like a tank before taking these bases down or if I'm missing some anti turret weapon.

TLDR: Would like some advice with dealing with the 2x2 chaingun turrets in ninja bases

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 14, 2022, 12:24:56 pm »
The best way to destroy them - EMP grenades, if you managed capture them somehow from ninjas. One in enough, if you're lucky, two - if not.
Once I destroyed it with napalm bombs and incendiary grenades (for 4 turns all the team bombard turret with them)

The most satisfying method for me - rush research to Krazy Hanna, she allows to buy mortars.