Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328721 times)

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #480 on: January 13, 2020, 04:09:27 pm »
Zombies are meant as exactly how you experience them. HOLY FUCK, THIS IS NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED!!!!
Chance for Zombies is about 5% for several missions, just to give you a little something to be worried about.

Concerning bows, I only consider the poison arrow variant worth using. There really is a huge difference. Normal arrows roll damage, and then roll again for health damage, which effectively halves the damage again. In contrast poison arrows have the two dice roll like sniper rifles and plasma, so are very consistent.

The thing about spartans is, they have the sniper/spotter behavoior, which you might not know about. Basically, if one of your units is spotted, they have maphack on that unit and know where it is for a few turns. And knowing where it is, all sniper enabled units can target it, even if they can't see it. Spartans have a lot of sniper enabled units. This then results in lots of grenades beeing thrown, as a regular shot is likely blocked by terrain. The only thing that helps is stand in places where they can not throw a grenade. The AI can only target the tile your gal is standing on, so it is sufficient that tile cannot be thrown at.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 13, 2020, 04:37:49 pm »
A decent way to deal with prepper base missions is to pepper them from afar with regular gunfire/arrows/cannonballs, as they're not strong enough to lob grenades across the map, being regular humans and all that. They're not actualy armored like spartans so regular guns will take care of them, so try to use early game accurate guns like flintlock rifles, ol' carbines and ramshackle.
Bows are good if you have poison or fire arrows and gals with good throwing skill and enough energy to make them practical.

In regards to armored cars, the assault cannon you start the game works pretty well against it. Regular, explosive and acid cannonballs work decently enough against them. If you don't have that, use grenades, even regular gunpowder bombs should be enough.

If you get zombies in an early game mission it can be pretty dangerous due to the presence of a strix zombie and those female zombies that throw fireballs, not to mention a possible chryssalid, which are pretty damn tough and will ruin your day if it catches even one of your guys/gals. If you really want to take it down in the early game, you'll need to hit it with multiple shots from the assault cannon, loads of shotgun blasts at close range or melee'ing using axes or hammers, all of which are really risky propositions. Regular zombies are almost harmless if you just keep your distance, just tough to take down.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:46:12 pm by Dakkdakk »

Offline Bonkus72

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 18, 2020, 07:04:07 pm »
@Eddie I Thanks for the additional info.  I had no idea that Spartans could do that and knowing that could help quite a bit in the future.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 26, 2020, 01:08:44 am »
Flame arrows have a bit of extra utility though in that they're an amazing light source

Offline Doomsdayman

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 20, 2020, 05:00:31 pm »
Not really a question with the game it self but. Does any body know where the picture from the main menu is from?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #485 on: February 20, 2020, 08:56:14 pm »
Not really a question with the game it self but. Does any body know where the picture from the main menu is from?

I can't remember and can't check right now, but it's written in the credits file.

Offline Doomsdayman

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 22, 2020, 11:00:48 pm »
I can't remember and can't check right now, but it's written in the credits file.

I only see in the credits "The mod is using graphic works of many authors, downloaded from Interntet, for backgrounds and Pedia screens."

I will try PMing the creator.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 24, 2020, 12:35:52 am »
I only see in the credits "The mod is using graphic works of many authors, downloaded from Interntet, for backgrounds and Pedia screens."

I will try PMing the creator.
You want to check readme folder in the game files, not the game itself.

Berggen - Cover Art
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:41:27 am by Gremlion »

Offline Doomsdayman

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2020, 05:42:33 pm »
Thanks

Another question.

Sometimes when I middle click on a item on the sell screen it go's to the Bootypedia item other times it go's to the Tech Tree. How can I always get the Bootypedia item while on the sell screen?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 25, 2020, 07:15:09 pm »
Middle click behavior is based on if you have the item researched or not. If it is you get the pedia page, if it isn't you get it's tech tree listing.

Offline Doomsdayman

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 26, 2020, 07:15:51 pm »
Well the thing is sometimes I did researched it but still it points me to the tech tree.

Also are Star Gods invincible to laser, piercing and explosive, I keep getting 0 hit.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 26, 2020, 08:44:21 pm »

Also are Star Gods invincible to laser, piercing and explosive, I keep getting 0 hit.
This tooltip shows zero damage until you deplete shield to zero.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 26, 2020, 08:45:15 pm »
AFAIK, not immune, but certainly very resistant due to their energy shield, meaning you won't deal any real damage until you take their shields down. Try using flak cannons, elephant repeating shotguns and other such things to take the shields down first.

After the shields go down, they're not all that tough. A star god novice has only basic armor values and some energy related resistances. Not exactly wet tissue paper, just slightly more resistant then your average uber, its their equipment and stat lines that makes them scary. The average merc has way more armor and resistances.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:49:18 pm by Dakkdakk »

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 28, 2020, 01:40:30 pm »
Well the thing is sometimes I did researched it but still it points me to the tech tree.

Try CTRL + middle click. That will always show bootypedia for researched items.

You have two options:
1) Deplete their shields, but that takes a lot of firepower. Not easy in the early game.
2) Hit them with something that bypasses the shield.
Spoiler:
For blue shields, you can just run to them and cut them down with cutting damage. But you need very high chance to hit, to beat their dodge. Like at least 140%.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 01:46:28 pm by Galwail »

Offline Doomsdayman

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 28, 2020, 08:50:57 pm »
Wow thanks all for the tips.

Ctrl + Middle button works :D.

Also thanks for the tips with the shield. Going to try and melee them with cutting weapons.