aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 334545 times)

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #570 on: May 11, 2020, 02:08:42 pm »
I always have some Flak Cannons or better in secondary bases.
It's useful against tedious ratman invasions, against missiles swarms and during base defense.

xcomfan

« Reply #571 on: May 11, 2020, 03:05:18 pm »
I always have some Flak Cannons or better in secondary bases.
It's useful against tedious ratman invasions, against missiles swarms and during base defense.

Still have not researchd flak cannons so canno try. In what consist enemy missile attack on a base? I never experienced it, there are some prequisites to make in happen?

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 11, 2020, 04:53:38 pm »
It will hit your base and destroy 3 buildings at random. If some buildings are unconnected after that, they will be destroyed too.
No base defense mission after that.

I never experienced it, there are some prequisites to make in happen?
Once enough months have passed, they will start, until you research a specific topic to stop them.

xcomfan

« Reply #573 on: May 12, 2020, 11:15:16 am »
Hey seems i have saved my run form ruin...jokes aside, slowly expandind my second base, and made it into the end of august 2602! Sadly, I'm significantly behind the laser weapon tech, but have researched the shadowtech, and im also upgrading the capacity of the main base, and expanding the second one, and upgraded bounty mission to level C. Had to fire 5 on 15 brainres because of insufficient funds.. :'(

As noticeable events, repelled a dark ones attack on my second base with five (trained) peasant though they fall a lot in panicking during battle! Ialso delepted the golden codex research, and recovered from my financial bad status and unlocked basic engineering and the basic cannon munition, hopefully i may improve my fleet arsenal. Also unlocked the research for cannon defence and 250mm RL cannons, while manufactured an handful of kustom handcannons, also managed to assault succesfully an academy supply ship, and researched mad gnome but was unable to appeanse it because need some more chocolate  :'(

Edit: went forward till the very end of oct 2602, built a third base, unlocked undersea operation and tesearched heavy slugthroeer, also met the spartans for the very first time on a downed vessel assault, im researching gauss cannon parts, hopefully gone manufacture some, and have also produced some more tactical armors
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:08:28 pm by xcomfan »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 15, 2020, 05:05:14 am »
Do not fire the brainers. Brainers almost pay for themselves with the points made for researching

xcomfan

« Reply #575 on: May 19, 2020, 11:45:20 am »
I ahd an hard time killing that mchtoid, it is a sectiod with one of those armor WWI style? And, by the end of nov 2602 i got "zro tolerance" from death realms! How  may i get it back?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 19, 2020, 01:32:01 pm »
Unless something has been drastically changed, They're not going to change their minds, it's the equivalent of when the aliens subvert a funding nation in base X-Com.

xcomfan

« Reply #577 on: May 19, 2020, 08:04:12 pm »
I got in 2603, aen of jaunary, buila a four base in south america, unlocked sea adventure, bank favors and (finally) smugglers,.

Edit: Still cannot buy laser weapons, any pointers? And i need alao acqua plastics but i have to butcher deep one corpses to extract or i may unlock like the plastasteel? I sold loads of their corpses..arghhh!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:00:00 pm by xcomfan »

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 19, 2020, 09:04:49 pm »
And i need alao acqua plastics

I haven't been looking at your saves, but seriously?! You can get aqua plastics from robbing/enslaving things like Academy Medics, which you have definitely seen lots of by that point in the game. And the game even hints in the Academy outposts briefing/description that the Academy Medics are valuable.

xcomfan

« Reply #579 on: May 19, 2020, 09:08:08 pm »

I haven't been looking at your saves, but seriously?! You can get aqua plastics from robbing/enslaving things like Academy Medics, which you have definitely seen lots of by that point in the game. And the game even hints in the Academy outposts briefing/description that the Academy Medics are valuable.
Academy on this run seems to be quite rare..i get a lot pf ratmen caves missions instead!!   :'(

And to recruit slave soldiers i habe to create a slave from man prisoner first, right?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 20, 2020, 02:47:11 pm »
If you are in the "Gals are superior" path, then yes.

xcomfan

« Reply #581 on: May 20, 2020, 08:10:16 pm »
All right so i guess they cannot be unlocked at the black market, in the meantime another update: by the end of february 2602 i made a dedicated base in sout east asia for the underwater missions, and assaulted a shirne ship, captured church beastmaster and finally managed to kill my first chrissalyd terrorist! A real nightmare, and as grand finale i unlocked "interstellar travel" and "heavy fighter craft" which gave me the kraken and researched gauss weapons disassembly like the laser ones, but cannot still manufactrue both!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:16:44 pm by xcomfan »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 20, 2020, 08:30:46 pm »
^^ hehe, *Humanists, and (P)trolletariat  :D :D)

btw. are these plantations really worth it ? (them)

bcos, indeed, its just really vast area of bases, builded-off, seized-o..  with them..

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 20, 2020, 08:48:46 pm »

btw. are these plantations really worth it ? (them)

If space isn't being used, it should be used for weed plantations.

xcomfan

« Reply #584 on: May 20, 2020, 10:51:37 pm »
Please may someone provedo a video/some GIFs/screenshots with explication on how update buildings work? Also on how to harvest the weed and boom plantation