Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328838 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #645 on: June 09, 2020, 10:04:47 am »
The benefits of interrogating them usually outweigh the minor point loss. If you don't have the prison space and sell them that can still be a net win at the beginning when every $ counts.

xcomfan

« Reply #646 on: June 09, 2020, 04:09:32 pm »
OK, and why i also get negative score from "dead men looted" debriefing string?

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 09, 2020, 05:07:04 pm »
Once you have researched a particular unit from the civ/govt/alliance factions, try to avoid killing that particular unit in the future.  Take the 10 points for capture and avoid all the negative scoring for killing them.  I was just pointing out that if a particular unit from those factions has never been researched, the negative score for capture is worse (absolute value larger) than for killing.  For instance, consider the first time you take on the mutant alliance in a eurosyndicate mission having researched none of their units.  If you somehow manage to capture them all you will lose over 1000 more points than if you had killed them all.  This really only matters if you are having trouble keeping your monthly score positive.  Which is highly unlikely if your squad is actually capable of winning a eurosyndicate mission by capturing everyone.  It is more relevant if one encounters a landed ship with government units early in the game.

If negative score for looting dead bodies is bothering you then:  "There is no kill like overkill."
This of course has its own tradeoffs such as diminished loot.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 09, 2020, 07:15:14 pm »
OK, and why i also get negative score from "dead men looted" debriefing string?

Because you killed civilians that are most like part of one of the countries that are giving you money to trouble the Star Gods and their henchmen. They don't give you money to harass and kill their citizens.

xcomfan

« Reply #649 on: June 10, 2020, 08:19:35 pm »
OK, so here is my very last .sav game; this time around i stick to Gremlion's advices: i started a brand new game in L2 at "john silver"
difficulty, used a custom layout base have 13 brainers and spread them across multiple projects; did not waste money on black market and only stuck with what i gathered as loot and did not waste money on the black market.

Please use this as test, especially if there gonna be some major changes to the research tree in the early games for the next upcoming versions :)

As for questions, in one of my runs  posted here i had a Star God crackdown in my main base at 2603. On "davy jones" difficultt this is normal? O if i play at "captain kidd" it might happen later? I was unlucky or it depends on the difficulty picked up in a game? And gods and mercenaries strike solely at the main base?

To complicate matters most of codex craft use heavy weapons, while the research kinda "impose" to research light first...any other advice to quicken manufacture times?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:14:16 pm by xcomfan »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 13, 2020, 07:36:23 am »
In my current game, i have 6 of myGals named Victoria, Amber, Krystal, Sulli, Luna, & Yoona  :P

and during in one of recently mission (i think it was Sister in danger, *Damsel in distress, - just 1gal imprisoned in cellar, by some ratmen and badmen, thugs..), thug and highwayman killed just right the Sully!  :o bad mark!, such coincidence, anyway poor Sulli! :/(
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 09:32:24 am by RolandVasko »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 15, 2020, 09:13:15 am »
snip
As for questions, in one of my runs  posted here i had a Star God crackdown in my main base at 2603. On "davy jones" difficultt this is normal? O if i play at "captain kidd" it might happen later? I was unlucky or it depends on the difficulty picked up in a game? And gods and mercenaries strike solely at the main base?

To complicate matters most of codex craft use heavy weapons, while the research kinda "impose" to research light first...any other advice to quicken manufacture times?

The major faction attacks, including stargods start being a possibility at the 18 month mark. There is an adjustment of when based on difficulty, but 18 months is the median. So stargods in 2603 while unlucky is normal. You got the strongest of the major factions paying a visit to the most valuable base. RNG.

As to Craft weapons, Codexs with only heavy slot craft, give you a suitable weapon as part of the tiny drill project. There is also the quadcannon which you can buy from crazy hannah fairly early.

xcomfan

« Reply #652 on: June 15, 2020, 09:31:11 am »
The major faction attacks, including stargods start being a possibility at the 18 month mark. There is an adjustment of when based on difficulty, but 18 months is the median. So stargods in 2603 while unlucky is normal. You got the strongest of the major factions paying a visit to the most valuable base. RNG.

Well i ecpect them to show at least a year later? Can i eish that for future version or gonna live with it?

As to Craft weapons, Codexs with only heavy slot craft, give you a suitable weapon as part of the tiny drill project. There is also the quadcannon which you can buy from crazy hannah fairly early.

Provided that i find i light machine gun, prequisite in L2 version. Ot's kinda frustratin like getting the wrench to achieve "tools and blades" in past versions  :'(

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 15, 2020, 09:32:56 pm »
Well i ecpect them to show at least a year later? Can i eish that for future version or gonna live with it?

Provided that i find i light machine gun, prequisite in L2 version. Ot's kinda frustratin like getting the wrench to achieve "tools and blades" in past versions  :'(

1. That's probably not going to change, you can still absolutely fight them out of a base defense by that point though provided you make sure to keep an adequate supply of heavy weapons just in case for usage against sectopods once you kill their shields.

2. LMGs are common in prepper boxes, in the Prepper Camp mission, and the research isn't uncommon from other sources. Also you don't need wrench until after you research tools and blades.

xcomfan

« Reply #654 on: June 15, 2020, 09:42:53 pm »
Well the problem is heavy weapons, though krazy hanna sells the basic stuff the problem is contactin her relies too much on luck, and without those game is almost lost for sure... :'(

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 15, 2020, 11:30:09 pm »
XPiratez has a ton of luck. You'll end up hunting for something or another and not finding it for a while. I don't see the specific problems with this. How far into your playthrough are you?

xcomfan

« Reply #656 on: June 16, 2020, 08:25:45 pm »
XPiratez has a ton of luck. You'll end up hunting for something or another and not finding it for a while. I don't see the specific problems with this. How far into your playthrough are you?

Yes it's true! In oct 2601, started another run with the gray codex with "John Silver". Jellifish is different but not very comfortable, but it's really annoing that one crew member to that arcane ray which due yo its placement is rarely used in battle...still looking for crazy hanna, just built personal lab, but got the smuggler contact

Doing the sitzkrieg mission, i cannot destroy humanist's battle tank, even if i used 10 LASSes on it!!  >:( I suppose explosive with 100+ damage might get the job done (LASS is 90)

Edit: actually were 6/7 because i missed some shots, the tank  parket 8tself below the jellyfish!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 09:16:27 pm by xcomfan »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 17, 2020, 06:05:22 am »
Yes it's true! In oct 2601, started another run with the gray codex with "John Silver". Jellifish is different but not very comfortable, but it's really annoing that one crew member to that arcane ray which due yo its placement is rarely used in battle...still looking for crazy hanna, just built personal lab, but got the smuggler contact

Doing the sitzkrieg mission, i cannot destroy humanist's battle tank, even if i used 10 LASSes on it!!  >:( I suppose explosive with 100+ damage might get the job done (LASS is 90)

Edit: actually were 6/7 because i missed some shots, the tank  parket 8tself below the jellyfish!

You do know the arcane ray has waypoints right? you don't need a los.

Yeah slitzkrieg tank is quite sturdy. Very resistant to most damage and at least 100 armor everwhere. Need the serious antitank weapons. the lowest tech solutions are satchel charges if you can get em on target, and fire attacks.

xcomfan

« Reply #658 on: June 17, 2020, 09:14:25 am »
You do know the arcane ray has waypoints right? you don't need a los.

Yes but as you can read in my previous post it depend on how you spawn on the map. Should it have a 360° degree sight?

Edit: still cannot unlock the scoped magnum, there fore no "bigger guns"  >:(

Edit 2: i saw on a youtube gameplay video - probably a Meridina gameplay - that there is a way to apply last armor put on a gal via the armor screen, which key was it? ALT + left click?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:13:25 am by xcomfan »

Offline incas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 17, 2020, 10:25:03 am »
Edit 2: i saw on a youtube gameplay video - probably a Meridina gameplay - that there is a way to apply last armor put on a gal via the armor screen, which key was it? ALT + left click?
Right click.